"Why Do Atheists Like to Write on..."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
17 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
This 'concept' is a simple definition of the word. Think of it like this; when you have an illness, it is usually diagnosed by the symptoms. Sometimes, however, you may be asymptomatic. This means you don't have any symptoms. [b]In itself, it is not a symptom. Think about it for a while. Being 'atheistic' doesn't imply a belief in no god ( ...[text shortened]... I believe there isn't a god. It's perfectly alright to opt for (c) maybe there is I don't know.[/b]
"It's perfectly alright to opt for (c) maybe there is I don't know." Now we're on the same wave length... same one Christ's Disciple Thomas was on, even got himself nicknamed: "Doubting Thomas". Hope your curiosity continues as his did. Thanks.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"Why Do Atheists Like to Write on Christian Forum Topics?"

"I don't know about you, but every time I go on a hub forum to discuss a Christian theological issue, mean-spirited Atheists fill the air waves or thread waves. Why is this the case? [i]They don't believe in God. They could care less about God. So why care about my forum topic? It shou ...[text shortened]... ughtful perspective and calm demeanor, hunger for truth and reasoned appeal for civility. Yours?[/b]
"I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Athiest" - Do you mean the book by Frank Turek and Norm Geisler ?

I think people are turned off by the Great Commission which Jesus told His disciples. You know He said to go into all the world and make disciples of all nations.

Some people do not like to hear the message of the Gospel as if they are not already perfect.

Think on our own experience. I recall back to the mid 1960s. I was sitting on a park bench in Princeton New Jersey. A young man came to me, knelt before me and desired to talk with me.

He said he believed that he had found something which explained about what life was about. I didn't know what he was going to say. Then he said -

"I believe that I have found it in Jesus Christ."

Now immediately my thought was "How can I be polite and kind of listen to this guy without letting him know that I am not in the least bit interested in what he wants to tell me ? "

I was not offended. I was not mad. That attitude came latter. But I was incredibly apathetic.

Fortunately ( I mean fortunate for the state I was then in) the fellow beside me jumped into the conversation and completely diverted this friendly young Christian to argue with him instead of talk to me. I heard them going on and on, and honestly, it all simply evaporated to my awareness. And I was glad that the guy next to me got that evangelist out of my face.

I had other experiences too. But I think some people resent the idea that "You bring good news to ME about being SAVED or needing God? What is it? You think You're BETTER than Me ??"

If I ever, ever see that young man again, I will THANK him for coming up to me, a total stranger and telling me about the love of Jesus. Someday I will meet that stranger again.

Grampy, the book "I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Athiest" was a good read and filled with content.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
[b]"I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Athiest" - Do you mean the book by Frank Turek and Norm Geisler ?

I think people are turned off by the Great Commission which Jesus told His disciples. You know He said to go into all the world and make disciples of all nations.

Some people do not like to hear the message of the Gospel as if they are not a ...[text shortened]... ok "I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Athiest" was a good read and filled with content.[/b]
Originally posted by sonship
"I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Athiest" - Do you mean the book by Frank Turek and Norm Geisler ?

Unsure of the identity of the book's author(s). Thank you for such an interesting summary. Any relevant quotes?

"Whatever the case, we argue over a step of faith. They have taken a leap of faith to believe there is no God. I have taken a leap of faith to believe there is a God. They have their evidence. I have mine. I personally do not have enough faith to be an Atheist." http://theminstrel.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Do-Atheists-Like-to-Write-on-Christian-Forums