1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jan '16 18:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    No. Knowing man, there should be no wonder that he had to be "redundant". How many men "get" what you tell them the first time?
    That is certainly true of a "day" in Genesis. How many times must you be told that a "day" is really a "day" before you get it? 😏
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '16 15:01
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is certainly true of a "day" in Genesis. How many times must you be told that a "day" is really a "day" before you get it? 😏
    We, the ones here who think rationally, which does not include you, think the universe, the Earth and all that is 14 odd billion years old and THAT is a fact. The fact being we understand scientific evidence and so we go with that.

Whether or not we also believe in a god, is another story but a lot of us here are on the same page and will remain on the same page regardless of the number of times you call us numbnuts or morons.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '16 18:56
    Nowhere in the Bible does it state that "a day is really a day". In fact, a day is likened to many things in scripture.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Jan '16 19:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    We, the ones here who think rationally, which does not include you, think the universe, the Earth and all that is 14 odd billion years old and THAT is a fact. The fact being we understand scientific evidence and so we go with that.

Whether or not we also believe in a god, is another story but a lot of us here are on the same page and will remain on the same page regardless of the number of times you call us numbnuts or morons.
    But I still maintain that the facts about the universe are true... and yet that none of those facts denies that there is a God who exists and loves us and has a plan which is still unfolding.

I see two sides to this: one side says "God!" and the other side says "Science!" And each thinks the two cannot co-exist. I believe they can, and this is where the truth is to be found, in the melding of the two. "God and Science!"
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '16 22:07
    But I still maintain that the facts about the universe are true... and yet that none of those facts denies that there is a God who exists and loves us and has a plan which is still unfolding.

I see two sides to this: one side says "God!" and the other side says "Science!" And each thinks the two cannot co-exist. I believe they can, and this is where the truth is to be found, in the melding of the two. "God and Science!"
    I couldn't agree more, at least till the time when it is proved to be driven by a deity or driven by science, which won't happen in anyone's lifetime here for sure.

That may be a discussion of the THIRTY FIRST century not the 21'st. Or the 41st century, whatever.

Who gives a crap whether we believe the universe actually came about 14 odd billion years ago and we think it was a white hole which was a black hole in another universe or if a deity wiggled its rhetorical finger and blew its nose and our universe was born.

That is all basically at this stage of the game, mythology and science and religion can live side by side in peace if certain sub groups could just put aside all the biases and prejudices.

Which of course will never happen since those folks have minds cast in concrete and are unable to EVER change so the only thing that can happen is their numbers will gradually get smaller and smaller and their political power bases will grow weaker and weaker as the decades roll on till they fade into the dust of history.

I see no other way for humanity to actually grow up into a mature peace loving species.

Till then it will be war as usual and a lot of that war over religion.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jan '16 03:57
    Originally posted by sonhouse

It is a strange fact that you would prefer to remain numbnuts and morons than accept the plain truth as it is written. 😏
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jan '16 04:01
    Nowhere in the Bible does it state that "a day is really a day". In fact, a day is likened to many things in scripture.
    You have a strange Bible that nowhere in it does a day really mean a normal day. 😏
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jan '16 13:11
    You have a strange Bible that nowhere in it does a day really mean a normal day. 😏
    In other words, you believe in fairy tales. You believe in demons, dragons, fear your lord and such. Have you ever SEEN your lord? Have you ever actually SEEN a demon, much less a dragon? Well maybe after you have had too much brew which I am quite sure you imbibe.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jan '16 08:14
    Go ahead, cite the verse, Bobo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree