1. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 10:32
    Originally posted by apathist
    No. That morality depends on opinion does not imply that all opinions are equally valid. It means that of the uncounted ways of seeing our world, like minds will get together.
    So how do you determine whether one subjective opinion is more valid than another? Please do tell.
  2. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 10:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Two questions....

Why did you feel the need to start this self centered thread?

Why would anyone care what you believe?
    Two answers. Being very honest here. I am disgusted by the view that abrahamic religions have much of importance to say; and i am a worthless piece of shiit.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 10:491 edit
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So how do you determine whether one subjective opinion is more valid than another? Please do tell.
    Good question. The word 'valid' is kinda weird here. I guess what I mean is that people group on how they would handle your question. What are your basic morals, and how does that affect everyone else. Or do you figure your own opinions automatically are of more worth than the opinions of others?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 10:50
    Was kicked out of sunday school because wouldn't stop asking questions.

For the rest of my life (so far) I continued questioning, and I see why I was kicked out.
    If you tried again one of us would black-ball you anyway.
  5. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 10:55
    Let me try again please, this is important stuff. I do not like being abused, and so I do not abuse others. Opinions that deliver abuse can be safely rejected.

The Bible got that part right, didn't it?
  6. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 10:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    If you tried again one of us would black-ball you anyway.
    That would be me, unless you don't mind standing in line.

aw f@ck, did i just invent the flail.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 14:37
    Was kicked out of sunday school because wouldn't stop asking questions.

For the rest of my life (so far) I continued questioning, and I see why I was kicked out.
    Why did that stop you? Are you going to lay not being a Christian just at the feet of those who kicked you out of Sunday school? Was that all it took for you to reject Jesus?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 14:46
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why did that stop you? Are you going to lay not being a Christian just at the feet of those who kicked you out of Sunday school? Was that all it took for you to reject Jesus?
    Surely, any honest reading of what apathist said in his OP is that his "continued questioning" for "the rest of [his] life so far" has made him "see" that Christianity is not right for him? How could you possibly read all of the 30 words he wrote and then pretend that he was somehow saying that he isn't a Christian only because of the Sunday school incident when he was a child?
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 14:542 edits
    Good question. The word 'valid' is kinda weird here. I guess what I mean is that people group on how they would handle your question. What are your basic morals, and how does that affect everyone else. Or do you figure your own opinions automatically are of more worth than the opinions of others?
    Take two societies with contradictory morals, which society has the right moral system when they contradict each other? Or are they both equally right?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 15:01
    ...which society has the right moral system when they contradict each other?
    "The right moral system" according to whom?

Yes, I realize this is a question you are desperately on the run from, but I'm asking it again regardless.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 15:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    "The right moral system" according to whom?

Yes, I realize this is a question you are desperately on the run from, but I'm asking it again regardless.
    Regardless of who is asking. Or are you implying that two contradictory morals both be right? Or is a specific moral right or wrong depending on who is asking?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 15:161 edit
    Regardless of who is asking.
    No you keep asking the question over and over and over and over again so you can't pretend it doesn't matter who is asking/judging/deciding. Do you mean you? Do you mean how can you, Fetchmyjunk, decide which society you believe is "right"? Is it you who you are claiming must be convinced? You can't ask the question repeatedly and then cop out and say it doesn't matter who's asking it.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 16:583 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    No you keep asking the question over and over and over and over again so you can't pretend it doesn't matter who is asking/judging/deciding. Do you mean you? Do you mean how can you, Fetchmyjunk, decide which society you believe is "right"? Is it you who you are claiming must be convinced? You can't ask the question repeatedly and then cop out and say it doesn't matter who's asking it.
    You have dodged almost every question that I have asked you or you haven't given me a straight answer. So these question are directed at you FMF. Let's see if you can answer these honestly. Without dodging.

1. Do you have an objective standard of morality by which you can judge whether or not something is morally right or wrong?

2. If you do not have an objective standard of morality by which you can determine what is right or wrong, then from where do you get your morals?

3. If you do not have an objective standard of morality by which you can determine what is right or wrong, then how are your moral values not just based on your subjective opinions?
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 17:30
    Regardless of who is asking. Or are you implying that two contradictory morals both be right? Or is a specific moral right or wrong depending on who is asking?
    Why can't there be two moral systems that are contradictory with both being right?
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    22 Jan '17 18:45
    Yes I do, you claim that there are no moral absolutes (which means by implication that all views on morality are equally valid) ...
    We all know what we want; the closer we look the more confusing it gets. So we carve out our views and stand for them. But maybe we can learn and grow and our attackers can become trusted friends and allies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree