1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 02:11
    Was kicked out of sunday school because wouldn't stop asking questions.

For the rest of my life (so far) I continued questioning, and I see why I was kicked out.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 02:30
    Originally posted by apathist

For the rest of my life (so far) I continued questioning, and I see why I was kicked out.
    I am still asking a lot a questions too.
    But I am a Christian.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 02:42
    Originally posted by sonship
    But I am a Christian.
    Your head down ears back monologues regurgitating your torturer god mythology and doctrine sometimes make you seem like the antithesis of genuine curiosity.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 02:53
    Originally posted by sonship
    sonship, you are indoctrinated as they come. You aren't asking the right questions. Bible bible bible, you say. Why the Bible, I say.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 03:06
    sonship, you are indoctrinated as they come. You aren't asking the right questions. Bible bible bible, you say. Why the Bible, I say.
    No. I have some real good questions.
    But with those who are possibly on the verge of coming to Christ, I would not easily share them.

But you do have to see that there is a peace which passes all understanding. You see the real deepest answer is ..... a PERSON.

I say what a man really needs is a PERSON.

The last Adam became a life giving Spirit. Now no one can really explain exactly what the Spirit of God is. But we know that He is a Person, an unusual and supernatural one, but a Person.

What a Person Jesus is !!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 03:13
    Interesting decision by sonship to offer an I-am-as-indoctrinated-as-they-come style response to someone suggesting that he is "as indoctrinated as they come",
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 04:13
    Originally posted by sonship...
    But you do have to see that there is a peace which passes all understanding. You see the real deepest answer is ..... a PERSON.
    Bhudda.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 04:16
    The laughing fat man. An elite who surrendered his estate to chase nirvana.

Or something.
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 04:48

Asking questions is a good thing, I left my cult because I started asking questions.
  10. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 04:49
    Originally posted by FMF
    Interesting decision by sonship to offer an I-am-as-indoctrinated-as-they-come style response to someone suggesting that he is "as indoctrinated as they come",
    So you think that everyone who does not share your views is indoctrinated?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 05:04
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So you think that everyone who does not share your views is indoctrinated?
    I think anyone who recites doctrine and little else needs to have been indoctrinated in order to be able to do it.
  12. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 05:111 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think anyone who recites doctrine and little else needs to have been indoctrinated in order to be able to do it.
    Are you trying to say that anyone who accepts and quotes the Bible does so without having given it critical thought?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 05:21
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    Are you trying to say that anyone who accepts the Bible does so without having given it critical thought?
    No, I've said nothing of the sort. But I do think people who have become indoctrinated often behave as if they have forfeited the capacity to listen to, or even acknowledge, ideas that fall outside the remit of those doctrines they happen to have internalized, let alone to exercise critical thought.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 05:29

Two questions....

Why did you feel the need to start this self centered thread?

Why would anyone care what you believe?
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 05:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, I've said nothing of the sort. But I do think people who have become indoctrinated often behave as if they have forfeited the capacity to listen to, or even acknowledge, ideas that fall outside the remit of those doctrines they happen to have internalized, let alone to exercise critical thought.
    To me it also seems like you have forfeited the capacity to listen to or even acknowledge Christians ideas, which coincidentally happen to fall outside the remit of of the ideas that you have internalized.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree