Why attack the apostle Paul?

Why attack the apostle Paul?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by duecer
his love for Christ [b]is fruit.

Galatians 5:22-23

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.[/b]
Is sin "bad fruit" or "good fruit"?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Define sin

T

Moves
19 Jul 08
2 edits

Originally posted by knightmeister
Define sin
I know how you have trouble remembering the topic of discussion, so here you go:

Paul states the condition of his heart.
Romans 7:15-25
"...but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin...I do not understand...I am doing the very thing I hate...no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me...I know that nothing good dwells in me...the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not....evil is present in me...etc."

Jesus warns against false prophets
Matthew 7:15-20
15 "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will know them by their fruits."

Does Paul produce "good fruit" or "bad fruit"?

Is Paul a true prophet or a false prophet?

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
19 Jul 08

I know how you have trouble remembering the topic of discussion, so here you go:

Paul states the condition of his heart.
Romans 7:15-25
"...but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin...I do not understand...I am doing the very thing I hate...no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me...[b]I know that nothing good dwells in me
.. ...[text shortened]... will know them by their fruits.[/b]"

Does Paul produce "good fruit" or "bad fruit"?[/b]
But in Romans 7 isn't Paul describing his realisation of sin and his conversion process?

Is this another example of taking verses out of context?

In the end Paul produces good fruit.

T

Moves
19 Jul 08

But in Romans 7 isn't Paul describing his realisation of sin and his conversion process?

Is this another example of taking verses out of context?

In the end Paul produces good fruit.
It seemed to me that Romans 7 was brought up to show how you could be a "good Christian" and continue to sin as if saying, "Just look at Paul."

If Paul had ceased to commit sin, you couldn't tell by his summation:
"So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin."

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
19 Jul 08

sin is not a fruit. In Romans 7:15-25, Paul talks about the nature of sin, and where it comes from, he further elucidates in chapter 5 the original source of sin. I think perhaps you misunderstand Paul's meaning, or you deliberately twist the meaning.

T

Moves
19 Jul 08

Originally posted by duecer
sin is not a fruit. In Romans 7:15-25, Paul talks about the nature of sin, and where it comes from, he further elucidates in chapter 5 the original source of sin. I think perhaps you misunderstand Paul's meaning, or you deliberately twist the meaning.
Then what is "bad fruit"?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Jul 08

Your rejection of the teachings of Jesus is indicative of your ingnorance of a true prophet.
On what basis do you reject the apostle Paul?

T

Moves
20 Jul 08

Originally posted by josephw
On what basis do you reject the apostle Paul?
Other than what's already been stated in this thread?

Moves
20 Jul 08

Define sin
Seperation from God.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
22 Jul 08

It seemed to me that Romans 7 was brought up to show how you could be a "good Christian" and continue to sin as if saying, "Just look at Paul."

If Paul had ceased to commit sin, you couldn't tell by his summation:
"So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin."
Let me know when you want to take a complete overview of St Paul's words rather than selectively using them in this way. Do you really think Paul was advocating a " go on lads just keep sinning , it doesn't matter " attitude ? If you think this or think that Paul was soft on sin then you are mistaken. But hey ho , don't let the facts get in the way of your position.