1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 15:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't think anyone would disagree with you, or course Christmas originates in paganism, so do the days of the week, the months of the year and a host of other iconic elements of our society.

But then no one else but the JWs makes a doctrine out of it, no one else denies themselves the joy of giving and receiving gifts, no one else denies their chil ...[text shortened]... and Christmas presents. The solution is freedom in Christ and proper education of the children.
    Yes, more invented dogma. But then when your dogma is so weak considering what happens post-death, I guess you gotta give your acolytes a lot more fear of what they do while still alive.

A little less emphasis on what conventional traditions are pagan-sourced and a little more emphasis on the risen Christ as Savior, please.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 15:38
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Yes, more invented dogma. But then when your dogma is so weak considering what happens post-death, I guess you gotta give your acolytes a lot more fear of what they do while still alive.

A little less emphasis on what conventional traditions are pagan-sourced and a little more emphasis on the risen Christ as Savior, please.
    Are you having a pop at me, or mistaking me for robbie??
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 16:55
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Are you having a pop at me, or mistaking me for robbie??
    No, and no. I would think by my use of the phrase "more invented dogma", you'd have noticed I was agreeing with you. About them, yes.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 16:58
    No, and no. I would think by my use of the phrase "more invented dogma", you'd have noticed I was agreeing with you. About them, yes.
    I thought so. 🙂
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 21:50

I guess you forget we are supposed to worship God with "Spirit" and what?, "Truth" or does that not matter in your book?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 22:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I guess you forget we are supposed to worship God with "Spirit" and what?, "Truth" or does that not matter in your book?
    Except the Jehovah's Witness religious corporation does not have the truth.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    19 Jan '14 23:34
    The greatest of untruths are told by false prophets, among which the Watchtower organisation ranks the highest. They have consistently told lies in the form of false prophesies and false doctrines to their followers for over 100 years. They have much to answer for.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 00:21
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The greatest of untruths are told by false prophets, among which the Watchtower organisation ranks the highest. They have consistently told lies in the form of false prophesies and false doctrines to their followers for over 100 years. They have much to answer for.
    "They have consistently told lies in the form of false prophesies and false doctrines to their followers for over 100 (hundreds of) years. They have much to answer for."

Sounds just like the major so called religions all of you accept today.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 01:00
    "They have consistently told lies in the form of false prophesies and false doctrines to their followers for over 100 (hundreds of) years. They have much to answer for."

Sounds just like the major so called religions all of you accept today.
    So the JWs are no better than the rest of Christianity then.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Jan '14 01:55
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    So the JWs are no better than the rest of Christianity then.
    You know my answer to that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree