1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 00:431 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    in your first post, you postulated your "perfect eyesight," presumably as the reason (or a reason) that you believe in god.

as logically unsound as that is as justification for belief in a fairytale, what if you were born blind?
    God did not cause anyone to be born blind, nor is He the cause of me having
    myopia.
    http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/tc/nearsightedness-myopia-cause
    God created the first man, male and female, and the reproduction process.
    All our problems have come about through sin (disobeying God).

God has made no claim to have created man perfect, as far as I know. God
    only said His creation was good for his purpose. As tim88 was trying to point
    out the earth is the only planet known to man to be suitable for man to live on
    naturally, so it seems perfect in that respect. But the Holy Bible says heavens
    and the Earth will pass away and He will make new heavens and a new Earth.
    Perhaps God will make the new heavens and the new Earth perfect for us Christians.
    He has already made a perfect place for you atheists, IMO.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

😏😏😏
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 18:17
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    myopia.

God has made no claim to have created man perfect, as far as I ...[text shortened]... ady made a perfect place for you atheists, IMO.

😏😏😏
    your post is inundated with fallacies, but i will not address them since your post does not address my objection.

in the original post, a claim was made by tim that he believes in god because of his perfect eyesight. so the logical followup to that is; if he was born blind, he would not believe in god.

in conclusion, his faith is really worthless, completely dependent on his having the luck to be born with perfect eyesight, a gift of millions of years of natural selection.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 18:30
    your post is inundated with fallacies, but i will not address them since your post does not address my objection.

in the original post, a claim was made by tim that he believes in god because of his perfect eyesight. so the logical followup to that is; if he was born blind, he would not believe in god.

in conclusion, his faith is really worthless, ...[text shortened]... ing the luck to be born with perfect eyesight, a gift of millions of years of natural selection.
    You apparently do not "see" that your objection is also based on a fallacy. 😏
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 20:48
    myopia.

God has made no claim to have created man perfect, as far as I kno ...[text shortened]... ady made a perfect place for you atheists, IMO.

😏😏😏
    how have our sins manifested themselves as physical defects?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 22:071 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    how have our sins manifested themselves as physical defects?
    When healing people, Christ sometimes said, "Your sins are forgiven." Exactly
    how sin produce physical defects, I do not know. In one case Christ told others
    that asked whether it was the man's sin or his parents sin that caused the man
    to be born blind, and Christ replied that it was neither, but that the man was
    born blind to show the power of God. What exactly He meant, He did not explain,
    however, the man was healed of his blindness.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 02:56
    You apparently do not "see" that your objection is also based on a fallacy. 🙄
    utter nonsense. my argument is reasonably sound and neither of you have been able to address it.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 03:371 edit
    Originally posted by tim88
    You are asking questions, not telling us what you believe or why

Well sort of….I guess? but i'm not asking questions? this is just what i think? in my heart and mind -is thre a god or not? this is just things i think - in my mind! - im mad huh!
    Not mad, just incoherent.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 04:071 edit
    myopia.

God has made no claim to have created man perfect, as far as I kno ...[text shortened]... ady made a perfect place for you atheists, IMO.

😏😏😏
    I hate to break it to you but there are planets out there just as much of a jewel as Earth, one has been found in the goldilocks zone already, that is to say, a planet where there will be liquid water if there is water. There are billions of stars in this galaxy alone and billions of galaxies.

It would be the height of folly to suggest this is the only earthlike planet in the universe. It might be a million light years from earth but they surely exist. And in the larger scheme of things, if it were a million ly away, that would be close on the universe scale, where it is something on the order of 50,000 times bigger than a mere million light years.
  9. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 05:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I hate to break it to you but there are planets out there just as much of a jewel as Earth, one has been found in the goldilocks zone already, that is to say, a planet where there will be liquid water if there is water. There are billions of stars in this galaxy alone and billions of galaxies.

It would be the height of folly to suggest this is the only ...[text shortened]... cale, where it is something on the order of 50,000 times bigger than a mere million light years.
    this clown thing the universe is a few thousand years old, speaking in terms of millions of light years are incomprehensible to him.
  10. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 05:53

It would be the height of folly to suggest this is the only ...[text shortened]... cale, where it is something on the order of 50,000 times bigger than a mere million light years.
    How all this disproves the existence of God ?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 06:31

God is awesome isn't He? HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! 😏
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 06:37
    this clown thing the universe is a few thousand years old, speaking in terms of millions of light years are incomprehensible to him.
    Well, you think "perfect eyesight, a gift of millions of years of natural selection."

And still believe there is no God. 😏
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 12:10
    Well, you think "perfect eyesight, a gift of millions of years of natural selection."

And still believe there is no God. 😏
    No, he thinks that we have rather imperfect eyesight after millions of years of evolution.

Can you make a post without misrepresenting the other side?
  14. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 13:27
    1) We do not have "perfect eyesight".
    2) Even if we did, does this not just underline the extraordinary arrogance and poor thinking of theists: something is perfect, therefore God must have created it! Er, hello, the circle is perfect. Did your God create that? The cadence V - I in music is perfect, did God create that?
  15. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    15 Apr '12 14:36
    God created the universe from nothing - in science everything must have a beginning, Scientist know that the universe was not alway there! So if the universe was created eight billion years ago? what was the first molecule that started it all? god was always there! how that is possible is beyond human understanding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree