Why is RJH still here?

Why is RJH still here?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

timed out again

Moves
18 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
hey dude, careful with the term Jehovah's Witnesses, we have at least a measure of
integrity, RJH is a Southern Baptist, the kind that dances with snakes and rolls around
the Church floor filled with Holy spirit.
I heard that JW's teach that the world should have ended in 1914 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses

I don't want to condemn anyone whether JW's, Mormon's etc but in the eyes of many they are viewed as a cult. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_a_cult

F

Moves
18 Mar 12

Originally posted by enrico20
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_a_cult
This is one of the more original ways to handle this link. You just posted it. Just about all the rest of use have actually copied text from it and pasted here on threads started by Rajk999. Your fresh approach is interesting.

rc

Moves
18 Mar 12
1 edit

I heard that JW's teach that the world should have ended in 1914 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses

I don't want to condemn anyone whether JW's, Mormon's etc but in the eyes of many they are viewed as a cult. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Are_Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_a_cult
who cares what other people think, we are awesome.

The term ‘cult’ has a precise definition or rather, several precise definitions. Which
definition is the right one largely depends on the context in which the term ‘cult’ is
applied.

http://cultdefinition.com/

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Mar 12
3 edits

Yes, that is right. They are one of many cults that use Christianity as a basis.
They are not quite as weird as some of the more notorious cults, however.
In my opinion, if one wishes to be a member of a Christian based cult, this one
is the one I would reccommend. But like most cults, the longer one is in it, the
harder it becomes to overcome the false teachings that one is indoctrinated
with. But if one is interested in studying the Holy Bible, I would reccommend
study with the the JWs along with a traditional Christian denomination, but one
must be careful not to abandon sound doctrine and discard the Divinity of Christ.

rc

Moves
18 Mar 12
2 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
Yes, that is right. They are one of many cults that use Christianity as a basis.
is the one I would reccommend. But like most cults, the longer one is in it, the
harder it becomes to overcome the fals ...[text shortened]... tion, but one
must be careful not to abandon sound doctrine and discard the Divinity of Christ.
there is no point studying with nominal christians, what can they teach you? how to put
your bum in a pew on a Sunday? neeeext!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Mar 12
5 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What difference does it matter as to how long ago it was? He was a Soviet GM playing CC. That's all you need to know. We don't have to speculate about anything, his games are logged in the chessgames.com database, we can see how many games he played OTB and CC per year.

How come you have higher engine matchup rates than a OTB GM playing CC? You being rated 1500 OTB and all.
I have no idea how many of his games were evaluated and if these were 20 of
his best games or 20 of his worse games. Or maybe they were all his games as
an average. We know in my case these were 20 of my last and best games.
They did not include any of my worse games on here.

Did you ever check out the guy who has had all those checkmates posted on the
first page when you log on to RHP for chess engine use. For awhile he had at
least one game and sometimes all 3 games were his checkmates. I have not had
many checkmates, but I have never seen one of them posted. Also, I tried
to challenge him to a game and he will not accept games less than 21 days to
move.

P.S. He is on the bottom of the 3rd page of the ratings list at this moment if
you are unclear who I am referring to.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Mar 12

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Mar 12

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Mar 12
2 edits

harder it becomes to overcome the fals ...[text shortened]... tion, but one
Not that you'll read this or even understand it but here ya go:

Part 1: DIVINE
That which belongs to God or pertains to him, that which is godlike or heavenly.
In some places in the Hebrew Scriptures, the words ’El (the singular form of the word “God&rdquo😉 and ’Elohim (the plural form of excellence of the word “God&rdquo😉 are used one after the other. Thus at Joshua 22:22 and Psalm 50:1 the Hebrew text reads ’El ’Elohim Yehwah;. While some translations (Ro; Ps 49:1, BC [Spanish]) simply transliterate the first two words of this phrase, others render them as “the God of gods” (AT, JB, La, VM [Spanish]) or, somewhat more accurately, “The Mighty One, God” (AS, Mo, RS), and “Divine One, God” (NW).—See GOD.
In the Christian Greek Scriptures, certain words derived from the; (god) appear and relate to that which is divine. The related words theios, theiotes, and theotes occur at Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20, Colossians 2:9, and 2 Peter 1:3, 4.
At Acts 17:29, Paul, when in Athens, showed that it is illogical for humans to imagine that “the Divine Being [to theion, form of theios] is like gold or silver or stone.” Many translators here use terms such as “the Godhead,” “the Deity,” or “the divinity” (KJ, AS, Dy, ED, JB, RS), while E. J. Goodspeed’s translation says “the divine nature.” According to The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, the expression to theion “is derived from the adjective theíos, meaning ‘pertaining to God,’ ‘divine.’” (Edited by G. Bromiley, 1979, Vol. 1, p. 913) Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon gives as the meaning “the Divinity.” (Revised by H. Jones, Oxford, 1968, pp. 787, 788) So the phrase to theion can be understood to refer to a person or to a quality. Obviously, then, the context must guide the translator in his choice of words. Here at Acts 17:29, the context clearly shows that the person of God is being described, and so the expression is appropriately rendered “Divine Being” in the New World Translation.—Compare NIV.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Mar 12

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
18 Mar 12

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Mar 12

his best games or 20 of his worse games. Or maybe they were all his games as
an average. We know in my case these were 20 of my last and best games.
They did not include any of my worse games on here.

Did you ever check out the guy who has had all those checkmates posted on ...[text shortened]... om of the 3rd page of the ratings list at this moment if
you are unclear who I am referring to.
his best games or 20 of his worse games.

They were ten games that fitted the criteria from the fourteen he played to win the 2nd ICCF World Championship. It's not a question of best or worst, just 20 games that fit the criteria.

We know in my case these were 20 of my last and best games.

Nope, they were the last 20 games you played that fitted the criteria. 20 games against 2000+ rated players with a minimum of 20 moves out of book.

What does BillyDean have to do with your engine matchup rates?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Mar 12

[b]I have no idea how many of his games were evaluated and if these were 20 of
his best games or 20 of his worse games.

They were ten games that fitted the criteria from the fourteen he played to win the 2nd ICCF World Championship. It's not a question of best or worst, just 20 games that fit the criteria.

We know in my case these were 20 o ...[text shortened]... imum of 20 moves out of book.

What does BillyDean have to do with your engine matchup rates?
It points out your bias. HalleluYah!!! 😏

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Mar 12

It points out your bias. HalleluYah!!! 😏
My bias? I've ran a 20 game batch of another RHP player, gambit05 who incidentally is a 2200+ rated player who isn't cheating, and i'm running a batch on a third. You can see gambit05's results in the chess forum if you like. That's what a non cheating chess player's results looks like.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Mar 12
1 edit

My bias? I've ran a 20 game batch of another RHP player, gambit05 who incidentally is a 2200+ rated player who isn't cheating, and i'm running a batch on a third. You can see gambit05's results in the chess forum if you like. That's what a non cheating chess player's results looks like.
I bet you never ran my first twenty games in a batch. You pick and choose who
and what games to run in your batches and then evaluate the results all in a
biased manner IMO. You are also just as biased in evaluating the evidence for
and against atheism vs. theism and evolution vs. intelligent design or creation.