1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 12:17
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Why Do Atheists Like to Write on Christian Forum Topics?" (OP)

"I don't know about you, but every time I go on a hub forum to discuss a Christian theological issue, mean-spirited Atheists fill the air waves or thread waves. Why is this the case? They don't believe in God. They could care less about God. So why care about my forum topic? It should be irrelevant to them.

Before I go any further, I would like to say that there are civil Atheists out there who have engaged me in some very healthy debate. I raise a toast to you. I appreciate your honesty and kindness. Thank you.
    The majority of them on the forums, however, are meaner than a Hawaiian mongoose cornered in a lava tube with fangs flared out in fiery rage. That's pretty hot. Maybe many could say the same about some Christians? I wouldn't doubt it. We all belong to the same species called the human race. We all have a dark side. We all sin.

Please understand, I am not asking Atheists to stop writing on Christian forum topics, but instead explain why they want to write on a topic that is so irrelevant to them. In previous forum discussions many of them (Atheists) said Atheism is not a step of faith but a non-isssue that requires no thought whatsoever. Not believing in God was as irrelevant as not believing in pink unicorns.

Yet, the vitriol and anger directed toward me and other Christians proves that it is not an irrelevant topic. Anger shows that it does have great import, that it does strike some emotional chord, that it does have meaning. Is it anger against God? is it anger against hypocrisy in the church? Is it anger at being told there is right and wrong? Or is it just fun to trash people?

Whatever the case, we argue over a step of faith. They have taken a leap of faith to believe there is no God. I have taken a leap of faith to believe there is a God. They have their evidence. I have mine. I personally do not have enough faith to be an Atheist. The argument from design, first causes, morality, and creation are too strong for me. Also, promises in the Bible have proven true 100 percent of the time for me. My life has changed for the good. There is nothing like personal experience. Maybe they can say the same for their unbelief in God. That's fine.

However, to be angry at Christians for being hypocrites and thus not believe in God is down right foolish. Every person on the planet has the propensity to sin and to sin boldly, even so-called Christians. It's like saying to another human being, "Hey, you're human!" We are just stating the obvious. Could it be that God gave us free choice in the matter and many chose to sin? It's no one's fault but our own. Why does God get the blame for our stupidity? That just doesn't make sense.

I personally believe there are decent people in every religion or belief system. It just strikes me as odd for Atheists to write on Christian hub topics with such vehemence when they believe the topic of God is irrelevant. I guess it's better than no one writing on your topic. However, I could do without the character assassination from both parties. This is just my opinion."

http://theminstrel.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Do-Atheists-Like-to-Write-on-Christian-Forums

Comment: An atheist who became a Christian concluding: "I personally do not have enough faith to be an Atheist". I'm impressed with his thoughtful perspective and calm demeanor, hunger for truth and reasoned appeal for civility. Yours?
  2. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 12:222 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Say, CalJust, I have a question: are you an atheist of some kind?
    Rightly called, GKR. I am not an atheist.

(Although I think that ) RJH would like me to be one, since I am also an evolutionist.

However, the God I believe in is not the little god espoused by the local club of American Christians, but one big enough for all of us.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 12:39
    Thanks.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 12:46
    [b]"Why Do Atheists Like to Write on Christian Forum Topics?"
    (OP)

"I don't know about you, but every time I go on a hub forum to discuss a Christian theological issue, mean-spirited Atheists fill the air waves or thread waves. Why is this the case? [i]They don't believe in God. They could care less about ...[text shortened]... ughtful perspective and calm demeanor, hunger for truth and reasoned appeal for civility. Yours?[/b]
    An atheist who became a Christian concluding: "I personally do not have enough faith to be an Atheist". I'm impressed with his thoughtful perspective and calm demeanor, hunger for truth and reasoned appeal for civility. Yours?

You don't need any faith to be an atheist. I'm an atheist. It doesn't mean I believe there ISN'T a god, it means I don't believe there IS one. You appear to struggle with this concept.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 15:09
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    An atheist who became a Christian concluding: "I personally do not have enough faith to be an Atheist". I'm impressed with his thoughtful perspective and calm demeanor, hunger for truth and reasoned appeal for civility. Yours?

You don't need any faith to be an atheist. I'm an atheist. It doesn't mean I believe there ISN'T a god, it means I don't believe there IS one. You appear to struggle with this concept.
    On what means of human perception or source of authority do you base, "it means I don't believe there IS one."?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 15:44
    Originally posted by CalJust

(Although I think that ) RJH would like me to be one, since I am also an evolutionist.

However, the God I believe in is not the little god espoused by the local club of American Christians, but one big enough for all of us.
    Right-o. I keep asking RJH why does he insist on making God fit only the little tiny box in his mind that is God. My God is way bigger than that.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 15:45
    On what means of human perception or source of authority do you base, "it means I don't believe there IS one."?
    Head, meet Brick wall. Enjoy.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 19:41
    Originally posted by CalJust

Original post by CalJust, 20 Jan '12 02:13 "Question to RJHINDS" Thread 144690 (Page one)

I have a dilemma - on the one hand I am committed to love and support any brother in Christ, but on the other hand, we are explicitly warned against imposters. (I'm sure you know the verses.)

For this reason Jesus urges us to judge others by their fruits. (Mt 7, 20)

It has been stated that you may be an atheist trolling as Christian in order to bring Christianity into disrepute.

Admittedly, RHP is a very small window to judge your fruit - we cannot see you at home, at work or in your society. However, it is the only window that we have.

Could you therefore please answer this simple question:

Which of the Fruits of the Spirit from Gal 5 do you feel that you are exhibiting on RHP?

Love
    Joy
    Peace
    Patience
    Kindness
    Goodness
    Faithfulness
    Gentleness
    Self-control

In peace,

CJ

CJ, thanks to the content and tone of this January 2013 thread, I now have no question whatever that you've placed your faith in Christ at an earlier time in your life and that you've been accurately taught some bible doctrine along the way.
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 23:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 23:50

11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 23:51

12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 23:51

13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 23:52
    That's just asinine. If you don't want to discuss the subject just don't reply. Bullcrap questions like this don't make you look wise you know.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 00:21
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    That's just asinine. If you don't want to discuss the subject just don't reply. Bullcrap questions like this don't make you look wise you know.
    "You don't need any faith to be an atheist. I'm an atheist. It doesn't mean I believe there ISN'T a god, it means I don't believe there IS one. You appear to struggle with this concept." -avalanchethecat

Did you learn this "concept" from someone I could contact online to learn more about this belief you hold to be true?
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 14:19
    "You don't need any faith to be an atheist. I'm an atheist. It doesn't mean I believe there ISN'T a god, it means I don't believe there IS one. You appear to struggle with this concept." -avalanchethecat

Did you learn this "concept" from someone I could contact online to learn more about this belief you hold to be true?
    This 'concept' is a simple definition of the word. Think of it like this; when you have an illness, it is usually diagnosed by the symptoms. Sometimes, however, you may be asymptomatic. This means you don't have any symptoms. In itself, it is not a symptom. Think about it for a while. Being 'atheistic' doesn't imply a belief in no god (although some atheists indeed believe there is no god). It simply implies an ABSENCE of belief IN a god.

It really isn't a difficult a concept to grasp. I know you really, really want to respond with another wooly implication that this is a belief, but it really isn't, so please don't. Just accept it. You don't have to choose between (a) I believe there is a god, or (b) I believe there isn't a god. It's perfectly alright to opt for (c) maybe there is I don't know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree