1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 22:23
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]I can comprehend how chess works without needing to know every possible
    combination of moves or the precise chemical make up of the pieces.

With respect to the number of moves possible, it is possible for you mentally ascend to the fact that there are 318,979,564,000 combinations available in the first four moves of the game, but you're only appr ...[text shortened]... taking in all of those combinations--- you're just acknowledging the massiveness of that number.[/b]
    And?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 22:351 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge

But that doesn't mean I don't comprehend, or can't comprehend a ham sandwich.

Also, how this conversation kicked off was you said ...

It is foreign to think of something/someone so beautiful, so good as to defy our
    ability to comprehend it
    , but God is that thing.

Or in other words you didn't say we don't currently fully ...[text shortened]... htly asked... If it's impossible to comprehend, how do
    you then go on to make claims about it?[/b]
    I did not write not comprehending a ham sandwich. I said not FULLY comprehending one, yet enjoying one.

I fail to see what you are bothered by. There are many things in life which we can experience and enjoy which we do not fully [my emphasis] comprehend.

Like a ham sandwich for starters.

What you say is my comment kicking off the conversation was not my comment. It was someone else's.

Here it was -

It is foreign to think of something/someone so beautiful, so good as to defy our
    ability to comprehend it
    , but God is that thing.

The point I come back to is that we may not fully comprehend God, like many other things we do not fully comprehend. Yet we may experience and enjoy God now and for eternity, just the same.

I think my point is established.

I comprehend something of God.
    I commune with God and fellowship with God.
    I enjoy God.

I do not completely comprehend God.
    Nevertheless I talk about God, fellowship with God, lead others occasionally into fellowship with God, and enjoy God.

I do not completely comprehend the universe.
    I can talk about it some anyway.
    And I can experience it.

"Since God is incomprehensible we cannot discuss or experience God" [if that was the issue here,] is false.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 22:55
    And?
    And... what?
    I made the point; if you're having a problem comprehending it, I'll try to break it down into smaller pieces.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 22:571 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    I do not completely comprehend the universe.
    I can talk about it some anyway.
    And I can experience it.

We can partly comprehend the universe because we observe it.

You cannot say the same of god.

Bad analogy.
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 23:16
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    And... what?
    I made the point; if you're having a problem comprehending it, I'll try to break it down into smaller pieces.
    Actually you didn't make a point... you missed the part where you make a
    point out of your post.

Hence me saying 'and?'

I don't have any issues with what you've said so far (in that post) but you
    stopped before you actually made any point.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Dec '13 23:291 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    We can partly comprehend the universe because we observe it.

You cannot say the same of god.

Bad analogy.
    The limitation of the analogy is really because the universe is that created thing, which I agree, we can partially observe with our physical senses.

God is the uncreated and eternal Person behind the creation. But all is by no means lost if you cannot smell or taste or feel God. Though your five senses cannot validate God you DO have a part of your being that can substantiate the reality of God.

That part of you is comatose. But we know how you can awaken that part of your humanity.

What makes God not real to you is not chiefly that your five senses cannot validate God. It is the separation caused between you and God because of your sins.

If the problem of your actual guilt for the actual sins you actually did could be taken care of, that comatose region within your being would awaken. And you would know that there is a whole dimension to your humanity that you have not experienced before.

Christ has made provision for the forgiveness of your sins. You may not be a so-called giant of faith. But you have enough to confess to this God you cannot see that you are indeed that sinner in need of His forgiveness.

You will approach the "event horizon" if you come forward to God confessing that you need His forgiveness. And the eagerness of the loving heavenly Father to receive you, I think, will be sensed by your innermost being.

Do not expect that God will disrupt the creation and write across the stars tonight " Wolfgang59, I am real, Here I am."

God will not conduct a showy intrusive display for your five physical senses. But He will meet you faithfully in the privacy of opening and confession of your need to be forgiven.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 00:08
    God loves me. So He rejects the damaged sin corrupted me. He receives me IN Christ. He only wants Christ in me.

Fortunately God has a way to place me in Christ and to saturate Christ into me. This is His process of salvation. That is to put me in Christ and to wrought Christ into me.

God rejects me. But that is alright because in seeing myself in the ...[text shortened]... the beloved and accepted [b]"in Him."

I will elaborate this concept in posts to come.[/b]
    I'm reading your original text again. There are some things that you say are good, and deep. But I can not fully agree with you.

What God wants is a union, that we are one in Christ. That Jesus is in me and I am in Him. This is where I am at now as we speak.

God has never rejected me. Even in my stupidity, I was never rejected. He has always been a Loving Father.

I experienced the Dark Night of the Soul. I wrote in my journal that I would never wish the experience on my worst enemy. When I was at it's depth, I really didn't want to leave. I found peace in the misery of it, if you can believe that.

It was a long hard fight to come out of it. And I argued with God all the way.

In the end, I stood before God. There before Him on a stand was all the armor, and authority I had forsaken.

He said to me, "there is no one else" and I told Him, somewhat sarcastically "ya, there is no else crazy enough to be it."

So here I am, Servant of the Most High God.

I am not allowed to tell you any more than that.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 00:09
    Actually you didn't make a point... you missed the part where you make a
    point out of your post.

Hence me saying 'and?'

I don't have any issues with what you've said so far (in that post) but you
    stopped before you actually made any point.
    You can point to the large number, know it is large, know it is a number, but still not comprehend the enormity of it--- yet still understand that it is enormous.

So you're comprehending an aspect (or even a few aspects) of it, but you can't really take it all in: it supersedes your ability to wholly take it in.

Likewise with the original statement. We know there is beauty, there is love. But to know that God is beauty, is truth, is love... pure, unfiltered and unadulterated... leaves the mind fully aware of how little it can hold with respect to the characteristics of God.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 00:10
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    I'm reading your original text again. There are some things that you say are good, and deep. But I can not fully agree with you.

What God wants is a union, that we are one in Christ. That Jesus is in me and I am in Him. This is where I am at now as we speak.

God has never rejected me. Even in my stupidity, I was never rejected. He has always been a ...[text shortened]...

You need to get back on your meds.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Dec '13 14:05

That's good, that you disagree with me a little. I'll get more grace.

There is no disagreement there. I say Amen to this sentence.

God has never rejected me. Even in my stupidity, I was never rejected. He has always been a Loving Father.

But the union in Christ that you speak of is because you must stand upon His merit to be received by God. No sinner may stand upon his own merit. So the union in Christ is being accepted - IN Christ.

As Second Corinthians 5:17 says - "So then if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old things have passed away; behold, they have become new."

The old man from Adam could not be accepted by God. It is condemned. So to receive us God had to send Christ that we could be in union with Him, placed in Him and made a new creation.

You were rejected as much as myself. If you are a believer in Christ then Christ has been made to you wisdom - both righteousness and sanctification and redemption -

'But of Him [God] you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom to us from God: both righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

That as it is written, "He who boasts, let him boast in the Lord." ' (1 Cor. 1:30,31)

In ourselves we have absolutely nothing to boast in as worthy to be received by a righteous and holy God of glory. But of Him the believer is placed in Christ Jesus. And Jesus is made to that accepted person wisdom from God - righteousness as to the past, sanctification as to the present ongoing process, and redemption (of the body) as to future transfiguration.

Apart from being in Christ we are not accepted. That is why Christ came.

I experienced the Dark Night of the Soul. I wrote in my journal that I would never wish the experience on my worst enemy. When I was at it's depth, I really didn't want to leave. I found peace in the misery of it, if you can believe that.

This sounds like a intense experience. So I will not claim to know what you are speaking of. Is that where you met the Lord Jesus ?

"Somewhere in the shadows you'll find Jesus" says the song. And so very true. Many of us met Jesus Christ in the shadows.

It was a long hard fight to come out of it. And I argued with God all the way.

It is good to be frank and honest with God, with thanksgiving added. It is very effective to be gut level honest with God. I recommend doing so with thanksgiving and praise accompanying one's pouring out his heart.

In the end, I stood before God. There before Him on a stand was all the armor, and authority I had forsaken.

He said to me, "there is no one else" and I told Him, somewhat sarcastically "ya, there is no else crazy enough to be it."

But we are accepted by God in Christ.
    Christ is enter-able in a divine and mystical way.
    And outside of Christ we are not God's choice.
    In "the Beloved" we are God's choice.

" Giving thanks to God the Father, who has QUALIFIED you for a share of the allotted portion of the saints in the light;

Who delivered us out of the authority of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, In whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins..." (Colossians 1:12-14)
  11. Joined
    17 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 20:513 edits

Oh so God doesn't allow you to share your divine secret with us lower spirited people ya?!
    Be careful what "God" you're listening to.
    The truth doesn't change. The truth is always open to be shared, because it is the truth.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Dec '13 21:07
    Do not expect that God will disrupt the creation and write across the stars tonight " Wolfgang59, I am real, Here I am."
    Believe me ... I don't!

Happy Christmas.
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 00:40
    Originally posted by Flower04
    I know what you are saying. There are responcibilities that i must be careful of. Obedience to the Father is a priority.

I can no more tell you what it is that i am called to, than ask a child to carry a suitcase full of bricks.

Simply, if telling you i see and hear Angels. That my spiritual experiences are extreem. That i can distinquish the voices of the Trinity, Father and Son, and recognize the urgings of the Holy Spirit. Then with sharing all this, then telling you I CAN NOT share with you what IT IS. Well it must be something, wierd, ha, ha.
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 00:42
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Believe me ... I don't!

Happy Christmas.
    Don't worry Wolfie, i have something in mind. Just be patient.
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '14 00:44
    Originally posted by Flower04
    Just for the record, I have NEVER thought of myself as above anyone. Except the ants and short people, ha, ha.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree