1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 08:16
    "Why Do Atheists Like to Write on Christian Forum Topics?"

"I don't know about you, but every time I go on a hub forum to discuss a Christian theological issue, mean-spirited Atheists fill the air waves or thread waves. Why is this the case? They don't believe in God. They could care less about God. So why care about my forum topic? It should be irrelevant to them.

Before I go any further, I would like to say that there are civil Atheists out there who have engaged me in some very healthy debate. I raise a toast to you. I appreciate your honesty and kindness. Thank you.
    The majority of them on the forums, however, are meaner than a Hawaiian mongoose cornered in a lava tube with fangs flared out in fiery rage. That's pretty hot. Maybe many could say the same about some Christians? I wouldn't doubt it. We all belong to the same species called the human race. We all have a dark side. We all sin.

Please understand, I am not asking Atheists to stop writing on Christian forum topics, but instead explain why they want to write on a topic that is so irrelevant to them. In previous forum discussions many of them (Atheists) said Atheism is not a step of faith but a non-isssue that requires no thought whatsoever. Not believing in God was as irrelevant as not believing in pink unicorns.

Yet, the vitriol and anger directed toward me and other Christians proves that it is not an irrelevant topic. Anger shows that it does have great import, that it does strike some emotional chord, that it does have meaning. Is it anger against God? is it anger against hypocrisy in the church? Is it anger at being told there is right and wrong? Or is it just fun to trash people?

Whatever the case, we argue over a step of faith. They have taken a leap of faith to believe there is no God. I have taken a leap of faith to believe there is a God. They have their evidence. I have mine. I personally do not have enough faith to be an Atheist. The argument from design, first causes, morality, and creation are too strong for me. Also, promises in the Bible have proven true 100 percent of the time for me. My life has changed for the good. There is nothing like personal experience. Maybe they can say the same for their unbelief in God. That's fine.

However, to be angry at Christians for being hypocrites and thus not believe in God is down right foolish. Every person on the planet has the propensity to sin and to sin boldly, even so-called Christians. It's like saying to another human being, "Hey, you're human!" We are just stating the obvious. Could it be that God gave us free choice in the matter and many chose to sin? It's no one's fault but our own. Why does God get the blame for our stupidity? That just doesn't make sense.

I personally believe there are decent people in every religion or belief system. It just strikes me as odd for Atheists to write on Christian hub topics with such vehemence when they believe the topic of God is irrelevant. I guess it's better than no one writing on your topic. However, I could do without the character assassination from both parties. This is just my opinion."

http://theminstrel.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Do-Atheists-Like-to-Write-on-Christian-Forums

Comment: An atheist who became a Christian concluding: "I personally do not have enough faith to be an Atheist". I'm impressed with his thoughtful perspective and calm demeanor, hunger for truth and reasoned appeal for civility. Yours?
  2. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 09:00
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Why Do Atheists Like to Write on Christian Forum Topics?"

"I don't know about you, but every time I go on a hub forum to discuss a Christian theological issue, mean-spirited Atheists fill the air waves or thread waves. Why is this the case? [i]They don't believe in God. They could care less about God. So why care about my forum topic? It shou ...[text shortened]... ughtful perspective and calm demeanor, hunger for truth and reasoned appeal for civility. Yours?[/b]
    Another long cut&paste - ah well....

Let me suggest one possible reason: because the Christians on RHP are, generally speaking, such an easy target.

Firstly, because (again, generally speaking) Christianity is being equated as believing the world is 6000 years old. The ringmaster of this circus seems to be RJH, who constantly talks of Evilutionists, and claims that no Christian can support evolution. So if an atheist can disprove YEC claims (which primary school students can do) they have then demolished Christianity.

Secondly, most Christians on RHP have shown themselves to be incapable of rational thought. The moment any idea is proposed which challenges a cherished belief, they retreat to dogmatic verbosity, and when pushed into a corner by inescapable conclusions, they disappear and start a new thread!

So, I would suggest, it is fun for atheists to challenge Christians on some of their foolish beliefs, watch them squirm and then go in for the kill.

😠
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 09:351 edit
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Another long cut&paste - ah well....

Let me suggest one possible reason: because the Christians on RHP are, generally speaking, such an easy target.

Firstly, because (again, generally speaking) Christianity is being equated as believing the world is 6000 years old. The ringmaster of this circus seems to be RJH, who constantly talks of Evilutionists, an ...[text shortened]... hristians on some of their foolish beliefs, watch them squirm and then go in for the kill.

😠
    Think of this OP Format as a window on the world of thought beyond the RHP Spirituality Forum, a hedge against the risk of perpetual exposure to know brands of opinion and incestuous replication of topics. The propensity for broad generalizations is remarkable in that the possibility of legitimate exceptions appears to be ignored. Thanks for christening the thread.
  4. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 10:25
    Oh look, another anti-atheist thread by GB, what a surprise.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 10:30
    It just strikes me as odd for Atheists to write on Christian hub topics with such vehemence when they believe the topic of God is irrelevant.

But we don't believe the topic of God is irrelevant.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 11:26
    Atheism is likely described as a spectrum, in that there will be atheists who are anti anything to do with god and atheists who are perhaps more agnostic. Either way they have an interest in the various topics in this forum.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 11:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Atheism is likely described as a spectrum, in that there will be atheists who are anti anything to do with god and atheists who are perhaps more agnostic. Either way they have an interest in the various topics in this forum.
    That many of us have an interest in the topics of this forum is well known to all regular posters (GB included) and some of the various the reasons why have been given many times - including directly to GB.
    The more interesting question is why GB continues to feign ignorance. Is it as avalanchethecat suggests simply anti-atheist? There is no doubt that he is alienating himself to atheists more and more with every thread he starts, so is he perhaps actually addressing theists and hoping to discourage them from talking to atheists? Or does he have some other devilishly complex scheme in mind?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 12:56
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Oh look, another anti-atheist thread by GB, what a surprise.
    Focus is on your perspective not mine.... do you think God is relevant?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 12:57
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    [b]It just strikes me as odd for Atheists to write on Christian hub topics with such vehemence when they believe the topic of God is irrelevant.

But we don't believe the topic of God is irrelevant.[/b]
    Thanks, GKR.... you're an honest man.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 13:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Agree. In your judgment, do these "various topics" include learning about the person and work of Christ?
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 13:12
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That many of us have an interest in the topics of this forum is well known to all regular posters (GB included) and some of the various the reasons why have been given many times - including directly to GB.
    The more interesting question is why GB continues to feign ignorance. Is it as avalanchethecat suggests simply anti-atheist? There is no doubt that ...[text shortened]... age them from talking to atheists? Or does he have some other devilishly complex scheme in mind?
    One interest: to peel away more layers of the atheism onion to identify the essence of the mindset of those who are still in a state of denial and rejection of the existence of God; one motivation: the eternal destiny of your soul, twhitehead.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 13:34
    One interest: to peel away more layers of the atheism onion to identify the essence of the mindset of those who are still in a state of denial and rejection of the existence of God; one motivation: the eternal destiny of your soul, twhitehead.
    Come on now, thats an outright lie. You clearly have no real interest in understanding us atheists or our mindsets (this very post I am quoting demonstrates this).
    Also, how do you hope to change the eternal destiny of my soul if you spend so much time trying to alienate me and convince me that you are a total nutcase?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 15:27
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    [b]It just strikes me as odd for Atheists to write on Christian hub topics with such vehemence when they believe the topic of God is irrelevant.

But we don't believe the topic of God is irrelevant.[/b]
    Go on...
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 15:55
    Agree. In your judgment, do these "various topics" include learning about the person and work of Christ?
    In general I would say not, however there are some here who seem to have taken an interest in the past and therefore have valid comment.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '14 15:581 edit
    I'm not sure why atheism is of curiosity to some theists because from a theistic perspective, it is the default position of mankind. It is from the atheists viewpoint that atheism is the parsimonious and indeed only position to hold. To the atheist it is the theist's viewpoint which appears complex and tenuous.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree