1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 19:28
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It says the same thing I said: that the RCC asserts that it is the only "authentic interpreter" of the Natural Law.
    But marauder how on earth are you going to interprete the natural moral law if you can't even read properly ? ..... leaving aside the fact that sin, accumulated sin, can distort one's vision fatally.
  2. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 19:291 edit
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    Thats a slight bit better than speaking out of two holes like you been doing.
    I recced your post .... you're so funny.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 19:32
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    But marauder how on earth are you going to interprete the natural moral law if you can't even read properly ? ..... leaving aside the fact that sin, accumulated sin, can distort one's vision fatally.
    I read it fine and accurately described the Church's position. And I don't believe in the concept of "sin", original or otherwise.
  4. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 20:162 edits
    I read it fine and accurately described the Church's position. And I don't believe in the concept of "sin", original or otherwise.
    You don't have to believe in the concept of sin, it is there whether you like it or not, whether you believe in it or not.

How in the world are you going to establish what is good and what is evil on the basis of an interpretation of the Natural Moral Law if you don't believe in "sin" .... and how marauder do you explain a notion such as "guilt" if there isn't a notion called "sin" ..... let alone a notion called "forgiveness" ..... these must be weird Marsian inventions in the world according to no1marauder.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 20:25
    You don't have to believe in the concept of sin, it is there whether you like it or not, whether you believe in it or not.

How in the world are you going to establish what is good and what is evil on the basis of an interpretation of the Natural Moral Law if you don't believe in "sin" .... and how marauder do you explain a notion such as "guilt" if there isn't a notion called "sin" ..... let alone a notion called "forgiveness" .....
    I never tried to establish what is "good" and what is "evil". Fundamental rights, Natural Law theory isn't reliant on such concepts. It merely states that as social animals we have a built in moral code based on empathy, that certain acts violate this code and such acts can be punished because they are "wrong" in the sense that they infringe the dignity of others. "Sin" as I understand is not obeying God's law and if there is no God then He has no law. Whereas there are unquestionably human beings and we are social animals with a moral code built on empathy, so the concept of "sin" is an unnecessary construct.
  6. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 20:53
    I never tried to establish what is "good" and what is "evil". Fundamental rights, Natural Law theory isn't reliant on such concepts. It merely states that as social animals we have a built in moral code based on empathy, that certain acts violate this code and such acts can be punished because they are "wrong" in the sense that they infringe the d ...[text shortened]... imals with a moral code built on empathy, so the concept of "sin" is an unnecessary construct.
    Marauder: "I never tried to establish what is "good" and what is "evil". Fundamental rights, Natural Law theory isn't reliant on such concepts. It merely states that as social animals we have a built in moral code based on empathy, that certain acts violate this code and such acts can be punished because they are "wrong" in the sense that they infringe the dignity of others. ....... "

The latter description IS the concept of sin, genius.
  7. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 21:16
    Marauder: "I never tried to establish what is "good" and what is "evil". Fundamental rights, Natural Law theory isn't reliant on such concepts. It merely states that as social animals we have a built in moral code based on empathy, that certain acts violate this code and such acts can be punished because they are "wrong" in the sense that they infringe the dignity of others. ....... "

The latter description IS the concept of sin, genius.
    Sin was a moon god and overall measurer of time. He had a beard of Lapis Lazuli

therefore: a Sinner is a follower of a Sumerian moon god and that makes them a lunatic who of course cannot make a distinction between right and wrong.

What religion are you following now Ivanhoe one that says everyone is a sinner?
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 21:20
    Sin was a moon god and overall measurer of time. He had a beard of Lapis Lazuli

therefore: a Sinner is a follower of a Sumerian moon god and that makes them a lunatic who of course cannot make a distinction between right and wrong.

What religion are you following now Ivanhoe one that says everyone is a sinner?
    Sometimes you gently force me to wonder whether you're funny .........
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 22:09
    Sometimes you gently force me to wonder whether you're funny .........
    Maybe you should ask your Nanna about it.
  10. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 00:25
    Maybe you should ask your Nanna about it.
    Actually I was thinking about asking somebody else ..... who is more qualified in ... erm ... well, you know what I'm trying to say, now don't you froggy ?
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 00:491 edit
    Actually I was thinking about asking somebody else ..... who is more qualified in ... erm ... well, you know what I'm trying to say, now don't you froggy ?
    I don't know what you're trying to say , do you?
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 01:141 edit
    I don't know what you're trying to say , do you?
    We can go on like that for ever ........... right ?
  13. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 01:481 edit
    We can go on like that for ever ........... right ?
    If I have to , I can.

lol always should proof read the to word.
  14. Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 14:04
    Physical laws are merely a description of what actually happens in the world of energy and matter. Observations are taken and the 'law' is simply recognized and described.

The Natural Law, or Moral law is a description of what we all know SHOULD happen. It really has no relation to what actually happens because, unlike every physical law, the Natural Law is violated every day.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 15:05
    Originally posted by chinking58
    Physical laws are merely a description of what actually happens in the world of energy and matter. Observations are taken and the 'law' is simply recognized and described.

The Natural Law, or Moral law is a description of what we all know SHOULD happen. It really has no relation to what actually happens because, unlike every physical law, the Natural Law is violated every day.
    Please re-read my posts as you still don't understand. The Natural Law is discovered by observations of physical reality like any other physical law. You are toooooooo hung up with your own definition of a "physical law"; as I pointed out, there are physical laws that cannot predict with 100% accuracy any individual event.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree