1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 03:35
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Our bodies are vessels for our souls which all belong to the Lord

Keep it simple
    Our souls are also vessels.
    The soul is the outer container of the human spirit and the human spirit is the antenna that can directly contact God.

This is like the temple - the outer court , the holy place, and the holy of holies.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 04:362 edits
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Yes it is otherwise I would not write of it.

Here a scriptural basis for me to write what I did.

"All that the Father gives to Me will come to Me, and him who comes to Me I shall by no means cast out.
    For I have come down from heaven not to do My own will but the will of Him who sent Me.
    And this is the will of Him who sent Me, t al life.
    Once you receive Him into your spirit He will never leave you forever
    None of this long-winded waffle backs up your erroneous statement.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 04:41
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    What about the fear of hell and torture?

This is propagated in these forums by the likes of sonship and KellyJay and yet you never correct them. Never. Not once.

Why is that?
    Bump for suzianne.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 10:381 edit
    None of this long-winded waffle backs up your erroneous statement.
    As usual if you can't refute John 6:37-39, go for being annoying. No surprises there.

"All that the Father gives to Me will come to Me, and him who comes to Me I shall by no means cast out.
    And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all which He has given Me I should lose nothing but should raise it up in the last day." (John 6:37-39)

Try saying "mumbo jumbo."
    Maybe the verse will disappear.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:02
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Cherry picking is one of the most dangerous practices of false teachers.

To come to Christ
    To abide in Christ\
    To believe in Christ
    To have Christ
    To know Christ
    To receive Christ
    To choose Chrsit
    To be in Christ

is all pointless and useless unless the professed believer - [b] follows the commandments of Christ

You have repeatedly preached that this is not necessary and that only Christ can do it[/b]
    You must write that way because you don't know Christ yourself.

The most basic obedience of Christ you have failed to fulfill - that is to COME TO HIM.

For your lack of assurance and peace you substitute volumes of legalism which you typically are a hypocrite obey yourself.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:02
    Bump for suzianne.
    How many freaking times do I have to repeat myself?

Why don't you go back to one of the other times I answered this?

My answer will not have changed.

I've told you more than once. That should be enough, even for you.

If it's not, then too bad. I'm not answering this question yet again.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:13
    Originally posted by @suzianne

I've told you [b]more
    than once. That should be enough, even for you.

If it's not, then too bad. I'm not answering this question yet again.[/b]
    Dodge noted.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:14
    As usual if you can't refute [b]John 6:37-39, go for being annoying. No surprises there.

And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all which He has given Me I should lose nothing but should raise it up in the last day." (John 6:37-39)

Try saying "mumbo jumbo."
    Maybe the verse will disappear.[/b]
    Your lengthy post did nothing to address the point I made, that’s why I called it waffle.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:143 edits
    I wrote it:
    But once you choose Jesus Christ the Lord and Savior to be yours - you have the gift of eternal life.

Once you receive Him into your spirit He will never leave you forever.

In spite of Divegeester's unbelief Jesus taught that to those who believe into Him He would give the Holy Spirit - FOREVER.

"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you forever,

Even the Spirit of reality ... " (See John 14:16,17a)

Divegeester, I await for you to produce the passage in which Jesus says He will withdraw the Holy Spirit - "the Spirit of life" (Rom. 8:2) from anyone who receives Him.

Back up your criticism with something more than funny words.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:17
    Originally posted by @suzianne

I've told you [b]more
    than once. That should be enough, even for you.

If it's not, then too bad. I'm not answering this question yet again.[/b]
    You say that fear is not the way to bring people to Christ and yet there are several posters in here, who you are friendly with, and who propagate a doctrine of fear of eternal torture, and yet never ever, not once in the decade I’ve been posting here, have I seen you challenge any of them over this in any of the dozens and dozens of threads there has been about it.

Why is that?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:194 edits
    Back up your criticism with something more than funny words.
    Here’s the exchange:

But once you choose Jesus Christ the Lord and Savior to be yours - you have the gift of eternal life.

Comment by me
    This is absolutely not scriptural. You do talk such error at times, in fact most of the time.

Post a scripture that specifically supports your claim which I’ve quoted above, and which i claim is not scriptural. It’s quite simple sonship.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:221 edit
    Your lengthy post did nothing to address the point I made, that’s why I called it waffle.

The noted silence of your rebuttal is typical of your lack of competence to teach and lack of enthusiasm to try.

Whose coattail are you waiting to hide behind? Rajk999's?

Back up that the gift of eternal life and the Holy Spirit given forever are withdrawn to some after they have received them.

" ... I will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you FOREVER, even the Spirit of reality ..."

Prove that He is not given to the Christian forever.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:231 edit

The noted silence of your rebuttal is loud.

Back up that the gift of eternal life and the Holy Spirit given forever are withdrawn to some after they have received them.

[b] " ... I will give you another Comforter, that He may be with ...[text shortened]... the Spirit of reality ..."

Prove that He is not given to the Christian forever.[/b]
    What silence, I have just posted above.

Address the point I made not something else.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:374 edits

Post a scripture that specifically supports your claim which I’ve quoted above, and which i claim is not scriptural. It’s quite simple sonship.[/b]

If He loses them then they do not have eternal life.
    It says He will lose none who come to Him.

This proves that the gift of eternal life is that, and not a loan given on some temporary basis.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '18 11:40
    Further more the Spirit, the another Comforter is also called "the Spirit of [divine] life" .

Is He given to the believers temporarily ?
    Or is He given to the believers FOREVER?

He's given to them "FOREVER" which of course means that they have been given the gift of eternal life also forever .

So let's include this time verse 15 which doesn't change the eternal giving of the Spirit of divine life.

" If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, that He may be with you forever,

Even the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him, because He abides with you and shall be in you."

You may long to change it to read

" I will LOAN you another Comforter, that He may be with you TEMPORARILY until you mess up. Then I will take Him back FROM you."

But it says what it says, doesn't it ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree