4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 10:34
    Originally posted by tim88
    yes?

like women giving milk when pregnant
    um, sorry...
    What's like women giving milk when pregnant?

Try typing more words so people don't have to try to guess what the hell you are talking about.

We evidently have almost no common references or context so you need to explain what you
    mean and not just assume that everyone knows what you are talking about,
  5. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 10:39
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    um, sorry...
    What's like women giving milk when pregnant?

Try typing more words so people don't have to try to guess what the hell you are talking about.

We evidently have almost no common references or context so you need to explain what you
    mean and not just assume that everyone knows what you are talking about,
    i'll try but this is what i believe? But at the some time everyone's welcome
  6. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 10:57
    why is the earth perfect? compared to the outer planets it's perfect
  7. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:14
    what was the first thing to ever exist? was it a hydrogen atom? was it an oxygen atom?
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:21
    Ok your posts so far have read like this...

my eye sight? i can see perfectly did the big bang do this

just one thing? more to come!?

The second sentence in this "i can see perfectly did the big bang do this just one thing?"
    is confused. And looks like it aught to be several sentences or at least have more punctuation in it.

What I am assuming it means is that you think you can see perfectly (which is nonsense, as human
    vision is way way off being 'perfect' by any sensible measure. There are all kinds of different animals
    who can see much more clearly than we can and they don't have 'perfect vision' either.)
    and you
    wonder if it's possible for the 'big bang' to cause you to see 'perfectly'? and because you can't think of
    an explanation, therefore god.
    (formal logical fallacy, argument from ignorance)

My response to this was to post a link to the wiki on the evolution of the eye which explains exactly how
    the eye and your 'perfect' vision (and btw, what of all the people who don't have 'perfect' vision?)
    came to exist without any supernatural guidance.

To which you responded with this...

yes?

like women giving milk when pregnant

What??? The yes ? means what?

Is "women giving milk when pregnant" one of your reasons for belief in god?
    If so why?

If I said I don't believe in god because of waffles you would expect me to explain how I come to the conclusion
    that 'waffles' were evidence against the existence of god.

Why do you think (if that is what you think) that women breast feeding is evidence of god?

And then you come up with this...

Is it what you believe? Are you stating that this is what you believe, or are you asking me if this is what you believe?

I don't want to come across as any kind of grammar Nazi because I really don't give a damn if you or anyone else
    follows the 'rules' of grammar. I don't and I couldn't tell you what a split infinitive was if my life depended on it.

But what you are conveying here is almost devoid of meaning because you haven't made it clear what you are trying
    to say.

The more different ways your words can be interpreted the less meaning they carry.

Could you try to explain precisely what it is you mean and why?

I think you are relying on us thinking like you are and having the same context and we just don't.
    We live in different countries, believe different things, know different people, and live different lives.
    To communicate with people on the internets who don't have a common shared perspective you need to explain things
    that you wouldn't among a group of your friends, family, and colleges in the real world.

I see absolutely no reason for thinking that eyesight or breastfeeding is evidence of god or the supernatural and if you do then
    you need to say WHY you think those things are evidence of god and the supernatural?
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:29

what was the first thing to ever exist? was it a hydrogen atom? was it an oxygen atom?

The earth is perfectly what? By what standard are you measuring earth against to claim it's perfect?
    Earthiness?

You claim that you are telling us why you believe in god but these are just questions.
    Do you really mean to tell me that you believe in god because "what was the first thing to ever exist?"

That doesn't even make sense.

It's like saying you believe in god because "why are bananas yellow?"

None of these seem to be any sort of reasons for believing in god.

They are questions.

You presumably think you have some answers to those questions and that those answers lead you to
    believe in god. But unless you say what you think those answers are and why you think they lead to god
    then you are not telling us anything about why you believe in god.

You are just generally asking questions. Which is fine but it doesn't tell us why you believe in god.
  10. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:33
    no this is all just what i believe or think!
  11. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:421 edit
    But that's just it, it isn't what you believe.

You are asking questions, not telling us what you believe or why.

"what was the first thing to ever exist? was it a hydrogen atom? was it an oxygen atom?"

These are questions, not beliefs.

And they certainly do nothing to answer the question why you believe in god.

If someone came up to you one the street and asked you "why do you believe in god" you are seriously telling
    me you would say "what was the first thing to ever exist?"

And do you think that this person would think that that was any kind of answer?
  12. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 11:56
    You are asking questions, not telling us what you believe or why

Well sort of….I guess? but i'm not asking questions? this is just what i think? in my heart and mind -is thre a god or not? this is just things i think - in my mind! - im mad huh!
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 16:31
    Tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, flooding, fires, deserts, ice caps, etc.

How exactly is the earth perfect?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 17:16
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, flooding, fires, deserts, ice caps, etc.

How exactly is the earth perfect?
    And perfect for whom?
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    12 Apr '12 17:17
    in your first post, you postulated your "perfect eyesight," presumably as the reason (or a reason) that you believe in god.

as logically unsound as that is as justification for belief in a fairytale, what if you were born blind?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree