1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Apr '13 23:50
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Why would any one want to get married?
    I wonder that too at times. Lol. But she makes my world go around!!!!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 00:54
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well hate to do this to you but it is what the Bible says. I believe it and nothing in the Bible has ever been proven wrong to me even up to the prophecies that I see coming true today..
    What would it take to prove to you that no one has ever lived for "900+" years? What kind of evidence would you need to see?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 00:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    What would it take to prove to you that no one has ever lived for "900+" years? What kind of evidence would you need to see?
    It would have to be written in a Watchtower publication, for even a verse in the Holy Bible would not prove it to him.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 01:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It would have to be written in a Watchtower publication, for even a verse in the Holy Bible would not prove it to him.
    No that's not needed as it is in the Bible, even yours.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 01:271 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I knew you'd eventually waddle on over here...Lol

What would it take to prove to you that someone could have lived for "900+" years? What kind of evidence would you need to see?[/b]
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 01:32
    I knew you'd eventually waddle on over here...Lol

What would it take to prove to you that someone could have lived for "900+" years? What kind of evidence would you need to see?
    [/b]
    You have claimed someone lived for "900+" years. Obviously, you don't have to answer my question if you don't want to. But if you do answer it, I will then answer yours.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 02:08
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Ok.
    That's a really interesting explanation of why people are living shorter and
    shorter lives.
    After Noah It also explains that people will live to be 120 and then also psalms it says people lived like 70 to 90 or something like that but I don't want to look it up because I'm at work.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 02:46
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    After Noah It also explains that people will live to be 120 and then also psalms it says people lived like 70 to 90 or something like that but I don't want to look it up because I'm at work.
    Some scholars of scripture believe the 120 years refers to how long God is allowing mankind to continue to live until the worldwide flood and not how old each individual man will live after the flood. However, the 70 to 80 years is the normal life expectancy at the time of Jesus. Jesus was cutoff when He was 35 years of age which is in the middle of the expected life of 70 years of a man at that time.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 04:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have claimed someone lived for "900+" years. Obviously, you don't have to answer my question if you don't want to. But if you do answer it, I will then answer yours.
    I don't claim to have an answer other then what the Bible says. So no need to ask again, but, we all know you will.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 04:41
    I don't claim to have an answer other then what the Bible says. So no need to ask again, but, we all know you will.
    Yes, I will ask once more because your answer was peculiar - almost as if you were dodging the question deliberately. I did not ask you if the Bible answered my question. Once more, reworded: what kind of evidence would you need to see for you to reach the conclusion that no one has ever lived for "900+" years? I will answer your question when ... or if... you answer mine.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 04:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    What about death/sickness/inheritance issues if you are a 'life partner'?
    It looks like it is not automatic, but there is nothing stopping people from entering into legal agreements that deal with these issues:
    http://www.mamalan.co.za/articles_life_parterships.html
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 04:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, I will ask once more because your answer was peculiar - almost as if you were dodging the question deliberately. I did not ask you if the Bible answered my question. Once more, reworded: what kind of evidence would you need to see for you to reach the conclusion that no one has ever lived for "900+" years? I will answer your question when ... or if... you answer mine.
    Good night....
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 05:00
    I wonder that too at times. Lol. But she makes my world go around!!!!
    I believe marriage was introduced as a legal binding for "proper inheritances" or something like that. It smells fishy to me,but Idon't have any conclusive info on it.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 05:47
    I believe marriage was introduced as a legal binding for "proper inheritances" or something like that. It smells fishy to me,but Idon't have any conclusive info on it.
    God introduced marriage when he created a woman for a man. Here is what is written:

And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

(Genesis 2:22-24 NKJV)

Jesus refers to Himself as the "bridegroom" and to the kingdom of heaven as a "wedding banquet."

And Jesus said to them, “Can the friends of the bridegroom mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? But the days will come when the bridegroom will be taken away from them, and then they will fast."

(Matthew 9:15 NKJV)

“The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son, and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come."

(Matthew 22:2-3 NKJV)
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '13 08:29
    Why would any one want to get married?
    at least for the reasons i already posted

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree