1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jan '16 22:41
    Why would a deity inspire people of ancient times to write books about religious subjects and then all of a sudden stop, nothing inspired by a god today? I am sure there are plenty of books people THINK are god inspired but just coming strictly out of their imagination.
  2. Wales
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 00:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why would a deity inspire people of ancient times to write books about religious subjects and then all of a sudden stop, nothing inspired by a god today? I am sure there are plenty of books people THINK are god inspired but just coming strictly out of their imagination.
    This is daft. You have not read the Bible.
    I am not a religious person, but I understand from reading the Bible why there are no true new inspired books from God
    Why dont you get with the Program and read up b4 you make daft posts in Forums
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 00:17
    How do you know?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 07:24
    Originally posted by Welsh invader
    Merely calling it daft is not good enough. See if you can come up with some sort of actual explanation.
    I also have to point out that some Christians like the Mormons do not believe that the traditional Biblical books were the last ones. So do you believe all Mormons are daft?
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 07:24
    The age of prophecy is over. Pope said so a long time ago.

Reveal Hidden Content
    Why believe the Pope? Well, that's another thread.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 08:49
    Originally posted by moonbus
    The age of prophecy is over. Pope said so a long time ago.
    He was superseded by Muhammad who added the Quran and then declared there would be no more revelations from God.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 08:561 edit
    I am not a religious person, but I understand from reading the Bible why there are no true new inspired books from God
    To say you 'understand from reading the Bible why there are no true new inspired books from God' and then not explain how you derive at that understanding, could also be construed as daft.

P.S Welcome to the site sir.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 09:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    He was superseded by Muhammad who added the Quran and then declared there would be no more revelations from God.
    ... who was superseded by Joe Smith who found some gold tablets under a rock in upstate NY, who was superseded by Haile Selassie, who was superseded by Mary Baker Eddy, who was superseded by Jerry Falwell, and so on ad nauseum .... One either accepts the 'official story' or one doesn't. That's just part of what it means to be a Christian.
  9. Wales
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 12:17
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Merely calling it daft is not good enough. See if you can come up with some sort of actual explanation.
    I also have to point out that some Christians like the Mormons do not believe that the traditional Biblical books were the last ones. So do you believe all Mormons are daft?
    The Bible contains many warnings about false doctrines and explains how we are to identify and respond to them.
    Deuteronomy 4:2. 12:32
    Proverbs 30:32
    Revelation has several warnings
    These are just some examples.
    The Mormons book came later and there are other books such as the Urantia book.
    They are said to be modern bible books, but does it say in (for example) Revelation that we should look out for extra news from Jesus in the modern books.
    No it says do not add and do not take away the messages contained in the Bible
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 12:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 12:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 12:37
    The Bible contains many warnings about false doctrines and explains how we are to identify and respond to them.
    Deuteronomy 4:2. 12:32
    Proverbs 30:32
    Revelation has several warnings
    These are just some examples.
    The Mormons book came later and there are other books such as the Urantia book.
    They are said to be modern bible books, but does it say ...[text shortened]... he modern books.

Yeah, right, of course you're not religious 😞
  13. Wales
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 13:09
    It does not say in Revelation that there will be new news from Jesus in the modern books.
    It says do not add to the Bible and do not take away
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 13:381 edit
    No, it does not. The Bible does not contain any reference to 'the Bible' as it didn't exist at the time the various books were written. Methinks you should be a bit more careful before throwing around accusations of 'daft'ness.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 22:20
    Your answer (as if you were actually looking for one, amirite) can be found in an exploration of dispensations.

Once you understand dispensations (don't fret: no one is holding their breath on this), you will better understand the lack of modern day inspiration.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree