Why are no bible books written today?

Why are no bible books written today?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
15 Jan 16

Originally posted by sonship
ThinkOfOne,

...the Bible fully and straightforwardly explains God's will, contains no conflicting or contradictory passages and everyone who has ever read it is in complete agreement as to its meaning...

Were you just scolding someone for having a kind of immature attitude ?
This sarcastic quip is not all that reflective of ...[text shortened]... e - [b]Ephesians 4:11 - 16
) [/quote]

We may GROW UP not throw up our hands in despair.[/b]
C'mon jaywill. The ellipses at the beginning and ending of what was quoted indicate that it was taken out of CONTEXT.

Here it is in CONTEXT:

SH: Why would a deity inspire people of ancient times to write books about religious subjects and then all of a sudden stop, nothing inspired by a god today?

ToO: This is daft. Since the Bible fully and straightforwardly explains God's will, contains no conflicting or contradictory passages and everyone who has ever read it is in complete agreement as to its meaning, why would there be a need for God to inspire people to write additional books about religious subjects?

The FACT is that Bible does NOT "fully and straightforwardly explain God's will, does NOT "contain no conflicting or contradictory passages" and NOT "everyone who has ever read it is in complete agreement as to its meaning".

The FACT is that since the above is true, EVERYONE picks and chooses what parts of the Bible they believe.

The FACT is that although many may deny this fact, they end up picking and choosing regardless. They just do so disingenuously.

"Sophisticated adult thinking" requires that one have the maturity to accept, rather than deny, the above FACTS.

r

Moves
15 Jan 16

[b] It is not correct to say the scrolls are being written based on our lives.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it depends.
The scrolls contain the deeds of the ones described as "the dead" standing before God at the great white throne judgment at the end of the mill ...[text shortened]... "the judgment seat of Christ" 1,000 years before this judgment at the great white throne.[/b]
Doesn't that speak of the dead after they have been brought back to life?
And wouldn't that refer to the works they did after their resurrection up to the time of the end of the millennium?

So do you believe that "the wages of sin is death"?
In other words, when we die our sinful works are paid for by that death?

Of course, we should repent by turning away from those works that earn death to the best of our ability while alive. That's where the value of the ransom comes in. God can forgive us on a daily basis and help us to do better but ultimately our pay is death.

Then when we are resurrected, given the gift of life again, this wicked and unsuccessful system of things will be gone and we will live according to the new scrolls.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16

Here it is in CONTEXT:

SH: Why would a deity inspire people of ancient times to write books about religious subjects and then all of a sudden stop, nothing inspired by a god today?

ToO: This is daft. Since the Bible fully and straightforwardly explains God's will, contains no conflicting or contradictory passages and everyone who has ever read it is in complete agreement as to its meaning, why would there be a need for God to inspire people to write additional books about religious subjects?

So far I think that you are only confirming that I took your reply to be sarcasm.
Right ?

The FACT is that Bible does NOT "fully and straightforwardly explain God's will, does NOT "contain no conflicting or contradictory passages" and NOT "everyone who has ever read it is in complete agreement as to its meaning".

There is much I could reply about here.

Tell me please. Is this description of the will of God obscure to you ?

" For this is THE WILL OF GOD, your sanctification: ..." (1 Thess. 4:3a)

The will of God ... is my sanctification. That is to be made holy.

Admittedly that is only one passage on the will of God.
But it is kind of foundational.
He first WILLS that you be sanctified - set apart for Himself, filled with His Spirit, His life and nature.

Is this word about the will of God just too fuzzy for you ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16
3 edits

Before I go on possibly with your other comments. Please tell me if man's "sanctification" as God's will is not too straightforward for you.

To be fair, I'll include the rest of the context which I know you care about.

"For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from fornication;

That each one of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, Not in the passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God;

That no one overstep and take advantage of his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger concerning all these things, even as we also said before to you and solemnly charged.

For God has called us for sanctification. Consequently, he who rejects, rejects not man but God, who also gives His Holy Spirit to you." (1 Thess. 4:3-8)

Isn't this a straightforward passage on what the will of God is ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16
1 edit

ToO,

Here's another passage about "the will of God". I think this one is straightforward.

"Always rejoice,
Unceasingly pray,
In everything give thanks; for this is THE WILL OF GOD in Christ Jesus for you.

Do not quench the Spirit;
Do not despise prophecies,
But prove all things, Hold fast to what is good;
Abstain from every form of evil. " (1 Thess. 5:16-22)

Isn't this straightforward on "For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you ..." ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jan 16

ToO,

Okay, there is some different schools of thought about foreknowledge and predestination, or about pre-tribulation or post-tribulation rapture, or no rapture.
Okay, there are plenty opinions about this.

Or there are differences on what is the way to baptize - forward, backwards, in what name, river water, sea water, etc.

But what about the will of God as I quoted in First Thessalonians? Our sanctification - the will of God. Our continuous rejoicing and giving thanks in all things - the will of God.

Can we say different opinions make it absolutely totally obscure what God's will is ?
I don't think we can make that excuse.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
15 Jan 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You're like young teen. If you're older than 15 Greg, you should be embarrassed.
First name terms ... are we friends now? 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
You're like young teen. If you're older than 15 Greg, you should be embarrassed.
I like Agerg the way he is. I'm glad he posts here when other younger posters have been "bored" and "beat" out of here by the more older posters.

I know you are not ageist in general, but your post smacked of it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
16 Jan 16

ToO,

Here's another passage about [b]"the will of God"
. I think this one is straightforward.

[quote] "Always rejoice,
Unceasingly pray,
In everything give thanks; for this is THE WILL OF GOD in Christ Jesus for you.

Do not quench the Spirit;
Do not despise prophecies,
But prove all things, Hold fast to what is good;
Abstain from ...[text shortened]... sn't this straightforward on [b]"For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you ..." ?
[/b]
Yeah, but many today throw away the Holy Bible along with God and the creation and cling to the so-called science of billions of years of evolution and death and disease.

They couldn't care less about any sanctification for they probably don't even know what you are talking about. 😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Jan 16

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yeah, but many today throw away the Holy Bible along with God and the creation and cling to the so-called science of billions of years of evolution and death and disease.
There is no need of this. The Holy Bible and God co-exist perfectly well with modern cosmology and evolution.

It's only short-sighted egoists like you who proclaim that every word in the Bible is obvious and literal and complete. How many times do I have to say it? God doesn't tell us everything.

Moves
16 Jan 16

Originally posted by RJHinds

They couldn't care less about any sanctification for they probably don't even know what you are talking about. 😏
I hope Suzianne's words find you Hinds...

rc

Moves
16 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
I hope Suzianne's words find you Hinds...
If I was Hinds I'd hope that they don't, they are nonsense. Darwinian evolution and Biblical creation are mutually exclusive.

Moves
16 Jan 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
If I was Hinds I'd hope that they don't, they are nonsense. Darwinian evolution and Biblical creation are mutually exclusive.
With careful study sir, you will see that they are not.

Would you like guidance?

rc

Moves
16 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
With careful study sir, you will see that they are not.

Would you like guidance?
Guidance? As you wish Ghostly one, lead the way

Moves
16 Jan 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Guidance? As you wish Ghostly one, lead the way
The first step towards enlightenment is a rapid change in football teams.