1. Wales
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 22:54
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, it does not. The Bible does not contain any reference to 'the Bible' as it didn't exist at the time the various books were written. Methinks you should be a bit more careful before throwing around accusations of 'daft'ness.
    I just met a dreary conversationalist

I would have to leave a pub if you turned up and started going on and on about things people know, but things which you think are new.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 23:38
    Originally posted by Welsh invader

I would have to leave a pub if you turned up and started going on and on about things people know, but things which you think are new.
    I think we would all *ask* you to leave the pub if you got on your imaginary pulpit and started Bile .. ahem Bible thumping

Hope this helps πŸ™‚
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 23:402 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    No, it does not. The Bible does not contain any reference to 'the Bible' as it didn't exist at the time the various books were written. Methinks you should be a bit more careful before throwing around accusations of 'daft'ness.
    The Bible does not contain any reference to 'the Bible' as it didn't exist at the time the various books were written. Methinks you should be a bit more careful before throwing around accusations of 'daft'ness.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bible contains references to both "books" and "Scriptures".
    It mentioned "the prophetic writings."

"Which He [God] promised beforehand through His prophets in the holy Scriptures," (Rom 1:2)

The readers knew that he meant the Jewish Bible.

And Jesus said "Scripture cannot be broken" to a crowd of Jews who knew that He was talking about their Bible.
  4. Wales
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 23:43
    The thing is I would not be Bible thumping
    I would be be enjoying the time with normal people
    Maybe a game of darts
    and some chat about sport
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 23:543 edits
    This is daft. You have not read the Bible.
    I am not a religious person, but I understand from reading the Bible why there are no true new inspired books from God
    Why dont you get with the Program and read up b4 you make daft posts in Forums
    I am not a religious person, but I understand from reading the Bible why there are no true new inspired books from God
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am continually looking to the Spirit of Jesus to save me from being a religious person.
    He is very good at saving people from religion into reality.

God speaks today still. He speaks though based upon what He has already said.
    Sometimes if He notices that you will not receive His light from words spoken in the completed canon of the Bible He may not waste speaking to you additional words.

You see the words He gave you you may ignore.
    This ignoring what HAS been spoken already, just may hinder you from receiving fresh light and truth though He would WANT to speak more to you.

There is no need to complain that there are no other books from God beyond Revelation.
    There is need to open our hearts to the words from God we have in the 39 Old Testament and 27 New Testament books of the Bible.

It is an adventure to have His fresh speaking in a most intimate and personal way, which is uncanny. But it will not contradict what He has said in the Bible. It may illuminate with more penetrating light what He HAS said in the Bible.

Have a blast playing darts.
  6. Wales
    Moves
    10 Jan '16 23:58
    Thank you Sir
    And information greatfully receaved and noted

Jimmy
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 00:001 edit
    Maybe a game of darts
    and some chat about sport

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So to be interested in what this Bible says is not to be a normal person ?
    A normal person would be apathetic about what is in the Bible ?
  8. Wales
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 00:07
    Ok in a nut shell my boss is a JW and so I chat with him about my views and his
    I also meet his family and friends and without disrespect to JW
    It is nice to take time out and have a game of darts with non JW people

I mean no disrespect to anyone!
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 02:194 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why would a deity inspire people of ancient times to write books about religious subjects and then all of a sudden stop, nothing inspired by a god today? I am sure there are plenty of books people THINK are god inspired but just coming strictly out of their imagination.
    There has been so many books written about Jesus since those days you probably can't count them all. In our time there are probably several books published everyday about God and Jesus and you haven't even read the best seller yet. You hypocrite and low life. 😏
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 03:245 edits
    Why would a deity inspire people of ancient times to write books about religious subjects and then all of a sudden stop, nothing inspired by a god today? I am sure there are plenty of books people THINK are god inspired but just coming strictly out of their imagination.
    Why would a deity inspire people of ancient times to write books about religious subjects and then all of a sudden stop, nothing inspired by a god today?

This is daft. Since the Bible fully and straightforwardly explains God's will, contains no conflicting or contradictory passages and everyone who has ever read it is in complete agreement as to its meaning, why would there be a need for God to inspire people to write additional books about religious subjects?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 06:24

So you knew it all along but said it anyway?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 06:25
    Originally posted by sonship
    The readers knew that he meant the Jewish Bible.
    So can we therefore take it that the New Testament is heretical? Or are you not following the conversation?
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 13:59
    The scrolls were canonized in the 4c CE. The issue is closed; no new 'books' will be added to the Bible. The Bible is a snapshot, frozen in time. This does not mean that the revelation of God's will for man has ceased. God's will for man continues to be revealed in other forms. It is typical of Protestants, however, and of people ill-informed about mainstream Christian doctrine, to think that only what is in the Bible is Christianity.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 14:241 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    [b] The Bible does not contain any reference to 'the Bible' as it didn't exist at the time the various books were written. Methinks you should be a bit more careful before throwing around accusations of 'daft'ness.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bible contains referenc ...[text shortened]... ripture cannot be broken"[/b] to a crowd of Jews who knew that He was talking about their Bible.[/b]
    Yet 'scripture' WAS broken. You do realize this reference to 'scripture' was the Septuagint , right? That WAS their bible. And mostly the Greek LXX translation, not even the original Hebrew.

So all the books written after that WAS 'Scripture broken'. As spoken by Jesus himself.

It looks clear Jesus would not have approved any of the NT. His words say that much very clearly.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 17:461 edit
    Yet 'scripture' WAS broken. You do realize this reference to 'scripture' was the Septuagint , right? That WAS their bible. And mostly the Greek LXX translation, not even the original Hebrew.

So all the books written after that WAS 'Scripture broken'. As spoken by Jesus himself.

It looks clear Jesus would not have approved any of the NT. His words say that much very clearly.
    New books - True or False Prophets

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree