Why I believe in  Talking Snake

Why I believe in Talking Snake

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
02 May 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Genesis is written very historically and with geographically realism.
Then you back up over the matters to the cause of the family, the cause of death in the family, the cause of the alienation from God, etc. and it appears that the writer wrote of practical things in time and space.

Then you consider the overall writing of the five books of Moses - [b] ...[text shortened]... d with intelligent minds which certainly appear to take the account of the serpent historically.
Do you not recognise the dangers of taking things 'in a matter of fact' way which (with high probability) were only intended to be taken metaphorically?

So, for example, if Adam and Eve are taken literally, you find yourself 'having' to reject such theories as Evolution. Do you not think putting your faith in myth impacts negatively on your ability to consider new information and discoveries?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 May 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Do you not recognise the dangers of taking things 'in a matter of fact' way which (with high probability) were only intended to be taken metaphorically?

So, for example, if Adam and Eve are taken literally, you find yourself 'having' to reject such theories as Evolution. Do you not think putting your faith in myth impacts negatively on your ability to consider new information and discoveries?
The theory of evolution has significant and fatal flaws. It is, however, the religion of atheists and is defended as such.