1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 18:50
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why can't there be two moral systems that are contradictory with both being right?
    Is coexistence possible then?

I am sure that logic and reason are mere tools. There is something else, and I don't know how to grasp it. Is what I feel here what leads people to bible belief?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 19:05
    Originally posted by apathist

I am sure that logic and reason are mere tools. There is something else, and I don't know how to grasp it. Is what I feel here what leads people to bible belief?
    You are so blind if you see it as coexistence. It is no more coexistence than one person who lies and the other who speaks truth.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 22:06
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    You have dodged almost every question that I have asked you or you haven't given me a straight answer. So these question are directed at you FMF. Let's see if you can answer these honestly. Without dodging.

1. Do you have an objective standard of morality by which you can judge whether or not something is morally right or wrong?

2. If you do not ...[text shortened]... at is right or wrong, then how are your moral values not just based on your subjective opinions?
    These are merely your three ripcord questions asking me the same things yet again, ignoring the fact they have been addressed already, ignoring almost everything I have said over the last week, and being asked again now for the umpteenth time in order to avoid the point blank question arising from the latest feedback loop cul de sac you have driven the conversation into. All three questions were answered head on, repeatedly, on the "Hitler" thread.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 22:08
    Take two societies with contradictory morals, which society has the right moral system when they contradict each other? Or are they both equally right?
    "The right moral system" according to whom?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 22:21

Coexistence don't think so, if the standards vary greatly I believe the conflict would be inevitable.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 23:34
    Are you trying to say that anyone who accepts and quotes the Bible does so without having given it critical thought?
    If you gave actual critical thought to the bible you would never believe the inherent BS and scam therein. Original sin. Or the tests that a god gives to humans, this god allegedly omniscient who would know the outcome of any test given to a human, therefore never needing such tests in the first place.

Or the world wide flood myth people believe totally and no evidence otherwise can convince them otherwise.

Or the pronouncement by their so-called god that a man is worth 50 shekels but a woman only 30.

Yes, you don't want critical thinking about those kind of issues if you want to maintain your faith.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 23:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If you gave actual critical thought to the bible you would never believe the inherent BS and scam therein. Original sin. Or the tests that a god gives to humans, this god allegedly omniscient who would know the outcome of any test given to a human, therefore never needing such tests in the first place.

Or the world wide flood myth people believe totally ...[text shortened]... you don't want critical thinking about those kind of issues if you want to maintain your faith.
    There are a lot of things in scripture whose wisdom resides within the time it was written, that doesn't matter to much today.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 23:54
    There are a lot of things in scripture whose wisdom resides within the time it was written, that doesn't matter to much today.
    Then why are literally billions of people still besotted with the bible? It seems to me an indictment of the human race in general, not as smart as we are cracked up to be. Instead, gullible as a newborn child. Someone comes up saying I spoke to the lord and all of a sudden he has a thousand followers and every one totally duped and giving money to the scammer.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 01:19

Or the world wide flood myth people believe totally ...[text shortened]... you don't want critical thinking about those kind of issues if you want to maintain your faith.
    Sad.
    Children come up with better questions than you have been stuck on for, what? decades?
    You don't answers; you want reasons to reject.
    You have what you're looking for, so why keep looking?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 01:43
    Then why are literally billions of people still besotted with the bible? It seems to me an indictment of the human race in general, not as smart as we are cracked up to be. Instead, gullible as a newborn child. Someone comes up saying I spoke to the lord and all of a sudden he has a thousand followers and every one totally duped and giving money to the scammer.
    Exactly how smart do you think we are? The race is filled with all kinds of beliefs in and
    outside of religion. People give money to scammers all the time in and outside of religion
    as well. You do seem to focus upon just one area where there are without a doubt
    scammers.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 01:461 edit
    Exactly how smart do you think we are? The race is filled with all kinds of beliefs in and
    outside of religion. People give money to scammers all the time in and outside of religion
    as well. You do seem to focus upon just one area where there are without a doubt
    scammers.
    The problem there is you cannot ever recognize Christianity as one of the biggest scams of all times.

ANY other religion can be a scam but NEVER Christianity.

Anyone with half a brain can see religions like Scientology as 100% total scam but christians are so embedded internally programmed they could never in a million years admit that as a scam even though it is undeniably a scam, literally BILLIONS given to the scammers and how has that money been used? Mainly, like 99% used to build ever more grand churches and also ever more powerful political influences.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 02:24
    The problem there is you cannot ever recognize Christianity as one of the biggest scams of all times.

ANY other religion can be a scam but NEVER Christianity.

Anyone with half a brain can see religions like Scientology as 100% total scam but christians are so embedded internally programmed they could never in a million years admit that as a scam even ...[text shortened]... ike 99% used to build ever more grand churches and also ever more powerful political influences.
    I believe that within the group of people who call themselves Christians there is indeed
    a group of scammers! I'd even go so far to say that is completely possible that the majority
    of those who take that name really have nothing to do with God. That said, I do believe
    God is real and does indeed reach out to the human race through Jesus Christ, and that
    is not a scam.

The truth is I believe many are called and few are chosen, from within the ranks of those
    that claim the name will be the most sorry group of people who managed to walk and talk
    the Christian walk, but avoid Jesus Christ all together. I don't care about the size of
    anyone's church, it isn't the size of the church that matters but who is in Jesus' church.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 02:25
    Bhudda.
    Dead guy.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 02:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    I think anyone who recites doctrine and little else needs to have been indoctrinated in order to be able to do it.
    Yes. Indoctrinated by a resurrected Jesus to know the Truth.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '17 02:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    I was a Christian for nearly 30 years. I listened to and acknowledged and listened to Christians ideas throughout that time and have continued to do so ever since.
    A lot of good it did you, since you still don't know anything about the Truth. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree