1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 17:55
    I hear people called soulless and such, really bad guys who we now call sociopaths and such but is there any objective evidence of humans having this 'soul' thing? And further, why do humans insist only humans have souls, well, Abrahamic religions insist that, animals don't have souls, yet we see highly intelligent actions done by supposedly dumb animals.

I think if humans have souls, then animals do also, of course that is sacrilegious to some but that doesn't bother me at all.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 18:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I hear people called soulless and such, really bad guys who we now call sociopaths and such but is there any objective evidence of humans having this 'soul' thing? And further, why do humans insist only humans have souls, well, Abrahamic religions insist that, animals don't have souls, yet we see highly intelligent actions done by supposedly dumb animals.
    ...[text shortened]... then animals do also, of course that is sacrilegious to some but that doesn't bother me at all.
    I agree. Animals also have soul or "breath life".

Gen 1:20-23

20 Then God said, "Let the waters abound with an abundance of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the face of the firmament of the heavens." 21 So God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves, with which the waters abounded, according to their kind, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth."
    NKJV

The word used above for "creature" is the same word used for soul..nephesh

OT:5315 <START HEBREW>vp#n#
    <END HEBREW> nephesh (neh'-fesh); from OT:5314; properly, a breathing creature, i.e. animal of (abstractly) vitality; used very widely in a literal, accommodated or figurative sense (bodily or mental):

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 21:12
    .Originally posted by sonhouse
    I hear people called soulless and such, really bad guys who we now call sociopaths and such but is there any objective evidence of humans having this 'soul' thing? And further, why do humans insist only humans have souls, well, Abrahamic religions insist that, animals don't have souls, yet we see highly intelligent actions done by supposedly dumb animals. ...[text shortened]... then animals do also, of course that is sacrilegious to some but that doesn't bother me at all.
    Of course animals have the soul within.

If a person suddenly becomes soulless his material body will fall to the ground dead.

There can be no consciousness without the soul.

Everything that lives has the soul within.

The soul is the living being or living entity.

The soul is eternal and is of spiritual qualities.

The atheist thinks that life is a combination of chemicals but a million scientists coming together with a trillion dollars cannot even make a little ant that lives and has consciousness.

Therefore the atheist believes without proof that life is chemicals.

But the atheist cannot tell me what chemicals come together to make consciousness and therefore he is dishonest to reject the soul.

Plants also have consciousness.

For perfect knowledge about the soul and spirituality and religion one must go to the Vedas.

False religion will only sidetrack you with nonsense.

Be careful because many persons who are speculators will have web-sites about the Vedas and they will mislead people with falsity.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 21:52
    Originally posted by Dasa

If a person suddenly becomes soulless his material body will fall to the ground dead.

The atheist thinks that life i ...[text shortened]... o are speculators will have web-sites about the Vedas and they will mislead people with falsity.
    I never heard of a vedas, and nowhere does the bible say plants have consciousnesses..
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 22:10

The atheist thinks that life i ...[text shortened]... o are speculators will have web-sites about the Vedas and they will mislead people with falsity.
    When have a million scientists with a trillion dollars tried to make an ant?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 00:09
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    When have a million scientists with a trillion dollars tried to make an ant?
    He is not meaning that they have come together, but if they did come together with a trillion dollars, they could not make a living ant?
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 00:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    He is not meaning that they have come together, but if they did come together with a trillion dollars, they could not make a living ant?
    More logical would be to try to assemble a single celled organism. Which also has not yet been achieved. Point is that there's no a priori reason it shouldn't be possible to create at least RNA life from scratch.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 01:54
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I never heard of a vedas, and nowhere does the bible say plants have consciousnesses..
    The Bible is a book supporting the 6000 year creation story.

That is absolutely absurd ...........so it is no wonder that the Bible does not mention that plants and animals have consciousness,

The Bible does not mention many things and thus it does not have perfect knowledge because it was written 400 years after the death of Jesus by dishonest speculators who were also meat eaters and intoxicators and womanizers.[ they were unqualified ]

The Bible and the Quran and the Torah are all meat eating pseudo religions disseminating falsity.

However the Vedas have perfect knowledge about spirituality which can be found in the 18 volume Srimad Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad Gita As It Is .........by His Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.

These eternal literatures are translated from Sanskrit into English.

Sanskrit is the world's oldest language on earth and it is a perfect spiritual language.

Spirituality cannot be explained properly without the existence of Sanskrit, and thus the spirituality and knowledge expressed in the Vedas is the only place to find perfect knowledge on this earth and in all the universes.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 01:58
    The Bible is a book supporting the 6000 year creation story.

That is absolutely absurd ...........so it is no wonder that the Bible does not mention that plants and animals have consciousness,

The Bible does not mention many things and thus it does not have perfect knowledge because it was written 400 years after the death of Jesus by dishonest speculator ...[text shortened]... in the Vedas is the only place to find perfect knowledge on this earth and in all the universes.
    Good luck with that, I can see it has done wonders for you....
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 02:00
    LOOK they simply cannot do it [create consciousness ]..........and they will never do it because life is spiritual and not material.

Did you know there are hundreds of thousands of sciencey persons who have PHd. and they don't even know what life is.

Thats disgustingly dishonest.
  11. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 02:21
    Just for the record, Dasa, it would be good for you to give a clean yes/no answer to the question of whether the following things have a soul.

i) bacterium
    ii) virus
    iii) viroid
    iv) prion
    v) protein molecule
    vi) a long strand of nucleic acid

If it is not getting too personal for you, let us know what science classes you have taken.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 02:47
    ...[text shortened]... then animals do also, of course that is sacrilegious to some but that doesn't bother me at all.
    That belief comes mainly from what people have been taught and what they learn from reading religious books like the Holy Bible.

Why do you believe you do not have a soul? Could it be because you have been taught to believe in evolution over billions of years?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 03:09
    That belief comes mainly from what people have been taught and what they learn from reading religious books like the Holy Bible.

Why do you believe you do not have a soul? Could it be because you have been taught to believe in evolution over billions of years?
    Maybe, maybe not. I just don't see the need for humans to have souls.

I think it is all just crap made up by people intent on controlling other people through whatever means they see fit, like instilling fear into folks through religious nonsense like original sin or world wide floods or all the other clap trap of your bible.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 11:26
    Maybe, maybe not. I just don't see the need for humans to have souls.

I think it is all just crap made up by people intent on controlling other people through whatever means they see fit, like instilling fear into folks through religious nonsense like original sin or world wide floods or all the other clap trap of your bible.
    Yeah, we know. You said that about a dozen times already.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jul '14 11:53
    Yeah, we know. You said that about a dozen times already.
    It's still true, whether or not you believe it, that is irrelevant. You are irrelevant, living your life in the tenth century.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree