Why do people think they have a soul?

Why do people think they have a soul?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Jul 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Nope.
Well at least you admit to trolling. All I am doing is trying to counter your absolute BULLSHYTE.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Jul 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well at least you admit to trolling. All I am doing is trying to counter your absolute BULLSHYTE.
What absolute BULLSHYTE?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
29 Jul 14

What absolute BULLSHYTE?
Like the Earth being 6000 years old, like the bullshyte idea water cooled off the moon, like the bullshyte idea of a world wide flood, like the bullshyte idea the shroud was used on JC. That kind of BULLSHTYE.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jul 14

Like the Earth being 6000 years old, like the bullshyte idea water cooled off the moon, like the bullshyte idea of a world wide flood, like the bullshyte idea the shroud was used on JC. That kind of BULLSHTYE.
That's all truth. If you can't take the truth, then that's your problem.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 14

That's all truth. If you can't take the truth, then that's your problem.
So did water cool down the other moons in the solar system that also are covered in craters, or the planet mercury, do you think water could have cooled it down? You need to think these things through a bit deeper before you go out on a limb like you have.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Jul 14
1 edit

So did water cool down the other moons in the solar system that also are covered in craters, or the planet mercury, do you think water could have cooled it down? You need to think these things through a bit deeper before you go out on a limb like you have.
I don't know much about those other moons and planets. But I heard that some of them are spinning backwards. Can you account for that? Think it through first.

Tum podem

Sewers of Holland

Moves
30 Jul 14

I hear people called soulless and such, really bad guys who we now call sociopaths and such but is there any objective evidence of humans having this 'soul' thing?
Sociopaths aren't soulless. Who on earth is teaching you this rubbish.
A sociopath is someone who's conscience isn't developed. They don't feel empathy as we do and because they don't, their world can develop around their wants and wishes.

The soul is a spiritual term for the chemical reactions in the brain, created and maintained by the symbiotic functions of brain, heart and lungs.

People think they have a soul for two reasons:
- Tradition: people couldn't explain things for a very long time and came up with the concept of soul (like God) to explain things they didn't understand.

- Complicated: the chemical reactions between senders and receptors, etc. is very difficult to explain, especially when connected to thought and memory. The explanation of this is still in its infancy. But tests already show that parenting can influence the flow of, for example, dopamine, between the synapsis. The flow can therefore create a situation which is describable as sociopathy.

But just like we don't blame the Sun for how bad Breaking bad is and an open window as the cause of a cold, we really shouldn't blame "soul" for anything but superstition.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jul 14

I don't know much about those other moons and planets. But I heard that some of them are spinning backwards. Can you account for that? Think it through first.
They spin backwards because they got whacked. You take a planet say the size of Mercury, which has a slow spin BTW because it it tidally locked to the sun, but if another planet anywhere near the size of the body being hit, the transfer of momentum can alter the spin drastically. So what?

I was pointing out the other moons which also have millions of hits was also red hot at one point in time, many millions of years ago but now we can measure the temperature and we find ones like Mercury is hot because it is close to the sun, duh, and others out further cooled down through radiation not convection (if you know the difference) but it takes millions of years to get rid of a moon size pile of red hot. There was no water near Saturn because the temperature there would not allow liquid water. Your idea is all wet.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jul 14
1 edit

They spin backwards because they got whacked. You take a planet say the size of Mercury, which has a slow spin BTW because it it tidally locked to the sun, but if another planet anywhere near the size of the body being hit, the transfer of momentum can alter the spin drastically. So what?

I was pointing out the other moons which also have millions of hi ...[text shortened]... er near Saturn because the temperature there would not allow liquid water. Your idea is all wet.
None of your so called scientist have any evidence or a sensible explanation that they all got hit just right and hard enough to cause them to stop and reverse their spin. You are making up things now and you know that is not science. I say God started them spinning in those directions in the beginning when He made them.

Did you know water absorbs a lot of heat and evaporates and takes away the heat to a cooler space? When the temperature of water rises enough it can turn to a gas making it very light and it could eventually escape the gravitational pull of the moon and come to earth as rain that might help cause a worldwide flood, if it happened at the same time as the underground springs burst forth out of the ground as the Holy Bible says.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Jul 14
1 edit

None of your so called scientist have any evidence or a sensible explanation that they all got hit just right and hard enough to cause them to stop and reverse their spin. You are making up things now and you know that is not science. I say God started them spinning in those directions in the beginning when He made them.

Did you know water absorbs a lot ...[text shortened]... t the same time as the underground springs burst forth out of the ground as the Holy Bible says.
Why don't you write up your theory, including how much water would have to have been present and where it all went. I'm sure modern scientists would be fascinated by this incredible discovery.

BTW, my intuitive idea that the planets spinning backwards was due to being whacked is also what mainstream science thinks:

http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q50.html

So what do YOU think happened to make those moons and planets spin backwards?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jul 14

Why don't you write up your theory, including how much water would have to have been present and where it all went. I'm sure modern scientists would be fascinated by this incredible discovery.

BTW, my intuitive idea that the planets spinning backwards was due to being whacked is also what mainstream science thinks:

http://www.astronomycafe.net/qadir/q50.html

So what do YOU think happened to make those moons and planets spin backwards?
I have no desire to waste my time on such things. You are over 70 years old and it is about time you start thinking about where you would like to spend eternity. You have already spent enough of your life thinking about moons and planets, now is time to think on the spiritual things. That is why we are on the Spirituality Forum.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Jul 14

I have no desire to waste my time on such things. You are over 70 years old and it is about time you start thinking about where you would like to spend eternity. You have already spent enough of your life thinking about moons and planets, now is time to think on the spiritual things. That is why we are on the Spirituality Forum.
I already KNOW where I am going to spend eternity, cremated and adding nutrients to our garden. Beyond that, nothing but nothing for me unless there is this thing called reincarnation which I also doubt pretty rigorously. Maybe I'll come back as a frog.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 Jul 14

I already KNOW where I am going to spend eternity, cremated and adding nutrients to our garden. Beyond that, nothing but nothing for me unless there is this thing called reincarnation which I also doubt pretty rigorously. Maybe I'll come back as a frog.
Then you can turn into a prince after a few million years and live happily ever after.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Jul 14

Then you can turn into a prince after a few million years and live happily ever after.
Maybe 100 million years but probably not. Amphibians don't become mammals all that easily. Elephants can become Manatee's but not trout.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 Jul 14

Maybe 100 million years but probably not. Amphibians don't become mammals all that easily. Elephants can become Manatee's but not trout.
That's just insane.