1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    He submitted himself to an analysis of his games to see if there was evidence of engine use, and said he would accept the verdict, and although the verdict was the analysis indicates idiotic engine use [which is cheating according to the TOS of this site] RJHinds is still here, backpeddlling, still posting and still making chess moves.

Thread 145363
    Do you report him? Or is everyone assuming that someone else did ?

Any chance of banning him from chess , but keeping him for his entertaining posts?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:06
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Do you report him? Or is everyone assuming that someone else did ?

Any chance of banning him from chess , but keeping him for his entertaining posts?
    I don't care if he keeps posting here. My question is why is he still here? My question to HIM is 'why are YOU still here?'
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:183 edits
    No, it makes some difference, your answer has been noted. I await future developments, if you turn out to be legit , then fine.

I just dont know why you haven't been banned from here forever- obviously there is still some doubt- or the mods aren't doing their job ...
    With the total average % for those games I would have a matchup grade of D,
    if these had been on tests of school papers. Proper Knob was not statisfied with
    that, but wanted to accuse me of cheating so bad that he listed what he called
    the the 2nd and 3rd best choices and the other guy even added the 4th best
    choice. I told them that was like having a multiply choice question and saying
    I got the answer rght as long as I picked one of those answers. The usual
    procedure is to count the answer wrong unless you choose the best answer.
    Of course, my logic is illogic and irrational to them. Proper knob claims I got
    a better matchup than grandmasters. However, I bet him that Kasparov who lost
    that final match with IBM's Deep BLue only lost by one game, could have played
    as good as the computer if he could have set up a side analyze board and moved
    the pieces around for up to three days before making an actual move against
    Deep Blue. But Kasparov had to play by regular OTB rules and actually beat
    Deep Blue in their first match.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Blue_(chess_computer)
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:234 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    With the total average % for those games I would have a matchup grade of D,
    if these had been on tests of school papers. Proper Knob was not statisfied with
    that, but wanted to accuse me of cheating so bad that he listed what he called
    the the 2nd and 3rd best choices and the other guy even added the 4th best
    choice. I told them that was like having a eat
    Deep Blue in their first match.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Blue_(chess_computer)
    thats another nonsense, simply because you did not play the first choice engine move
    every time does not mean that you did not play the second or third does it. The fact
    is, on average your move choices were more engine like than that of Magnus Carlsen or
    the former correspondence chess world champions, now how are we to explain it in any
    other terms other than, your a pumkin eater? This coupled with the fact that you know
    practically nothing about chess (you have not even heard of the Yugoslav attack in the
    dragon, the most played Sicilian variation of all time, and the fact that you cannot state
    with any certainty any human ideas about chess) id say your pretty much busted.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thats another nonsense, simply because you did not play the first choice engine move
    every time does not mean that you did not play the second or third does it.
    You may be different from me. but if I were to cheat I would be trying to win
    and I would be playing the best move I could find.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:301 edit
    cheats are quite devious, they have all kinds of methods are their disposal as you are
    very well aware. Indeed, throwing in the odd loss, throwing in the odd human move
    doesn't fool anyone, if you could explain your moves, you might have a case, but you
    cannot.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:32
    The fact that no one really knows why you'd engage in "idiotic engine use" is not a defence of your behaviour, in and of itself.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    every time does not mean that you did not play the second or third does it. The fact
    is, on average your move choices were more engine like than that of Magnus Carlsen or
    the former correspondence chess world champions, now how are we to explain it in any
    ot ...[text shortened]... you cannot state
    in any certainty any human ideas about chess) id say your pretty much busted.
    Just because I don't play or don't know the name of every variation of a certain
    chess opening doesn't prevent me or anyone else from being able to make good
    moves when enough time is given for study and analyzing the moves before
    the move has to be made.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:36
    Just because I don't play or don't know the name of every variation of a certain
    the move has to be made.
    we are not talking of any variation, we are talking of the most played variation of the
    Sicilian of any variation ever invented, its the main line of the Dragon for goodness
    sake and has been since the 1960's. You not only are capable of making good moves,
    the moves you make are chess engine quality, more so than Magnus Carslen or the
    former correspondence chess champions of the world, now how are we to explain that?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:36
    the move has to be made.
    Why did you accept Zygalski's verdict that you were cheating?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 07:381 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't care if he keeps posting here. My question is why is he still here? My question to HIM is 'why are YOU still here?'
    Maybe he thrives on antagonism ..

Why are you here RJ? For your spiritual insights?

For your scientific skill?

Perhaps you are like me and have only limited credit so you can only waste lots of time on here and no where else on the net?

You said to me out and out that you have never used an engine in any of your rhp games. How do you respond to FMF who has called you out and said that you have already been busted?

Are you trying to tell us that you set up a board on the side and work out moves for days ("3 days" ), before you come up with the best move? Is that really what you do with your time? I didn't think they had the dole in the US.

edit: I just checked your latest update on your profile. It seems you are trying to put out there that you do not do well when forced to make moves quicker.
    Again, it seems that update is just there to cover something.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 09:202 edits
    if not here, in your dreams...
    You were doing well there for a moment - and then your ganja kicked in.

Thought I'd add : 😉
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 09:481 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You were doing well there for a moment - and then your ganja kicked in.

Thought I'd add : 😉
    I tell ya , life is unpleasant when you cant even get away from it in your sleep.
    Again , this is coming from personal experience, just a couple of months ago.
    I was going through a rough patch emotionally, financially ...aw heck, all over.
    I was just keeping it together for my kid, but at least I knew when I went to bed I could get some relief from the worldly probs I was having.
    For the first night (of about 5) I had very pleasant dreams, in my dreams I travelled all over the world- where ever I wanted to go. I believe I kept wanting to goto Germany and then Africa.
    On day 2 I couldn't wait til the day was over , and I thought once again my dreams would compensate my dismal time in waking life.
    To my complete (kinda) surprise , I was confronted by some of the most menacing nightmares I ever had. I woke up in a cold sweat not knowing whether to go back to sleep or not. I thought "surely it'll be alright" . It wasn't . More nightmares.
    So a sleepless night on night 2.
    I thought that day 2 was just a hiccup and that things would get back to "normal" with my sleep.
    Long story short, night 3 and night 4 were possibly even worse than night 2.
    Those nights I had the sort of dreams where you keep thinking you awoken only to find yourself in another dream. To make things worse, it felt as if there was some ghastly presence chasing me.
    By day 5 I was a wreck. I had averaged only 2-3 hours of sleep over the past 5 days and that was not anough for me.
    Again I put on a front for my kid and made out things were fine, even though my hands were shaking as I poured my coffee in the morning.
    Then all of a sudden on day 6 everything ceased. The bad dreams. And also the emotional and other problems that were plaguing my existence.

The reason for this - I learnt something in a very concrete manner.

edit: and no ganja, just a few white wines all week.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 11:35
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why did you accept Zygalski's verdict that you were cheating?
    I thought he would keep his word and be fair. I am still not sure what he
    means by idiotic engine use.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Mar '12 11:411 edit
    I tell ya , life is unpleasant when you cant even get away from it in your sleep.
    Again , this is coming from personal experience, just a couple of months ago.
    I was going through a rough patch emotionally, financially ...aw heck, all over.
    I was just keeping it together for my kid, but at least I knew when I went to bed I could get some relief fr ething in a very concrete manner.

edit: and no ganja, just a few white wines all week.
    My kid is plagued with nightmares at present, something deep in his subconscious is clearly disturbing him 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree