1. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 09:09
    Originally posted by Dasa
    There is no sin for persons to eat the animal if it meets a natural death.

Persons who follow true religion do not eat meat under any conditions because it is low class.

True spirituality raises the consciousness of the person and they refrain from many activities that are normally accepted by the majority.

This occurs because the person living the TRU ...[text shortened]... ion do not experience the higher taste and they are still attracted to the objects of the sense.
    Persons who follow true religion do not eat meat under any conditions because it is low class.

Really? Because it is low class?!

Well, that's a new one...
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 09:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You are a weird fellow.
    why? because god will smite me because i don't believe in a irrelevant story? or is it because i may understand the true spirit of christianity while you praise the gruesome acts of murder god supposedly performed?

a god of love is inconsistent with "kill all the people including the children because the israelites need some land"
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 09:58
    You must be influence by Satan to see God as the evil one.
    you must be influenced by satan to portray god as the evil one.

when will you realize that the flood story is a gruesome tale of murder? children supposedly died. drowning. having done nothing wrong. and even the adults. were they all evil? really? there wasn't anyone else in the entire world like noah? or even just a little evil? and what did the flood really accomplished? evil didn't went away.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 11:53
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you must be influenced by satan to portray god as the evil one.

when will you realize that the flood story is a gruesome tale of murder? children supposedly died. drowning. having done nothing wrong. and even the adults. were they all evil? really? there wasn't anyone else in the entire world like noah? or even just a little evil? and what did the flood really accomplished? evil didn't went away.
    There is no murder here. Noah, the weatherman, warned them of the
    coming storm that they chose to ignore. I suppose you are one of
    those that blame God for ever action in nature that results in the death
    of someone.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 13:28
    There is no murder here. Noah, the weatherman, warned them of the
    coming storm that they chose to ignore. I suppose you are one of
    those that blame God for ever action in nature that results in the death
    of someone.
    there is no account in the bible saying that god warned them of the impending doom. there is no account saying that noah strolled across the world telling them to behave. he just started building a boat in the middle of nowhere and doodz laughed at him.

and even if either god or noah did warn them about behaving themselves, we are talking about the same god that mere thousands of years later sent his son on the earth to teach the wicked that everyone deserves salvation. we are talking about an act that wiped almost the whole humanity with the intent of eradicating evil only to not eradicate evil.

i don't blame god for being evil. (if he were, we would be screwd). i blame people like you for portraying him to be evil. of insisting to believe in messed up acts of rage and murder and call them "god's mysterious ways". i blame you for creating this god and believing in it while the real god sits in heaven and tells his son "i thought i made it perfectly clear the flood story is a metaphor and shouldn't be taken literally, these morons are crazy"
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 13:528 edits
    there is no account in the bible saying that god warned them of the impending doom. there is no account saying that noah strolled across the world telling them to behave. he just started building a boat in the middle of nowhere and doodz laughed at him.

and even if either god or noah did warn them about behaving themselves, we are talking about the same r the flood story is a metaphor and shouldn't be taken literally, these morons are crazy"
    ================================
    =======================================

Noah was called a preacher of righteousness Second Peter 2:5.

And Enoch called his son Methuselah which means "when he dies it will come" .

The "it" probably refers to the judgment of God, the flood, which came the year Methuselah died. Am I right ?

Check me now! Go to Genesis chapter 5 and check me !

Now it is interesting that the person who lived the LONGEST in the Bible is Methuselah. He lived 969 years (Gen.5:27). He lived the longest probably because God wanted to prolong more time for the people to REPENT. So he lived and lived and lived until God's could not hold back His time of righteous judgment any longer.

When Methuselah the son of Enoch dies the judgment would come. So God kept him living the longest for His mercy's sake.

Why did Enoch walk with God for 300 years (Gen. 5:22)? I wager that he knew what God was going to do. His son's name reminded the people. Enoch himself was a prophet (Jude 14). And Noah was "a preacher of righteousness" (2 Pet. 2:5)

So you are dead wrong to accuse God of judging with no warning.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 15:273 edits

and even if either god or noah did warn them about behaving themselves, we are talking about the same r the flood story is a metaphor and shouldn't be taken literally, these morons are crazy"
    ==========================================
    and even if either god or noah did warn them about behaving themselves, we are talking about the same god that mere thousands of years later sent his son on the earth to teach the wicked that everyone deserves salvation.
    =============================================

Christ did not come to teach the wicked, you and I, that we deserve salvation. We are loved of God. But we all deserve to be judged.

Provision has been made in Christ's act of death and resurrection for the sinner's justification.

The New Testament does not teach that everyone deserves salvation. It teaches that everyone deserves to HEAR the Gospel and respond with believing in Christ.

It teaches that everyone deserves judgment because of sins.

It does teach that Christ accomplished a redemption for ALL the undeserving. Like a blank check in which each of us may fill in any amount of funds. His redemptive death is more than enough to pay the dept for all sinners.

If we believe in Christ, substitution takes place, and we were effectively JUDGED in Christ on His cross already. Christ Himself becomes our righteousness and justification before God.

NOW.... having our sin dept paid, it is righteous for God to forget and forgive every sin of ours. And He does.

we are talking about an act that wiped almost the whole humanity with the intent of eradicating evil only to not eradicate evil.

So that is the speech you will give God at the last judgment ?

"You wiped out Noah's world and did not eradicate evil. So for that reason I did not believe in the Son of God. "

So when God brings in the new heaven and new earth in which righteousness dwells, then where will you be ?

God eradticate evil in the universe starting from the INSIDE of the believers who cooperate to allow Jesus Christ to saturate them with His divine life and Holy Spirit. You want God to start OVER THERE with THEM. God wants to start with YOU by imparting the Spirit of Jesus Christ into your innermost being.

Your rational will not do you well. You do not allow Christ to save you from sin, from judgment, and to come into you for sanctification. You want Christ to start somewhere ELSE, but not with yourself.

But we who are allowing Christ to conform us to His image are doing our part to HASTEN to coming of the day of God.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the elements, burning with intense heat, will be dissolved, and the earth and the works in it will be burned up.

Since all these things are to be this dissolved, what kind of person ought you to be in holy manner of life and godliness.

Expecting and HASTENING the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens, being on fire, will be dissolved, and the elements, burning with intense heat, are to be melted away.

But according to His promise we are expecting new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells." ( 2 Pet. 3:10-13)

Where will YOU be when He eradicates evil from the creation ?
    If you refuse the Son you will be in eternal damnation.
    So don't be a fool. Turn to Jesus for salvation that you are not taken out with the garbage.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 15:35

and even if either god or noah did warn them about behaving themselves, we are talking about the same ...[text shortened]... r the flood story is a metaphor and shouldn't be taken literally, these morons are crazy"
    Maybe this article will help in your understanding of Noah and the Flood:

http://www.lightmagazine.info/mfnoah.htm
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 09:47
    Maybe this article will help in your understanding of Noah and the Flood:

http://www.lightmagazine.info/mfnoah.htm
    Noah’s name means ‘rest’ and we are further told that he was 500 years old when he fathered three sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth.

iz ok, many people today get a career before having children. still, must have been one awesome career to need 500 years before getting some (lovin'😉.

The book of Genesis tells us that as the world’s population increased mankind became progressively evil [...] ‘…the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth – men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air – for I am grieved that I have made them.’

no warning, no "stop doing that or i will freakin spank you". also bear in mind that god made humans(adam and eve) but didn't tell them how to behave other than "don't eat them apples of knowledge" (NOTE I know they aren't really apples, on your reply don't dwell on that.) So the humans dissobeyed and god sent them into the world, without anything to go on. he didn't tell them what is right and wrong, he didn't tell them don't do this or that. he sent 2 children out into the world and he got "pissed" when those children misbehaved. we only have the story of cain where god (even if he knew cain was jealous and could have talked to him) intervened (after the deed was done) and sentenced cain to a lifetime of wondering, and according to some, he became the first vampire (but thats another story).

after cain, i don't see any passage that says "god spoke to the bastards and told them not to be bastards". he just ignored them and when they became sufficiently evil, he just decided to wipe the lot of them.

"So great was the evil that man had perpetrated in the earth, it was necessary for God to annihilate His creation"
    please. what did they do? drown kittehs? present day mankind created nazism and still wasn't obliterated. and i might add, there other people, less nazi, that stood up against it. are you telling me that in a pre floodal society (man, that sounds silly), there would only be one man righteous enough? that mothers told their children to steal, rape, murder? and even if that was right, wouldn't have god had the responsibility to teach his children the right things to do? or do we use the apple argument and say that people magically knew what is right and what is wrong because their ancestors adam and eve took a bite out of it? and if you do claim that, why is it that god did send moses 10 commandments? and prophets? and omens? did he decided that humanity might indeed need guidance?

"Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth"
    meaning cousin sex. lots and lots of cousin sex.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 10:23
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]==========================================
    and even if either god or noah did warn them about behaving themselves, we are talking about the same god that mere thousands of years later sent his son on the earth to teach the wicked that everyone deserves salvation.
    =============================================

Christ did not come to t ...[text shortened]... on't be a fool. Turn to Jesus for salvation that you are not taken out with the garbage.[/b]
    your grand speech kinda crumbles to the fact that i do believe in god. i don't believe the savages that added fabrications to the bible. i don't believe that god would wipe out all humanity because it is evil. people were evil in jesus's time yet god sent him to preach to all that salvation is available. he didn't tell jesus to ignore the wicked, like god presumably did in noah's case.

your grand story of genocide and GENOCIDE is not only disproved by science( and there are a lot of reasons why noah's flood is impossible from geology to history) but it is contradicted by the nature of god as it is revealed in the bible itself. no loving god willing to send his son to redeem mankind (and god being omniscient would have known he will send his son later on) would obliterate a part of it.

so when i stand before god to get my judgment, i seriously doubt he will make it a point to send me to hell because even if i believed in jesus (even if i don't think a righteous atheist or muslim gets to fry) and was a good person, i didn't believe in a soundly disproven bible fairy tale.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 15:27
    Noah’s name means ‘rest’ and we are further told that he was 500 years old when he fathered three sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth.

iz ok, many people today get a career before having children. still, must have been one awesome career to need 500 years before getting some (lovin'😉.

The book of Genesis tells us that as the world’s population increased m ...[text shortened]... d replenish the earth"
    meaning cousin sex. lots and lots of cousin sex.
    From the creation of mankind, God has tried to instruct them but most of
    them would not listen. I think you are one of those today who have closed
    their mind to God and want listen.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 15:28
    your grand speech kinda crumbles to the fact that i do believe in god. i don't believe the savages that added fabrications to the bible. i don't believe that god would wipe out all humanity because it is evil. people were evil in jesus's time yet god sent him to preach to all that salvation is available. he didn't tell jesus to ignore the wicked, like god p ...[text shortened]... to fry) and was a good person, i didn't believe in a soundly disproven bible fairy tale.
    So you are one of those who pick and chose what you want to believe
    in the Holy Bible to make it more convenient to yourself.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 16:28
    So you are one of those who pick and chose what you want to believe
    in the Holy Bible to make it more convenient to yourself.
    yes. and so do you.

would it be presuming on my part to say that you haven't sacrificed a bull in a long time to god, right? should i ask whether you prefer big rocks or little rocks when it comes to stoning an adulterous neighbour or one who disregards the sabbath. do you have members of other faiths in your community? god said to kill them all. you must also not consume certain animals. you must not have clothes of different fabrics. and should your daughter be raped, the rapist would only have to marry her.

we do pick the parts of the bible that is convenient. because some parts are idiotic or psychotic.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 16:32
    From the creation of mankind, God has tried to instruct them but most of
    them would not listen. I think you are one of those today who have closed
    their mind to God and want listen.
    says who? tell me a passage in the bible that says god sent anything, a sign, a prophet to the people in noah's time?

during the ten plagues of egypt, it is said that god actually closed the heart of the pharaoh so that the israelites could see the awesomeness of god as he rained pain on the egyptians. that doesn't fit with a god of love, not one bit, but it does fit with a people enslaved for a hundred of years or so that wanted revenge. so they claimed god took vengeance upon their enemies. the same god that told his son that we should turn the other cheek.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Aug '11 16:58
    yes. and so do you.

would it be presuming on my part to say that you haven't sacrificed a bull in a long time to god, right? should i ask whether you prefer big rocks or little rocks when it comes to stoning an adulterous neighbour or one who disregards the sabbath. do you have members of other faiths in your community? god said to kill them all. you ...[text shortened]... do pick the parts of the bible that is convenient. because some parts are idiotic or psychotic.
    Haven't you read that Jesus fulfilled the laws of sacrifices and ordinances.
    These things do not apply to Christians. Jesus was criticized by the Pharisees
    for unlawfully healing someone on the Sabbath. He declared that the Son
    of Man is Lord of the Sabbath. I do not have to pick and chose which of
    these I wish to do because none of them are required for me to do as a
    Christian.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree