1. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 14:13
    Originally posted by sonship
    If God is not real to you, the obstacle is your sins.
    I think I have to point out here that if God is not real to me, I am not very likely to take any explanation for my condition that uses as its premise the claim that God is real.
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:34
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think I have to point out here that if God is not real to me, I am not very likely to take any explanation for my condition that uses as its premise the claim that God is real.
    Please don't waste your logic on religious chumps.

But admire you for trying.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:41
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Circular reasoning. Sin is directly related to God. I don't believe i have ever sinned, because to sin is to commit a crime against God. I don't believe there exists a God, so I don't believe I have sinned.

To believe in God one must believe one has sinned, to believe one has sinned, one must believe in God.

Circular reasoning.

[b]God is not ...[text shortened]... his side.

So, I sit here waiting................

and waiting...............

and........
    But the deaf man cannot hear the bedtime story, either.

Does that mean the bedtime story is not being told?
  4. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 19:44
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Its being told.
    Just tell the deaf fook to listen up.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 20:36

Far-fetched comparison, but I'm willing to go there because it will give me something to do at work tomorrow.

Are you saying I am the deaf man here?
  6. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 20:40
    Far-fetched comparison, but I'm willing to go there because it will give me something to do at work tomorrow.

Are you saying I am the deaf man here?
    Rats smell good but I never seen one wearing headphones bopping to Brittany
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 23:43
    He requires that you [b]BELIEVE that Christ died for you and has risen. [/b]
    Well, then he'd better provide some better evidence, because I can't simply decide to believe in something. That's not how belief works. 🙄
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Oct '15 23:44
    valid circular reasoning
    Oxymoron.
  9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 08:171 edit

Wanting God to not exist isn't the answer.
    Atheists aren’t atheists because they don’t want god to exist. It’s sad that this has to be repeated every couple of weeks. If one says “I don’t want god to exist! Therefore I now call myself an atheist!” then it is pretty much guaranteed that that person is in fact a theist, but with anger issues for whatever reasons.

I know I’ll have to repeat this again soon, but here goes again: I am not an atheists because I do or do not want god to exist. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Theists often simply refuse to acknowledge that there truly exist atheists, simply because the more people they encounter who believe in god, the stronger their own beliefs get.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 09:19

If the deaf man gets told not to walk on the grass, but doesn’t hear it – obviously –, walks on the grass and is subsequently punished for it by being beheaded…. is that justifiable?
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 15:12

/subtle semantic nit-picking/

It may be uttered, but "told" implies a listener. Can a story be told to a deaf man?

google search:
    "Tell: communicate information, facts, or news to someone in spoken or written words"
    "I told her you were coming"
    "synonyms: inform, notify, apprise, let know, make aware, acquaint with, advise, put in the picture, brief, fill in"
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 16:241 edit
    Should also say that every time you say "God said this or that" it's actually some guy that said that God said this or that.

But if the Sayer rises from the dead, we have to take it more seriously.

People like you don't believe in God. You believe in other people having told you about God.

Other people told me.
    Then to my surprise I found out myself.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 16:252 edits
    As a highschool senior I worked in Mrs Myer's back yard pulling weeds. I hated to go there because so often she talked about Jesus.

I secured a girlfriend of sorts in college. But one thing I didn't like was that she was a Christian and told me that I was a lost sheep.

"Me? A lost sheep ??" I was never so offended.

I met another Christian. But I was suspicious of him cause ---- well, I was just suspicious. We'll leave it at that. He told me that I will never have real peace until I believe in Jesus.

Another fellow came up to me while I was loafing with my friends in a park. He knelled before me as I sat. Very humble. He told me that he thought that he found the meaning of his life. And he proceeded to talk to me, so surprise, about Jesus.

I thought to myself "How can I listen to this guy yet not listen to this guy ?" The chum beside me got engaged in an argument with him, He turned aside to talk to that guy. And I was relieved. I felt off the hook.

And there were a few more. The day did come though when I could go back to all those people, those dusty, imperfect, work in progress Christians, and say - " I know what you mean now. I found out that Jesus Christ is Lord."

I especially went back to the old lady Mrs. Myers. I told her that I thought I was a Christian now. She snapped back without missing a beat - "Did you receive Him as your Lord and Savior ?! "

Startled I said "Yes." From that time that old lady and I could talk face to face and I could understand now some of the things she was saying. I think it may have been Mrs. Myers who was praying for me.

When I told her I met Jesus she seemed to me like a gunslinger twirling her six shooter and shoving it back down in the holster. I think she must have been a prayer warrior.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 16:28
    Anyway, this thread is designed to save SOME wandering fellow traveler in life some time. Perhaps if they listen they can save themselves years .... years.

The reason you don't sense that God exists or is real is because of the stain of your sins. When the stain of your sins is cleansed away by coming to Jesus Christ there is no problem to the presence of God flowing in you.

If we say that we do not know sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. " ( 1 John 1:9,10)
  15. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 16:32
    Anyway, this thread is designed to save SOME wandering fellow traveler in life some time. Perhaps if they listen they can save themselves years .... years.

The reason you don't sense that God exists or is real is because of the stain of your sins. When the stain of your sins is cleansed away by coming to Jesus Christ there is no problem to the pr ...[text shortened]... to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. " ( 1 John 1:9,10)
    [/quote][/b]
    The reason I don't sense God exists has nothing to do with the 'stain of my sins', it's called having a brain and the ability to use it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree