1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 16:44
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The reason I don't sense God exists has nothing to do with the 'stain of my sins', it's called having a brain and the ability to use it.
    The mind is not the highest part of a human being.
    The human spirit is a higher part of the total human being.

Now I did not say the mind is not important.
    It is quite important.
    I am glad you have a good brain and are smart.

But one cannot touch God with the mind.
    There is another "organ" in your whole human creation.
    And it has the function to substantiate God directly.

Part of this higher part of man is the human conscience.
    And an offense against the human conscience damages its ability to directly touch God. When the offense is dealt with, cleansed away by God, by God... by GOD... the conscience is opened and clear and God can be touched directly.

Then the mind is useful to set itself on this realm, contemplate this realm, muse and delight in this realm and study all about this realm.

Understandably your very proud of your brains or your mind.
    But do not short change your total human make up.
    Don't deny an important highest part of your whole manhood.

The "Top Story" of you human being is your spirit which is comatose, damaged, deadened and needs enlivening. It needs a cleansing and a rebirth by touching the resurrected Son of God in the spiritual realm.

Having a deadened spirit is like living being a three dimensional being living in a two dimensional world. A whole part of your humanity is missing. You need Jesus to restore, and heal, and raise up again from its comatose condition,
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 16:511 edit
    Originally posted by sonship

It is quite important.

And it has the functi ...[text shortened]... is missing. You need Jesus to restore, and heal, and raise up again from its comatose condition,
    It is not incumbent on humans to have to go out of their way to touch god. It is incumbent on god to touch humans. A real god could just as easily speak to every human on the planet at the same time in each of their languages. We don't need to grow a special god sense organ to reach this deity. That is the problem with religions, making them hierarchical means only special humans get to contact god directly and the rest have to suck hind tit. A real god would have the power to bypass all those human interlopers and talk to every last one of us directly. That doesn't happen so that tells me all your gods are man made constructs where the originators set out to control populations and BTW, make the originators a LOT of money and perks.

But of course you will spill out yet another three pages of bible verse allegedly 'proving' your case.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 16:591 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It is not incumbent on humans to have to go out of their way to touch god. It is incumbent on god to touch humans.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a universal standard of some kind which determines what OUGHT everyone should do ?

Do you have a objective real universal standard of moral truth which determines money OUGHT not be gained by shady religious means ?

What is it if not just your own subjective opinion ?

Does it have an atomic number ?
    Does it have a unit of weight ?

What is it ?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 17:01

It is quite important.

And it has the functi ...[text shortened]... is missing. You need Jesus to restore, and heal, and raise up again from its comatose condition,
    That could well be the most sanctimonious, arrogant post I've ever read.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 17:071 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    That could well be the most sanctimonious, arrogant post I've ever read.
    "Pious" ... "Sanctimonious" ... whatever.

You see immediately upon denying God's existence you too often also undercut your own humanity. Your own nobility is cut down a notch and not uplifted.

The Bible says we are made in the image and likeness of God.
    When you deny God you do damage to your own total humanity.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 17:27
    We don't need to grow a special god sense organ to reach this deity.

We didn't grow our innermost being, our human spirit.

We received it when we were created.

"Jehovah God formed man out of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul." (Genesis 2:8)

The human spirit is something very closely related to God Himself. and it came out from God.

The joining of the physical body and the "breath" out of God formed the living soul. The two matters came together and man became a living soul.

We did not evolve a human spirit. God created one within man.

"The burden of the word of Jehovah concerning Israel, Thus declares Jehovah, who stretched forth the heavens and lays the foundation of the earth and forms the spirit of man within him." Zechariah 12:1)

The earth heavens were created by God for the earth.
    The earth was created by God for man.
    And man has a human spirit created within him so that he may fellowship with God.

So it is crucial that our human spirit be born again to complete a dimension of our existence which completes our total feeling of being at home in this universe.

The human spirit got damaged and became comatose.
    God is not real in our daily living because the comatose and damaged spirit needs cleansing, regeneration, and resurrection.

The sense of something missing and of the vanity of life is because of the deadened human spirit which needs to be enlivened by Jesus Christ.

"DEAD ... in offenses and sins ..."
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 17:37

You see immediately upon denying God's existence you too often also undercut your own humanity. Your own nobility is cut down a notch and not uplifted.

More of the same sanctimonious, arrogant schtick.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 18:11

You deny man's existence to prove the existence of your god. You require humans to have a god sense and those that don't are sinners. It's a lot more reasonable to believe the whole thing is just made up by man, no god needed. Some men and women are very creative, you seem to forget that, you see the creativity in other religious books but deny the the idea they could be inspired by contact with a deity.

You think only the bible is deity inspired.

Funny thing is, those other folks with THEIR 'bibles' think THEIR book is deity inspired and YOUR book is just man made hooey. Why is that do you think?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 18:391 edit
    You deny man's existence to prove the existence of your god.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote me where I did.

You require humans to have a god sense and those that don't are sinners.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't have to if you don't want to.
    But you're missing the most Wonderful Friend.
    Everyone wants love.

God loves sonhouse to the point of wanting for you eternal fellowship. But you do have your freedom of will to turn down this fellowship.

Some who wonder why they feel life is a hungry search for what is really REAL and wonder about God can know that sins IS an problem and cleansing away the real guilt for real sins in Jesus Christ's redemption, is the solution.

Did you ever read the parable of the prodigal son ?

It's a lot more reasonable to believe the whole thing is just made up by man,

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever made up Jesus of Nazareth was surely the wisest and highest level of human person ever to event a story.

Do you think that a person can be involved in modern fantasy and games so much that they cannot discern things right ?

Do you think one can be overloaded with SiFi to the point that they think nearly everything is for their entertainment ?

They read about Jesus in the New Testament and think they are reading a Spider Man comic? I think we have a generation sick with over indulgence in fantasy.

Tell me all about some fishermen from Galilee who invented this character Jesus and put words into His mouth. Explain what they got out of it.

No, better yet. You said God OUGHT to behave this or that way.
    Tell us how there is a objective and universal moral straight line somewhere that determines what OUGHT to be - without God.

What are its chemical components ?
    How did it evolve, and that from muddy soil.
    Is it objectively real and final that you know God OUGHT to be this way ?

Is there a higher court somewhere that will correct God when God misses the OUGHT of the highest morality ?

Where does that higher court derive its knowledge of when OUGHT or OUGHT not God needs to be corrected about ?

Could you locate for me those atoms on the Periodic Table please?
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 18:42
    [b] You deny man's existence to prove the existence of your god.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote me where I did.

You require humans to have a god sense and those that don't are sinners.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't ha ...[text shortened]... s to be corrected about ?

Could you locate for me those atoms on the Periodic Table please?[/b]
    I notice you did not bring up my last point.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 18:58
    I notice you did not bring up my last point.
    Do you want me to bring up your last point ?
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 19:07
    Your last point. Here it is:

Funny thing is, those other folks with THEIR 'bibles' think THEIR book is deity inspired and YOUR book is just man made hooey. Why is that do you think?

Do you live that way in other realms ?

Why do you do music at all? I mean some other musicians like a whole different style. If music really existed there would be no dispute about this. There would only be ONE kind of music.

So when are you going to throw your guitar and songs into the dumpster ? Obviously others say THEIR instrument is just as precious to them and THEIR music is just as valuable.

Yep, time to give up music altogether. No world wide monolithic agreement means its not real.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 19:15
    Your last point. Here it is:

Do you live that way in other realms ?

Why do you do music at all? I mean some other musicians like a whole different style. If music really existe ...[text shortened]...
    Yep, time to give up music altogether. No world wide monolithic agreement means its not real.
    You still haven't said other bibles are inspired by deities or a deity. Like the upanishads or the Quran.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 19:251 edit
    You still haven't said other bibles are inspired by deities or a deity. Like the upanishads or the Quran.
    Do you think that unless I read all of the upanishads or the Quran I cannot decide upon matter of God speaking ?

I don't think that one can hide behind not having read all of the sacred texts in human history before deciding that God has inspired that Bible.

If I fall in love with the Lord Jesus Christ I do not need to hesitate and say - "Now wait a minute. There have been thousands of writings that are considered sacred, spiritual, about god / Gods "

Don't misunderstand me. I do read some other writings. But I do not need to put my adoration of Jesus on hold before I go through these many many other books.

He was eager to make Himself known to me.
    We came together.

What you are implying is something like thinking marriage was a mistake because there were millions of women that I have not yet met.

There is no comparison between Mohammad and Jesus. None what so ever.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    08 Oct '15 19:283 edits
    Should also say that every time you say "God said this or that" it's actually some guy that said that God said this or that.

But if the Sayer rises from the dead, we have to take it more seriously.

People like you don't believe in God. You believe in other people having told you about God.

Other people told me.
    Then to my surprise I found out myself.
    But if the Sayer rises from the dead, we have to take it more seriously.

Stories about "the sayer rising from the dead" have also been told by other people to other people to other people to ... until they got to you and now you are telling us.

But you will let us know when this actually happens right?

Other people told me.
    Then to my surprise I found out myself.

No, you didn't sonship. Other people kept feeding your brain stories about god, and you liked them. You liked them so much that you started living them. So much that your brain started telling itself these were more than just stories. You started to convince yourself that you indeed had found the truth that was in these stories that you liked. Were you in an emotionally bad place when you first started hearing about god and heaven and such? You wouldn't be the first one, you know.

Ever wondered why a kid who's seen a scary movie and then goes to be is then convinced there's a monster hiding under his bed?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree