Why become a Jehovah's Witness?

Why become a Jehovah's Witness?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i have nothing to say to you, we claim the right of self determination on the basis of principles that to us are sacrosanct and of which you have little knowledge of and even less respect and for that you call us idiots and are too stupid for you to condescend to continue dialogue with, fine, suits me, you will be doing me a favour, i wouldn't take that kind of insult to my face and i am certainly not taking it from you, cya.
what would you do if i said it to your face?

edit: id like to point out that at no point have i questioned your right to refuse blood. i have not questioned the benefits of blood substitutes. i have only questioned your idiotic suggestion that taking blood is dangerous because of the risk of infection. im happy for you to refuse blood because its against your religious views, but dont try and make up idiotic pseudo-science to try and rationalize your religious beliefs. how a supposedly intelligent human can seriously try and say that blood transfusions cause more problems than they solve is (and im not exaggerating) the most stupid thing i have ever,ever,ever read on here.

(as a side note, my friend who was run over was also in love with a rather beautiful witness that we worked with. its a good job she had knocked him back several times. if they had gotten together, he quite probably would be dead now.)

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Jun 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
okay, ill give him the benefit of the doubt. still an idiot though.
lol

rc

Moves
23 Jun 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
lol
woa siding with the atheists for cheap shots, ouch! its fun to lose and to pretend!

Moves
23 Jun 13

woa siding with the atheists for cheap shots, ouch! its fun to lose and to pretend!
cheap shot? you are trying to argue that something that saves millions of lives each year does more harm than good. there is nothing cheaper than disregarding something that is so beneficial for humanity to promote your own religious beliefs. not only cheap but irresponsible, immoral and idiotic.

rc

Moves
23 Jun 13
3 edits

cheap shot? you are trying to argue that something that saves millions of lives each year does more harm than good. there is nothing cheaper than disregarding something that is so beneficial for humanity to promote your own religious beliefs. not only cheap but irresponsible, immoral and idiotic.
sorry but evidently i am too stupid to continue any kind of dialogue, immoral, a propagandist and inhumane, so have a nice and pleasant day, i will.

Moves
23 Jun 13
1 edit

sorry but evidently i am too stupid to continue any kind of dialogue, immoral, a propagandist and inhumane, so have a nice and pleasant day, i will.
"so have a nice and pleasant day, i will"

why? are you off down the local leukemia unit to tell all the patients that they will all die of blood infections and face the wrath of god? have fun.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Jun 13
1 edit

"so have a nice and pleasant day, i will"

why? are you off down the local leukemia unit to tell all the patients that they will all die of blood infections and face the wrath of god? have fun.
Maybe that could be a new channel of evangelising?! Instead of door to door knocking, picket line trauma centres and A & E departments warning people of the dangers of blood transfusions and the impending wrath of God if they do happen to dabble in a bit of life saving blood.

Moves
23 Jun 13

Whereas you weren't at all desperate for "dear" (your sycophantic nuance) Black Beetle's support the other day were you?

Moves
23 Jun 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Maybe that could be a new channel of evangelising?! Instead of door to door knocking, picket line trauma centres and A & E departments warning people of the dangers of blood transfusions and the impending wrath of God if they do happen to dabble in a bit of life saving blood.
i wonder if he did, if he would use the correct statistics.

'och'aye we are the mcjehova mcwitnesses and we are hear to tell yea'wee poor cancer bairns that you have an almost zero chance of getting blood infection from donated blood.......just to warn you.....ooh and that your survival is an abomination to the mclord'

in an emergency when the doctor doesnt have time to get a blood substitute do they still have to consult a jw parent when the patient is a child. i cant imagine any of the doctors i know would let a child die.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jun 13

i wonder if he did, if he would use the correct statistics.

'och'aye we are the mcjehova mcwitnesses and we are hear to tell yea'wee poor cancer bairns that you have an almost zero chance of getting blood infection from donated blood.......just to warn you.....ooh and that your survival is an abomination to the mclord'

in an emergency when the ...[text shortened]... when the patient is a child. i cant imagine any of the doctors i know would let a child die.
But I understand it is the hospital administrators that are the ones that enforce the rules.

The Instructor