1. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 20:25
    Originally posted by IronFistedBishop
    I contend that God has both male and female characteristics. Consider the following concept from Jungian psychology.....It is a well known fact that everyone both male and female have their own contra-sexual side to them. for the man, this is called the anima and for the woman it is called the animus. We all have both sides to us.
    So you are saying it isn't entirely based on a sexual organ?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 20:58
    Why do most churches have an organ?
  3. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 21:34
    Originally posted by Orange Peel
    Why do most churches have an organ?
    And manually operated too, by pulling various knobs.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Nov '06 21:39
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    And manually operated too, by pulling various knobs.
    No, that isn't the answer.

You obviously need to do more study on organs.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '06 05:391 edit
    Originally posted by twiceaknight
    This is a clear case of anthropomorphosis (heh).

Why would he have sexual organs? Is he going to reproduce? Of course not. So if 'he' has no genetals, what is it about 'him' that makes 'him' a 'him'? Nothing!

'It' seems a more sensible pronoun to use.

On a more serious note, this is an example of how people assume that god is like a person. Th to do and say and think, if it cares at all.

Christians...... what do you think?
    We were made in the image of God, so it seems a bit silly to define God through us. We are defined through Him.

I guess some people may define God as a he or she. If we were to act in such a manner, then we may find that the opposite characteristics of God may be needed at another time in life. God would then need to undergo a sex-change. I read a statistic where humans that undergo sex-changes(which entails more than just an organ), have a suicide rate of 40%(something like that for whatever shoddy purposes statistics always hold). I don't think it would be solely the change that the actual person goes through, but the way the changed environment treats that person.

Personally God is God to me.
  6. Joined
    17 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 01:26
    So you are saying it isn't entirely based on a sexual organ?
    uhhh.....yeah
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 07:03
    uhhh.....yeah
    Do you mean we are all sexually-attracted to our own sex in part?
  8. Joined
    20 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 11:52
    He doesnt exist
  9. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 18:342 edits
    We were made in the image of God, so it seems a bit silly to define God through us. We are defined through Him.

I guess some people may define God as a he or she. If we were to act in such a manner, then we may find that the opposite characteristics of God may be needed at another time in life. God would then need to undergo a sex-change. I read a sta hrough, but the way the changed environment treats that person.

Personally God is God to me.
    It may be that a lot of pre-op transexuals are unhappy to start with and mistakenly attribute this unhappiness to having the wrong sexual organs, and after the op they are still miserable because it wasn't their sexual organs (gender) that was the problem after all. So now they are still miserable and don't feel they have a solution. Well, they think they have one....suicide. Very sad

So the problem was possibly unrelated to their transgender issues.

(Just a theory).
  10. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 18:52
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I don't fear losing my faith anymore than I fear losing my birth.

How can I become "unborn" once I am born into this world? It is utterly impossible. And how can I be "unborn again" of God once He has begotten me?

My faith is an organic part of the life that has been born into me when I received Jesus.

As for the punishment problem, I think ...[text shortened]... in eternal life, spotless and without blemish before a Perfect God now our dear Father.
    I am surprised that after all the things i wrote it was the losing faith comment that interested you the most.

The thing is, you are responding to me as if i "believe," and your points only make sense to someone who already believes in the holy trinity. I have already gone into detail about why i think it's a logically flawed mindset.

You are always going to discuss god from the perspective of your religion, which seems to blinker you from points of logic. I can see that you will always fall back on that book which is, IMO, nonesense. Therefore, unfortunately, I can't see any point in continuing..........
  11. Joined
    17 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 19:58
    Do you mean we are all sexually-attracted to our own sex in part?
    no, thats not what im saying
  12. Playing with matches
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 20:06
    So if 'he' has no genetals, what is it about 'him' that makes 'him' a 'him'? Nothing!
    I'm intrigued. What are these 'genetals' you speak of? Perhaps a rousing game of 20 Questions is in order.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 20:111 edit
    It may be that a lot of pre-op transexuals are unhappy to start with and mistakenly attribute this unhappiness to having the wrong sexual organs, and after the op they are still miserable because it wasn't their sexual organs (gender) that was the problem after all. So now they are still miserable and don't feel they have a solution. Well, they think t ...[text shortened]... ad

So the problem was possibly unrelated to their transgender issues.

(Just a theory).
    I suppose there would be a whole host of problems associated with a sex-change. That would be another one that you say.

Another one could be that the change was too fast, for the person to be able to deal with the problems associated with it. I guess this is a problem that a new Christian or one looking to travel back would be up against. I've heard that a lot of Christians go through a real hard time when becoming new. Probably a lot of switching between the two different worlds for a period until they flatten off. Sorry for the off-topic diversion.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 20:24
    no, thats not what im saying
    We have the attributes of both.
  15. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Nov '06 20:31
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    I'm intrigued. What are these 'genetals' you speak of? Perhaps a rousing game of 20 Questions is in order.
    If you can't work it out from the context, perhaps a full-frontal lobotomy is in order.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree