1. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 04:09
    Originally posted by @sonship
    We die because Adam our forefather disobeyed God and came under the authority of God's enemy. Death enter into man because of this rebellion of Adam and his subsequent attachment to the opposition party that is against God.
    Adam was a democrat?
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 04:13
    Originally posted by @uzless
    Adam was a democrat?
    Considering he disregarded the law and acted selfishly with complete disregard for future generations? I'd say yeah, probably demorat.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 07:181 edit
    why do we die?.
    I don't see what the problem is with dying, as long as it's not untimely or does not involve horror or suffering. Dying is inevitable. Normal. Natural. I suggest, if one has real trouble coming to terms with it, one should try religion.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 07:21
    are you a stupidhead?
    I didn’t like either of the alternatives you asked me to choose between.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 10:37
    why put us through this life then? Why not just send us straight to the afterlife?

And no i'm not assuming this life is it. That's your assumption based on statements I did not make. Reading critically will help you later in life when you grow up.
    Do you understand something of what a vessel is ?
    BY vessel I mean a container.

Human life was created to be vessel, a container.
    Think of a glove as a container.
    A glove is a hand shaped container designed to contain a human hand.

This may help you to see that man's life is made in a kind of "God shaped" way in order to be a vessel to contain God. This was God's purpose in creating man - to design a man in the image and likeness of the unseen God in order to contain God.

Before God could dispense Himself into this container of the vessel of human life His enemy rushed in to pollute and damage the container of humanity. The enemy does not fill the vessel of man in exactly the same way. But he imitates that function.

In rushing in to derail God's eternal purpose he came into man and brought sin and death into man.

So has the problem of being defiled with a wrong content. And death is the result. And separation from God is also the tragic result.

We are told that the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus.

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus." (Rom. 6:23)

I don't understand everything about this. But death is a reaping of wages for sin. It is like the salary paid for serving the employer of sin.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 10:39
    Originally posted by @fmf
    I don't see what the problem is with dying, as long as it's not untimely or does not involve horror or suffering. Dying is inevitable. Normal. Natural. I suggest, if one has real trouble coming to terms with it, one should try religion.
    That's not what brought me to religion. Was fear of dying what brought you to religion?

So why do you think religion is for those with a fear of dying? Clearly, there's more to it than that. That's actually a poor reason to come to religion.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 11:151 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Was fear of dying what brought you to religion?
    When I was religious, broadly speaking, I didn't fear death because of my religion ~ although that wasn't the only thing that my religion was about. But then after I lost my religion, I found that I did not need to dwell on the prospect of 'everlasting life' ~ being "saved" ~ and rather than rely on religion to process the inevitability of death, I could come to terms with the finite nature of life by simply embracing life as the practical tangible multitude of opportunities that it actually is without filling it with endless cogitation of supernatural rewards and punishments and all the rest of it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 11:15
    So why do you think religion is for those with a fear of dying?
    Because of psychology.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 11:16
    Clearly, there's more to it than that.
    Of course. I haven't suggested otherwise.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 11:27
    [Fear of dying is] actually a poor reason to come to religion.
    You should tell that to people who turn to religion in later life as the prospect of death looms. Maybe you should tell that to people who are converted to religions on their deathbed when they like the idea of 'everlasting life' conquering the end that they are about to meet.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 14:493 edits
    Adam was a democrat?
    Adam was a kind of free anarchist, in the true sense of the word. I do not mean in the negative connotation of the word anarchy.

He was a free man who was warned to be careful WHAT he took into himself to eat.

Adam was a free created man who was warned by his Creator that it mattered WHAT he took into his being. What he allowed to enter into his being would altar the nature of his being.

Adam was a free man who was warned that the choice he would make with his freedom could have damaging consequences to himself.

"And Jehovah God commanded the man saying, Of every tree of the garden you may eat freely.

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat; for in the day that you eat of it you shall die." (Genesis 2:16,17)
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 14:53
    That's not what brought me to religion. Was fear of dying what brought you to religion?

So why do you think religion is for those with a fear of dying? Clearly, there's more to it than that. That's actually a poor reason to come to religion.
    What about the fear of hell and torture?

This is propagated in these forums by the likes of sonship and KellyJay and yet you never correct them. Never. Not once.

Why is that?
  13. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 16:15

This may help you to see that man's life is made in a kind of "God shaped" way in order to be a vessel to contain God. This was God's purpose in creating man - to design a man in the image and likeness of the unseen God in order to contain God.

Before God could dispense Himself into this container of the vessel of human life His enemy rushed in to poll ...[text shortened]... ing in to derail God's eternal purpose he came into man and brought sin and death into man.

But if god wanted to create a vessel and put man inside but the enemy foiled his plan, then does this not mean god is not perfect? But i thought god was perfect? How could a perfect god not create a perfect vessel that was impervious to his enemy?
  14. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 16:223 edits
    Adam was a kind of free anarchist, in the true sense of the word. I do not mean in the negative connotation of the word anarchy.

He was a free man who was warned to be careful WHAT he took into himself to eat.

Adam was a free created man who was warned by his Creator that it mattered WHAT he took into his being. What he allowed to enter into ...[text shortened]... shall not eat; for in the day that you eat of it you shall die." (Genesis 2:16,17)
    [/quote][/b]
    okay, so we die because adam ate from the knowledge of good and evil tree. I get the reason why ADAM died...ok makes sense..he was warned and did it anyway!

So why then are the rest of us born in the first place? Were ADAM and eve able to have kids in EDEN? If so, are there people born in EDEN? Are people still in EDEN?

Or, did Adam and eve only have kids AFTER they left Eden? If so, why did God make Adam and Eve have the ability to have kids? Were Adam and Eve intended to have kids in Eden who would then grow up to be immortal as long as they didn't eat the knowledge tree fruit?

If so, what was god's plan in having immortal beings created via the birthing process? Why would god want to have immortal beings in eden? What would they do there?
  15. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 16:25
    But if god wanted to create a vessel and put man inside but the enemy foiled his plan, then does this not mean god is not perfect? But i thought god was perfect? How could a perfect god not create a perfect vessel that was impervious to his enemy?
    God is perfect and was not created. Anything or anyone created by God is less than God. Anything or anyone less than perfect and less than God is not completely impervious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree