Why become a Jehovah's Witness?

Why become a Jehovah's Witness?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 Jun 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
indeed it is brother, how they fail to discern these things is perhaps an indication of their lack of Biblical knowledge. Its like a constant battle against ignorance, wilful ignorance, pure and simple.
Lol....

Yes it is simply the truth we know. If it is truth then it is pure with no deviation at all. White is white. It it were not white, it is a different color. Same about the truth of a matter in the Bible.

Either God is 1 God or he's not.
The Bible says he is but somehow satan has got so many humans into believeing 1 no longer means 1 but now it means 3.
So that is not truth as you can't play with truth and make it slightly something different.
Same as death. The bible says when your dead you have no thoughts.
But again satan has so many believeing that when you die you are still alive floating in some fuzzy existance either waiting to go to heaven or go to a burning hell suffering for eterinty.
The Bible says you are dead with NO thoughts at all. So how could that possibly mean they do? Crazy huh?

L

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol....

Yes it is simply the truth we know. If it is truth then it is pure with no deviation at all. White is white. It it were not white, it is a different color. Same about the truth of a matter in the Bible.

The Bible says he is but somehow satan has got so many humans into believeing 1 no longer means 1 but ...[text shortened]... says you are dead with NO thoughts at all. So how could that possibly mean they do? Crazy huh?
Yeah, that's just so crazy how different persons can come to different hyper-literal interpretations of some ancient figurative text that has no business being taken literally. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by LemonJello
Yeah, that's just so crazy how different persons can come to different hyper-literal interpretations of some ancient figurative text that has no business being taken literally. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Oh but it is to be taken very seriously. You may not see that now but some day soon you'll see how real it is.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 13

Lol....

The Bible says he is but somehow satan has got so many humans into believeing 1 no longer means 1 but ...[text shortened]... says you are dead with NO thoughts at all. So how could that possibly mean they do? Crazy huh?
I'll have what you're having. ( A la "When Harry Met Sally": "I'll have what she's having." )

No, wait. Not really.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
21 Jun 13

Oh but it is to be taken very seriously. You may not see that now but some day soon you'll see how real it is.
Soon? How 'soon'?

What's the official WTS word on 'end times'? ( No, I don't need a date. (No, a calendar date.) )

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Soon? How 'soon'?

What's the official WTS word on 'end times'? ( No, I don't need a date. (No, a calendar date.) )
Doesn't really matter what we think in your mind does it? We could say the bible is a book but because a JW said it, you'll argue your brains out just in spite wouldn't you? Of course you would as all here blindly would.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jun 13
1 edit

Amazing but true.... and yes we do have better things to do then argue with you. You have no desire to simply communicate and take our answers even if you don't understand. With you it never ends......
Yes a complete waist of time.
If one person can be prevented from joining your pernicious religious group, then calling you out on your doctrines, beliefs and practices is a total success.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jun 13
1 edit

Amazing but true.... and yes we do have better things to do then argue with you. You have no desire to simply communicate and take our answers even if you don't understand. With you it never ends......
Yes a complete waist of time.
Robbie has claimed that every single JW in the world is in perfect harmony of belief, do you agree with him?

rc

Moves
21 Jun 13

Doesn't really matter what we think in your mind does it? We could say the bible is a book but because a JW said it, you'll argue your brains out just in spite wouldn't you? Of course you would as all here blindly would.
she owes us big time for all the free education, one would think she would be more appreciative.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jun 13

if i have a Biblical question i can research it for myself, if i cannot find it or do not get a satisfactory answer i can ask the elders to help me, if they cannot find it or i do not get a satisfactory answer, i can write to the branch office and they will write back.
The question was in relation to JW doctrine, is there a mechanism within the organisation that enables you to question doctrine?

rc

Moves
21 Jun 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
The question was in relation to JW doctrine, is there a mechanism within the organisation that enables you to question doctrine?
our doctrines are Biblically based the answers are found in scripture and I have outlined the procedure, I am not sure what else I can do.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jun 13

our doctrines are Biblically based the answers are found in scripture and I have outlined the procedure, I am not sure what else I can do.
Let's take the recent court case regarding the Watchower's child sexual abuse policy which they lost. If one of your members had concerns about how that was handled or concerns about the policy itself what channels are available for them to voice those concerns?

By contrast for example, if I had concerns about something at my chess club I can speak directly to someone who runs the club, I can voice those same concerns at our yearly AGM, I can also do the same at the yearly Manchester Chess Federation AGM and if I could be bothered I could go to the English Chess Federation AGM seeing as how I'm a member. There are numerous channels for me to air my concerns, what channels exist in your organisation?

rc

Moves
21 Jun 13

Let's take the recent court case regarding the Watchower's child sexual abuse policy which they lost. If one of your members had concerns about how that was handled or concerns about the policy itself what channels are available for them to voice those concerns?

By contrast for example, if I had concerns about something at my chess club I can speak d ...[text shortened]... re are numerous channels for me to air my concerns, what channels exist in your organisation?
oh you mean the testimony which contradicted what her own parents had stated under oath and was merely brought before a court of law at the instigation of her greedy step parents, ok, I understand now.

I have read the court transcripts, I found no evidence of negligence on our part and do not accept the courts ruling and consider it a travesty of justice, never the less I expect that anyone that had concerns could do likewise and could write to the administration of Jehovahs witnesses to raise concerns at any time.

These are however not doctrinal matters and I don't know why you are making reference to them in this context.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
21 Jun 13

oh you mean the testimony which contradicted what her own parents had stated under oath and was merely brought before a court of law at the instigation of her greedy step parents, ok, I understand now.

I have read the court transcripts, I found no evidence of negligence on our part and do not accept the courts ruling and consider it a travesty of ...[text shortened]... er not doctrinal matters and I don't know why you are making reference to them in this context.
I have no interest in discussing that court case, that's been done. I merely used it as an example as it was the first thing that came to my mind.

I gave you an example of the mechanims i can use to question anything in relation to the running of the chess club of which I am a member, do any such mechanisms exist within the JW organisation?

rc

Moves
21 Jun 13
1 edit

I have no interest in discussing that court case, that's been done. I merely used it as an example as it was the first thing that came to my mind.

I gave you an example of the mechanims i can use to question anything in relation to the running of the chess club of which I am a member, do any such mechanisms exist within the JW organisation?
yes i can talk to the elders who are considered representatives of Jehovah witnesses or i can write to the branch department in London, heck, i can even fly to the branch, walk into reception and ask to see someone, or phone them if its that urgent.