Why I believe in  Talking Snake

Why I believe in Talking Snake

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @divegeester
Yes you are a trinitarian.
Me:

Did I say "Trinitarian" was a denomination?

Never said it.

Divegeester:

Yes you are a trinitarian.

And he says I sound demented ?

I say, I No, never said Trinitarian is denomination.
He thinks he answers well by saying, Yes, you are a trinitarian.

No I do not divide the unversal church into divisions of
A trinitarian church verses a non-trinitarian church.

I divide the universal church into divisions that the New Testament divides her - local churches - churches standing on the practical oneness in a locality.

"What you see write in a scroll and send it to the seven churches:
to Ephesus
and to Smyrna
and to Pergamos
and to Thyatira
and to Sardis
and to Philadelphia
and to Laodicea. " (Rev. 1:11)

www.localchurches.org

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

You admitting that Revelation is “signs” is one of those “curtain flapping open” moments that make coming here and putting up with all the other crap worth while.

Thank you.
You admitting that Revelation is “signs” is one of those “curtain flapping open” moments that make coming here and putting up with all the other crap worth while.

Thank you.

The revelation of Jesus Christ was made known by signs.
I have written that YEARS ago.

It doesn't mean that there is nothing to be taken literally in Revelation.

This was an extensive debate between RJHinds and myself on interpreting Revelation 12. We discussed a good mix of both allegorical and literal aspects of the book of Revelation. The year was 2014.

The Universal Bright Woman

https://www.chessatwork.com/forum/spirituality/the-universal-bright-woman.160675

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @sonship
I have written that YEARS ago. It doesn't mean that there is nothing to be taken literally in Revelation
Yes sonship, I know what you believ and why you believe. This doesn’t stop it from being morally incoherent, contextually incoherent and threadbare in terms of cohesive theology.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18
3 edits

Yes sonship, I know what you believ and why you believe. This doesn’t stop it from being morally incoherent, contextually incoherent and threadbare in terms of cohesive theology.
This doesn’t stop it from being morally incoherent, contextually incoherent and threadbare in terms of cohesive theology.

Would I be correct to assume the following as your positions?

1.) Revelation 20:15 is to you "morally incoherent".

2.) Revelation 22:2 taken mainly as allegorical of Christ and the sons of God being a blessing to the New Jerusalem and the surrounding nations is "contextually incoherent".

3.) Believing that there was a physical tree of life in early human history, which phrase has latter been used as an expression for Divine Life in the Person of Jesus Christ, is not "cohesive theology".

Would these assumptions be fair representations of your criticism?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Apr 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @sonship
Would I be correct to assume the following as your positions?
[b] 1.)
Revelation 20:15 is to you "morally incoherent".
2.) Revelation 22:2 taken mainly as allegorical of Christ not "cohesive theology".
Would these assumptions be fair representations of your criticism?[/b]
I’ve already explained very concisely and very simply my position using my own words; I’m not inclined to be shoe-horned into collaborating in another one of your strawman poses sonship.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
29 Apr 18
1 edit

Of course it’s metaphorical!
Jesus is the tree of life.
Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Out of the ground God made to grow every tree, the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Nothing in the narrative of Genesis indicates metaphor. Not one word.

That's just you putting your own spin on it. Satan does the same sort of thing wherever in the scriptures we find him misquoting the Word of God.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Out of the ground God made to grow every tree, the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Nothing in the narrative o ...[text shortened]... n does the same sort of thing wherever in the scriptures we find him misquoting the Word of God.
So where is it now, where is the tree of life? All the other trees are still here.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
29 Apr 18
1 edit

So where is it now, where is the tree of life? All the other trees are still here.
Read the Bible. Apparently you don't because the answer is there, or else you wouldn't have to ask.

While your digging that out, why don't you ask yourself how Adam and Eve acquired the knowledge of good and evil from eating the fruit of a metaphorical tree.

In fact, please explain how you think the scriptures tell how Adam and Eve got ahold of the knowledge. Did it seep into their brains through some kind of metaphorical osmosis?

Why don't you just go all the way and say that God created a metaphorical universe. That nothing is real.

F

Moves
29 Apr 18

Why don't you just go all the way and say that God created a metaphorical universe. That nothing is real.
How does one even begin to count how many logical fallacies you have tried to use here in the space of just 20 words?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Apr 18
2 edits

Read the Bible. Apparently you don't because the answer is there, or else you wouldn't have to ask...
Your dodge of my question is duly noted...

All the other planted trees, which you noted in your previous post, are still here...where is the tree of life?

Telling me the answer is in the bible and to “read my bible” is the most lazy response you could have come up with.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 Apr 18

Your dodge of my question is duly noted...

[b]All the other planted trees, which you noted in your previous post, are still here...where is the tree of life?

Telling me the answer is in the bible and to “read my bible” is the most lazy response you could have come up with.[/b]
You really think all of the other planted trees are still here? Seriously?

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
He has at least 3 in his garden.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Was I talking to you?

Moves
29 Apr 18
2 edits

Was I talking to you?
Poor scuba boy can’t handle it when more than one person talks to him at a time?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Apr 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Poor scuba boy can’t handle it when more than one person talks to him at a time?
You seem to be upset with me Daniel...?