1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 02:34
    Originally posted by @suzianne ... And your future is squarely ON YOU to decide.[/b]
    I CHOOSE no hell. Not even just for bad people.

An all-mighty god has to be bigger than that.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 08:321 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    So would you suddenly believe in a religion if God himself TOLD you to? Maybe yea, maybe nay, but God does not want puppets. God wants those who make a FREE WILL choice for him. It's easy to say you believe in a god who physically holds you over the abyss threatening to throw you in. Harder to believe in one who is more subtle and preaches love, even f ...[text shortened]... who refuse him. However, Judgement still awaits. And your future is squarely ON YOU to decide.
    In the account that you freely offered in this forum, of you being visited by angels, you said that they spoke to you and gave you a specific instruction which you followed and then something changed permenantly in your life.

Do you think it would have been possible for you to disbelieve after what must have been an astonishing spiritual experience, and therefore isn’t what you are asking sonshouse here just very slightly hypocritical of you, given the close encounter (to use the extraterrestrial phraseology) you personally had?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:02
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    In the account that you freely offered in this forum, of you being visited by angels, you said that they spoke to you and gave you a specific instruction which you followed and then something changed permenantly in your life.

Do you think it would have been possible for you to disbelieve after what must have been an astonishing spiritual experience, ...[text shortened]... of you, given the close encounter (to use the extraterrestrial phraseology) you personally had?
    Ummmm, no.

One cannot remove free will from someone who has already chosen. They've already exercised their free will choice.

And why would angels waste their time appearing to those who do not already believe?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:05
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Didn't you say that you turned to your god figure because he sent angels to you who then spoke to you?
    No. But please, continue to misrepresent me. Why stop now?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:11
    Originally posted by @apathist
    I CHOOSE no hell. Not even just for bad people.

An all-mighty god has to be bigger than that.
    But you DO choose 'Not-God'.

It's a giant vote of 'no-confidence'. Do you really expect to reap any rewards from a God that you deny?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:18
    No. But please, continue to misrepresent me. Why stop now?
    I have tried to represent what you said, and to do so properly ~ as it seemed relevant to what you were saying to sonhouse; why not just set the record straight? It was a question asked in good faith.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:28
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I have tried to represent what you said, and to do so properly ~ as it seemed relevant to what you were saying to sonhouse; why not just set the record straight? It was a question asked in good faith.
    Except that you have the facts of the case inexplicably wrong, detective.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 11:41
    Except that you have the facts of the case inexplicably wrong, detective.
    Why not just set the record straight?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '18 20:35
    And why would angels waste their time appearing to those who do not already believe?
    It’s your story!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree