1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 20:13
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Of course God is real, how could you hate someone that much who isn't real? Have you ever felt that kind of hatred for a chair? Why does Jesus piss so many people off? Because He is real, and He is who He says He is.
    You got it!
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 20:18
    Atheist will say anything in this forum just to be combative. Not all, but the majority. There is no civil discourse here.
  3. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 20:221 edit
    Yeah, pretty much every hard-bitten atheist I know. An atheist, whether they can verbalize it or not, takes it personally the implication in a Christian's faith that the Christian has found the one Truth of life and that they have not. There are many conscious manifestations of the unconscious offense an atheist takes from a Christian's exclusive relat ...[text shortened]... f hatred. I'm saying that that hatred would not happen if Christ weren't first of all real.
    I am an atheist. According to you, I hate my parents, the aunt that took care of me as a child and sends me cookies once a month, my girlfriend, and a few of my friends. I would say this isn't true and you are full of ****. And let's say I did hate all Christians for what they believed. How would this imply that God/Jesus existed. Why can't I be just as delusional as you and be hating something non-existant? Why can't I hate people for their system of beliefs and philosophy without believing those things myself? Maybe I think that christianity is stupid because it is based entirely on a single work of mythology, poorly translated, yet taken literally. Maybe I hate stupid people. Christians manage to hate Jews without being Jewish themselves don't they???? How do you manage that?
  4. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 20:25
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow
    I am an atheist. According to you, I hate my parents, the aunt that took care of me as a child and sends me cookies once a month, my girlfriend, and a few of my friends. I would say this isn't true and you are full of ****. And let's say I did hate all Christians for what they believed. How would this imply that God/Jesus existed. Why can't I be ...[text shortened]... manage to hate Jews without being Jewish themselves don't they???? How do you manage that?
    Great answer!
  5. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 20:313 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    Atheist will say anything in this forum just to be combative. Not all, but the majority. There is no civil discourse here.
    I dont speak for everybody here, but I take great offense at being told how I feel and who I hate.

Dont stereotype atheists. It is no different than stereotyping race or nationality. There are thousands of different types of white people. Thousands of different types of black people. Thousands of different types of Americans, English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese... get my point?

Guess what... There are many, many different types of atheists too.

Just because some hate god and religion dont mean all atheists do.

[Edit for clarity]
    [Edit again: I really should proofread before submitting]
  6. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 20:33
    Have you ever felt that kind of hatred for a chair?
    Yes. The chair that killed my parents.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 20:42
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Yes. The chair that killed my parents.
    But a chair is real isn't it?
  8. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 20:43
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    But a chair is real isn't it?
    No, that is the problem. His parents tried to sit in the chair, but it wasn't there so they fell backwards and died.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 20:49
    No, that is the problem. His parents tried to sit in the chair, but it wasn't there so they fell backwards and died.
    Then it was not a chair that killed them, but the force of gravity.
  10. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 20:521 edit
    Then it was not a chair that killed them, but the force of gravity.
    Yes, but he hates the chair, even if it isn't real.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 21:02
    Yes, but he hates the chair, even if it isn't real.
    If it is not real is then it is not a chair that he is hating but rather blaming a non-existent chair for the damage done by the force of gravity.
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 21:05
    Originally posted by Wayne1324
    I dont speak for everybody here, but I take great offense at being told how I feel and who I hate.

Dont stereotype atheists. It is no different than stereotyping race or nationality. There are thousands of different types of white people. Thousands of different types of black people. Thousands of different types of Americans, English, Japanese, Korean, ...[text shortened]... atheists do.

[Edit for clarity]
    [Edit again: I really should proofread before submitting]
    Did you reply to the wrong post?

I didn't say anything about atheists hateing anyone, nor would I.
  13. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 21:061 edit
    If it is not real is then it is not a chair that he is hating but rather blaming a non-existent chair for the damage done by the force of gravity.
    Exactly, he hates the chair, but it isn't real and didn't cause anything.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 21:091 edit
    Exactly, he hates the chair, but it isn't real and didn't cause anything.
    Which chair? Since when is a chair not real?
  15. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    20 Mar '07 21:14
    Which chair? Since when is a chair not real?
    Since about 7 posts up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree