1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 08:09
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    As stated before, I would very much like to believe in God. If sufficient evidence comes along, I'll happily change my mind.
    The whole universe isn't enough?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 08:12
    I guess you missed the part sir when i said 'already discounted.' My studies were not motivated by a search for God, so it is not surprising I missed Him. (I had come to the conclusion God didn't exist long before i set off to university). Religion is History, Sociology, Geography and Culture all in one. It was a beautiful subject to study and I enjo ...[text shortened]... you anything. It's up to you if you want to stop your search just a few steps into your journey.
    You don't grasp the journey since you completely missed the point entirely. How can you tell if someone finds God or not if you don't know enough to recognize it?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 08:16
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The whole universe isn't enough?
    Sure, if you can evidence that He created it, or indeed that He Himself exists.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 08:38
    Sure, if you can evidence that He created it, or indeed that He Himself exists.
    It isn't eternal, it didn't create itself, and it supports life rings like a plan, purpose, and design to me. From the macro to micro it's a work of art.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 12:14
    It isn't eternal, it didn't create itself, and it supports life rings like a plan, purpose, and design to me. From the macro to micro it's a work of art.
    Ah, God bless randomness. 😉
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 13:03
    Ah, God bless randomness. 😉
    No, we are fearfully and wonderfully made, our creator controls the whole of the universe
    and set it up for us.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 13:371 edit
    No, we are fearfully and wonderfully made, our creator controls the whole of the universe
    and set it up for us.
    We certainly evolved that way.

(Worth noting that we can evidence evolution. Something you can't do for creation,...other than to point at a flower and say 'God did it' ).
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 13:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Having lived among Christians all my life (and even been one), I am familiar with and understand your ir-got-me-through-hard-times personal testimony. The mixture of insecuriry and chip-on-your-shoulder elements you exhibit, however, have not been quite so common. Tell us more about Ghost of a Duke's "big brain".
    There's entirely no need for you to project your own fears upon me.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 13:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There's entirely no need for you to project your own fears upon me.
    "Fears"?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 14:03
    We certainly evolved that way.

(Worth noting that we can evidence evolution. Something you can't do for creation,...other than to point at a flower and say 'God did it' ).
    I can look at a process and ask could this be through random acts or did it require a touch
    that knew what it was doing to set it up? So many complex things within living systems
    do require a touch of timing that if it wasn't setup properly wouldn't work, and you also
    have things like blood pressure that if random thickness were involved would never end
    up in finding the proper thickness the holes would cause a dead end life form.

You want to look at all the details of the whole stinking universe that had to be just right
    to support life, than look at all the complex details in life, and string that all together and
    say random chance deserves a lot of credit I don't think you are wise in doing it, but you
    will live and die with those beliefs.

Bull$hit on your evolution evidence and lack thereof for creation, it is like your lack of
    eye for God, you will never see ID and a creator, you don't want to even entertain the idea.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 00:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Fears"?
    "What?"
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 01:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    "What?"
    My post about your apparent chip-on-your-shoulder reference to Ghost of a Duke's big brain had nothing to do with anyone's "fears".
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 04:12
    I asked you previously if you had given any serious study to Islam.

With this post you have demonstrated that you haven't.
    There is a verse that says that allah love everyone? I've talked to Muslims who say that allah hates infidels

You never hear of muslims talking about their personal relationship with allah, nor do you ever hear them call him father.

Why do you think that is? Could it be I'm right? Allah is cold and distant.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 05:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    You never hear of muslims talking about their personal relationship with allah, nor do you ever hear them call him father. Why do you think that is? Could it be I'm right? Allah is cold and distant.
    Let's say you and I are BOTH wrong, and Islam is, after all, the true religion and the proper means of worshipping god, then your personal preference for Christianity is neither here nor there.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 05:291 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    There is a verse that says that allah love everyone?
    I've just had a look at a Christian anti-Muslim web site and it concedes that "Allah is said to love those who do good deeds (2:195), those who are pure (2:222), those who are righteous (9:7), and those who fight in his cause (61:4), the Qur’an is equally clear that Allah has no love for transgressors (2:190), ungrateful sinners (2:276), the unjust (3:57), or the proud (4:36). Even more significantly, the Qur’an states that Allah does not love non-Muslims:" http://www.answeringmuslims.com/p/about.html So that Christian web site has given you a few verses you could be getting on with for a start.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree