1. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 01:18
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Did you actually watch the presentation (the video linked in the OP)?

Because if you had you aught to realise that you are making one of the exact same stupid
    argument's that she pointed out theists make that are total bunk and why.

Are you trying to make her point or did you just not bother watching the video?

If religions can take credit for 'good' done in their name then they can take credit for everything
    done in their name.
    No I dont have an hour to waste listening to some moron atheists woman give some dumb speech .. sorry.

And I was right because this statement of yours is a very stupid one .. "If religions can take credit for 'good' done in their name then they can take credit for everything
    done in their name.."

Are you saying that the priest are molesting the kids in the name of God or in the name of religion ? Are the girls being mutilated in the name of God?

You dumbo .. the priests are acting on their own evil desires and thoughts, which are built into all people. Atheists also abuse kids ... who are you blaming for that?

WHO DO YOU BLAME FOR WRONGS COMMITTED BY ATHEISTS ??
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 01:23
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    No I dont have an hour to waste listening to some moron atheists woman give some dumb speech .. sorry.

And I was right because this statement of yours is a very stupid one .. "If religions can take credit for 'good' done in their name then they can take credit for everything
    done in their name.."

Are you saying that the priest are molesting ...[text shortened]... ... who are you blaming for that?

WHO DO YOU BLAME FOR WRONGS COMMITTED BY ATHEISTS ??
    The point of the thread as stated in the op was discussion of the issues raised in the video.

You haven't watched it and have no clue what was actually said.

You thus have no interesting or valid opinion on this topic.

And I will thus ignore you utterly for the remainder of this thread.

You don't have the courtesy to either watch the video or refrain from posting your ignorant inanities.

I have nothing more to say to you.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 01:49
    The point of the thread as stated in the op was discussion of the issues raised in the video.

You haven't watched it and have no clue what was actually said.

You thus have no interesting or valid opinion on this topic.

And I will thus ignore you utterly for the remainder of this thread.

You don't have the courtesy to either watch the video or refrain from posting your ignorant inanities.

I have nothing more to say to you.
    Oh .. nothing more to say?

Thats because you cannot answer the question ..

Who do you blame for wrongs committed by atheists?

You cant blame religion or God or Christianity ... Who ?

A priest molests a kid ... blame Christianity.
    An atheist molests a kid ... ???????

😀
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 04:30
    [b]"I said in my analysis of the angry atheist woman in the video that she was
    blaming religion for all these things in life she was angry about. It was not
    the world she was blaming."

Yes I noticed this which is probably why my post was in response to somebody else.

"The problem I see with her is that she lumps Christianity in with
    fals ...[text shortened]... ly pleased that your beliefs drive Atheists nuts.

You really shouldn't be.
    Basically you are saying if a person in a particular religion misunderstands
    something in their religious holy book and does something bad. It does not
    matter what is the intentions of the holy book, the religion is still to be blamed
    for the bad deed. So when those Muslims flew those planes into the twin
    towers in New York City and another into the Pentagon because of their
    understanding of Islam, the religion of Islam is to blame regardless of what
    was the intended meaning of their holy text. This seems to me to be the
    kind of thinking that causes religious wars.

Perhaps we should take this kind of reasoning a little further and imprison
    all atheist because some atheist are rapist and murders, huh?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 05:051 edit
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 16:32
    Originally posted by jaywill
    So - Jaywill - what do you think should be done to minimize the sorts of things this woman is angry about.

It is inevitable, in this world, that hostility from unbelievers in God will grow against believers. If it is not for one reason it will be for another. If the reaction is not for legitimate reasons or weak reasons, it will be fo ...[text shortened]... not for any appeasement. Jesus Christ is coming for unconditional surrender.

See Psalm 2.
    But what about people who "oppose God" because they have the impression that God orders people to fly jets into buildings - or they too often see how bullies use "God" to justify violence or oppression against other people?

Now -- its possible this woman is just using these examples to justify a deep-seated opposition to God. But its also possible that this woman is simply fed up with the garbage that is way too often done in God's name. And because of it, she simply cannot see religions producing anything else.

Some of the responses to this woman on this thread bother me greatly. Refusing to even listen to what she has to say. Saying that all she needs is a strong man to love her. Arguing that she's a just hateful person. Isn't this just an effort to cut off her ears with a sword?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 17:32
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    .. Some of the responses to this woman on this thread bother me greatly.
    You get bothered GREATLY when Christians on RHP respond to some unknown atheist lambasting Christians and religion in general, on YouTube ? Boy, you're a drama queen.. Too much estrogen... that's the problem. Try fixing that and then read what Christ and Paul said about non-believers and blasphemers.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 19:081 edit
    You get bothered GREATLY when Christians on RHP respond to some unknown atheist lambasting Christians and religion in general, on YouTube ? Boy, you're a drama queen.. Too much estrogen... that's the problem. Try fixing that and then read what Christ and Paul said about non-believers and blasphemers.
    I cannot remember being lambasted by atheists at all, in fact i find them more
    reasonable than the professed Christians, easy. Ok, you get some militant ones like
    googlyfudge who really does think that religion is harmful and who would want to
    eradicate it from our minds but on the whole they are really quite pleasant fellows I
    find.
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 19:204 edits
    What did Christ do in response to non-believers and blasphemers? He told Peter to put away his sword, and then Christ stood before those non-believers, allowed himself to be crucified by them, and then while he was in the deepest possible state of pain and suffering, he said "forgive them for they know not what they do".

The thing that bothered me wasn't that people were criticizing what this woman had to say. That's what these forums are for. What bothered me was that some sounded like Peter pulling out the sword to cut off her ears.

I read an article a couple months ago about some kid who was an atheist at a school where almost everyone else was a Christian. The kid started a blog where he expressed his various grievances regarding Christianity and religion in general. And that kid was then subjected to merciless bullying by most of the other kids at that school. I have heard a number of other stories that are similar. So when I heard that woman speaking, I imagined that she was that atheist kid who had been bullied all throughout school because of her beliefs - because most of what she talked about involved someone bullying or abusing someone else.

So what can be done by religious people to minimize bullying and other abusive behaviors that are done in the name of some religion?
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 20:562 edits
    What did Christ do in response to non-believers and blasphemers? He told Peter to put away his sword, and then Christ stood before those non-believers, allowed himself to be crucified by them, and then while he was in the deepest possible state of pain and suffering, he said "forgive them for they know not what they do".

The thing that bothered me wasn to minimize bullying and other abusive behaviors that are done in the name of some religion?
    For the Christian ? Lead by example. Write a book maybe.

Teach the high humanity displayed in Jesus.
    A Christian should live the highest level of morality on earth, by the grace of God.

Vote for fair laws ?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 23:04

The thing that bothered me wasn ...[text shortened]... to minimize bullying and other abusive behaviors that are done in the name of some religion?
    Actually you are very wrong on all counts.

First, Christ came to die for the sins of mankind. Christ knew that and he knew that he was going to be betrayed by Judas and knew that Peter was wasting his time trying to fight. These were not blasphemers, but were the Scribes and Pharisees. These were simply the religious leaders of the Jews who did not know that they were crucifying the son of God. Hence the reason why Christ asked God to forgive them beucase they really did not know.

Next, I cannot see any reason why what anyone said on this thread sounded like "..Peter pulling out the sward to cut off her ears.." Can you give an example ? Is it your opinion that theists are persecuting atheists on this site?

As for bullying .. for you to assume that the woman might have been bullied is really stretching it. Apart from being a drama queen you easily get carried away with your active imagination.

Jaywill gave you the perfect response for what can be done .. live by example and get involved with raising awareness of abuse by religions fanatics.

Last, dont cherry pick the Bible. Read and accept everything.

Mark 6:10-11 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place. And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city

2 John 1:9-11 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 23:13
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I cannot remember being lambasted by atheists at all, in fact i find them more
    reasonable than the professed Christians, easy. Ok, you get some militant ones like
    googlyfudge who really does think that religion is harmful and who would want to
    eradicate it from our minds but on the whole they are really quite pleasant fellows I
    find.
    Wow.

And you call us "plastic Christians".

I might agree with you if it was only those here in this forum.

But out in the real world, some atheists would just as soon stick a knife in your gut than not. They don't care about themselves, so why should they give a rat's patootie for you?

And before the atheists here get all hot and bothered by this, I did say "some", by no means "all". And I did qualify this by first saying that I'd agree if only all atheists were like those in this forum.
  13. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 23:474 edits
    Actually you are very wrong on all counts.

First, Christ came to die for the sins of mankind. Christ knew that and he knew that he was going to be betrayed by Judas and knew that Peter was wasting his time trying to fight. These were not blasphemers, but were the Scribes and Pharisees. These were simply the religious leaders of the Jews who did not know t er bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. [/i]
    One of the posts that bothered me was your post saying "I don't have an hour to waste listening to some moron atheists woman give some dumb speech...sorry". I was also bothered that you referred to googlefudge as "you dumbo".

I cannot imagine Christ giving this kind of response to anyone.

Couldn't you have just avoided making a comment about the woman and simply made your very valid point, with which I totally agree, about "who do blame for wrongs committed by atheists"?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 00:44
    One of the posts that bothered me was your post saying "I don't have an hour to waste listening to some moron atheists woman give some dumb speech...sorry". I was also bothered that you referred to googlefudge as "you dumbo".

I cannot imagine Christ giving this kind of response to anyone.

Couldn't you have just avoided making a comment about the wom ...[text shortened]... oint, with which I totally agree, about "who do blame for wrongs committed by atheists"?
    First I cannot remember claiming that I behaved anything like Christ. GF and I had a perfectly good discussion about genital mutilation and abusive priests. Its after he kept insisting wrongly that the fault was with Christianity or religion then I used harsher language. Cannot imagine how you came to be affected by that.

Is it possible for you for you to focus on what people are saying rather than how they say it? Have you figured out yet that atheists want people like you to change your beliefs ?

Can you avoid being a drama-queen ? I doubt that. Maybe for the same reason I cannot help use harsh language on stupid people. I dont want to be like you any more that you want to me like me. We are two distinct personalities.

Christ used some very harsh language with stupid people in the Bible .. dont believe that Christ was all about love and happiness .. please read your Bible.
  15. St. Peter's
    Moves
    13 Dec '11 00:50
    Oh .. nothing more to say?

Thats because you cannot answer the question ..

[b]Who do you blame for wrongs committed by atheists?

You cant blame religion or God or Christianity ... Who ?

A priest molests a kid ... blame Christianity.
    An atheist molests a kid ... ???????

😀[/b]
    irrefutable logic. He won't answer because he can't. His hatred of Christianity is based on flawed premises, when that flaw is exposed he will "refuse to further engage yadda yadda yadda"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree