"Why Are You Atheists So angry?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
Wow.

And you call us "plastic Christians".

I might agree with you if it was only those here in this forum.

But out in the real world, some atheists would just as soon stick a knife in your gut than not. They don't care about themselves, so why should they give a rat's patootie for you?

And before the atheists here get all hot and bothered by th ...[text shortened]... this by first saying that I'd agree if only all atheists were like those in this forum.
In fact, when going from house to house and speaking to people, its the nutter
evangelicals , who are filled with 'the spirit', and who talk 'in tongues', who writhe
around on church floors, who cannot reason because they have 'their faith', that i find
infinitesimally more scary than atheists. Ive only once had a problem with an atheist
and that was because she thought i was condescending to her, from her experience in
dealing with other Christians, when I assured her it was not the case, she was fine.

How would some atheists just as soon as stick a knife in my gut than not?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by Doward
irrefutable logic. He won't answer because he can't. His hatred of Christianity is based on flawed premises, when that flaw is exposed he will "refuse to further engage yadda yadda yadda"
I thought they were so logical and rational.

M

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
First I cannot remember claiming that I behaved anything like Christ. GF and I had a perfectly good discussion about genital mutilation and abusive priests. Its after he kept insisting wrongly that the fault was with Christianity or religion then I used harsher language. Cannot imagine how you came to be affected by that.

Is it possible for you for yo ...[text shortened]... e Bible .. dont believe that Christ was all about love and happiness .. please read your Bible.
I dont want to be like you any more that you want to me like me. We are two distinct personalities.

I think this is a very wise statement that I do need to remind myself about. I think all of us, whether we are aware of it or not, spend a lot of time trying to change everyone else so that they'll be just like ourselves. One thing that strikes me about these forums is that after all the arguing we engage in, no one really changes their views or even their tone.

Jesus talks about being willing to forgive others. The assumption is that he's only talking about being willing to forgive others when they sin against you . But I wonder if he's also talking about being willing to "forgive" others for simply being different - when they refuse to become a carbon copy of oneself.

Ultimately, you're right. I can be a drama queen at times. I can say stupid things. I think I do get overly angry at people sometimes just because they're different from me. I do sometimes latch onto one thing that a person is saying and ignore the rest of what they are saying. I do sometimes jump to conclusions too quickly. I know it is important to listen completely to what someone is saying before responding, and yet I still too often fail to do this.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by Melanerpes
I dont want to be like you any more that you want to me like me. We are two distinct personalities.

I think this is a very wise statement that I do need to remind myself about. I think all of us, whether we are aware of it or not, spend a lot of time trying to change everyone else so that they'll be just like ourselves. One thing that strikes me ...[text shortened]... y to what someone is saying before responding, and yet I still too often fail to do this.
Well nothing is wrong with being a drama-queen if it suits your personality and nothing is wrong with trying to change people's views. That does not work for me however. I would only try to change an atheist if he appears to be wavering. I have a brother who is a firm atheist of the worst kind .. the kind that condemns all religion and laughs and belittle religious people; very much like some here. So Im used to them.

Christ said to forgive those who offend. I cannot figure out how does an atheist or people with different beliefs offends us. Everyone is entitled to their views.

This is a nice site that helps to bring people back down to earth. Check it out ..

http://www.worldometers.info/

You cannot change the world. You can only hope to just barely influence occasionally if you are lucky a few around you.

M

Moves
13 Dec 11

Well nothing is wrong with being a drama-queen if it suits your personality and nothing is wrong with trying to change people's views. That does not work for me however. I would only try to change an atheist if he appears to be wavering. I have a brother who is a firm atheist of the worst kind .. the kind that condemns all religion and laughs and belittle re ...[text shortened]... rld. You can only hope to just barely influence occasionally if you are lucky a few around you.
When I was making my previous post to you, I sort of had a look in the mirror and I saw some things about myself that weren't good things.

I think this whole thing started when, on another thread, I asked googlefudge why, as an atheist, does he bother to make so many posts in this forum. I think his video about that woman was a response to that. And I then overreacted because people didn't respond to the video the way I wanted them to.

What about your brother, do you have any idea why he is so angry at religion?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
In fact, when going from house to house and speaking to people, its the nutter
evangelicals , who are filled with 'the spirit', and who talk 'in tongues', who writhe
around on church floors, who cannot reason because they have 'their faith', that i find
infinitesimally more scary than atheists. Ive only once had a problem with an atheist
and ...[text shortened]... she was fine.

How would some atheists just as soon as stick a knife in my gut than not?
Infinitesimally? I'm guessing you meant infinitely here. You find your Christian brothers MORE scary than atheists. Fantastic. This coming from someone who is always calling his Christian brothers "not Christian" for not following the teachings of Jesus. It's also terribly hypocritical.

And apparently, for someone who claims to be "from the street", you don't have much of a clue of how nasty those streets are.

rc

Moves
14 Dec 11

Infinitesimally? I'm guessing you meant infinitely here. You find your Christian brothers MORE scary than atheists. Fantastic. This coming from someone who is always calling his Christian brothers "not Christian" for not following the teachings of Jesus. It's also terribly hypocritical.

And apparently, for someone who claims to be "from the street", you don't have much of a clue of how nasty those streets are.
So lets get this, i am more inclined to be knifed by an Atheist, do you realise how
deviod of reason that statement is? and yes i find certain branches of so called
'Christianity', creepy, any reasoning person would, writhing around on church floors,
dancing with snakes, speaking in tongues, etc etc

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Dec 11

Originally posted by Melanerpes
When I was making my previous post to you, I sort of had a look in the mirror and I saw some things about myself that weren't good things.

I think this whole thing started when, on another thread, I asked googlefudge why, as an atheist, does he bother to make so many posts in this forum. I think his video about that woman was a response to that. And I ...[text shortened]... nted them to.

What about your brother, do you have any idea why he is so angry at religion?
I think you are condemning yourself a bit too much.

Why he became atheist? I guess its the same reason why people in general do. Living a religious lifestyle is not everyone's idea of a good life.

j

Moves
14 Dec 11

This is why they are so MAD !

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
14 Dec 11

Originally posted by jaywill
This is why they are so MAD !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36ifo5PYwE
i can see why they would be, that's god-awful singing.

M

Moves
14 Dec 11

I think you are condemning yourself a bit too much.

Why he became atheist? I guess its the same reason why people in general do. Living a religious lifestyle is not everyone's idea of a good life.
In your view - what do you find is the best thing about living a religious lifestyle? What do you believe the atheists are missing out on?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
So lets get this, i am more inclined to be knifed by an Atheist, do you realise how
deviod of reason that statement is? and yes i find certain branches of so called
'Christianity', creepy, any reasoning person would, writhing around on church floors,
dancing with snakes, speaking in tongues, etc etc
I'm devoid of reason? You just compared your Christian brothers to atheists, and the atheists come up ahead. That's okay, the atheists would say I'm devoid of reason too. Go ahead and make your bed with them, then. And you wonder why you don't get much respect from other Christians here when you say stuff like this.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
14 Dec 11

Well nothing is wrong with being a drama-queen if it suits your personality and nothing is wrong with trying to change people's views. That does not work for me however. I would only try to change an atheist if he appears to be wavering. I have a brother who is a firm atheist of the worst kind .. the kind that condemns all religion and laughs and belittle re ...[text shortened]... rld. You can only hope to just barely influence occasionally if you are lucky a few around you.
I have a brother who is a firm atheist of the worst kind .. the kind that condemns all religion and laughs and belittle religious people.

For some reason i find that rather comforting.

rc

Moves
14 Dec 11

I'm devoid of reason? You just compared your Christian brothers to atheists, and the atheists come up ahead. That's okay, the atheists would say I'm devoid of reason too. Go ahead and make your bed with them, then. And you wonder why you don't get much respect from other Christians here when you say stuff like this.
until you provide any reasons, you remain, deviod of reason, i am not the least bit
interested in whether a person is deemed a Christian, or an atheists, to me, they are
first and foremost human beings.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Dec 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
i can see why they would be, that's god-awful singing.
How about this one.

&feature=related