1. Joined
    16 May '13
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 11:31
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 12:47
    Because a lot of bad things happen in the world because people believe in these fairy tales so it's only logical that we attempt to show people that they've been brainwashed. If you had an 18-year old child who still believed his stuffed animals were alive, would you not rather he realized that's not actually true?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 12:52
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Because a lot of bad things happen in the world because people believe in these fairy tales so it's only logical that we attempt to show people that they've been brainwashed. If you had an 18-year old child who still believed his stuffed animals were alive, would you not rather he realized that's not actually true?
    you believe in Alexander the Great but not Christ! you are as biased as the meanest medieval monk!
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 12:55
    "Because a lot of bad things happen in the world because people believe in these fairy tales so it's only logical that we attempt to show people that they've been brainwashed."

Do theists have a monopoly on "a lot of bad things happen in the world"?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 12:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you believe in Alexander the Great but not Christ! you are as biased as the meanest medieval monk!
    He is just sore because Jesus had more world wide influence than Alexander even though he never held a political or military position of power. Hell, he did not even write about himself.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 12:57
    Comparing Jesus to stuffed animals again?

Are you that disingenuous or simply that daft?
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 13:00
    Ooh, look at that. Stepped on some toes. Nice.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 13:02
    I have no reason to doubt the existence of AtG. I do have reasons to doubt the existence of supernatural beings.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 13:03
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Because a lot of bad things happen in the world because people believe in these fairy tales so it's only logical that we attempt to show people that they've been brainwashed."

Do theists have a monopoly on "a lot of bad things happen in the world"?
    No, I think we should attempt to get rid of all bad things in the world. Not just religion.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 13:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    He is just sore because Jesus had more world wide influence than Alexander even though he never held a political or military position of power. Hell, he did not even write about himself.
    Uisng this logic Satan also had more influence than AtG. What's your point (silly question, I know)?
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 13:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    Comparing Jesus to stuffed animals again?

Are you that disingenuous or simply that daft?
    Tell me why the comparison is wrong.

Or just do some name calling and walk away. Whatever you please.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 13:14
    I have no reason to doubt the existence of AtG. I do have reasons to doubt the existence of supernatural beings.
    we are talking about Christ the man! Its gonna get roasty toasty for you GKR, roasty toasty indeed!
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 13:241 edit
    Tell me why the comparison is wrong.

Or just do some name calling and walk away. Whatever you please.
    Whether you are daft or disingenuous, trying to explain anything further would be futile.

Again, you need to come to terms that Jesus is the most influential person that has ever lived. Ignoring it and trying to compare him to stuffed animals only makes you look like a bigger fool than you are.
  14. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 13:362 edits
    we are talking about Christ the man! Its gonna get roasty toasty for you GKR, roasty toasty indeed!
    No, we are not talking about Christ, we are talking about GOD. Look at the title of the thread:
    Why do Atheists argue against someone they don't believe exists.(GOD)

The OP is about God, not 'Christ the man'. Many (possibly most) Atheists do accept the possibility (or even likelihood) that 'Christ the man' existed. What they universally do not believe is that God exists (or that Christ was his son).

It's not toasty at all, it's pleasantly cool.

Penguin.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 13:56
    Oooooooooh, right. 'Cause I thought we were talking about Christ the Dandelion!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree