1. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    15 Aug '10 07:40
    There are a lot of people out there who say and/or think christians are a uptight, backwards religion. The wars that have been fought the people who have been killed in the name of God. Also the witch burnings the raping of altar boys the list goes on. What confuses me why don't the people who say or think these thoughts realize that those are people doing these things and not God. People will kill in the name of Jesus, and that shows their love for God in their mind. In no way does that reflect Gods love for us. Consider this no one is perfect and God did not ask us to be. God called us to be pure. Show love to all and except Jesus that's it. We make it harder with tradition. Example how does being Christ like break down into so many denomitions of christianity. Simple break down either your striving to be like Christ or your not that's it.

It's not about the religion, its a relationship. Read the Word of God (Bible), Pray, and ask for forgivness when you mess up. Simple 1,2,3. And try to love all you see, that can be hard at times. Also in God's eye sin is sin one is not greater than the other, be it stealing, lying, homosexual etc..So if your coming down on gays claiming that their going to hell, if your doing wrong your just as guilty as they are. I'm not gay myself just tired of the radicals jumping on that gay bandwagon, when they themself have also sinned
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Aug '10 08:20
    Originally posted by realeyez
    There are a lot of people out there who say and/or think christians are a uptight, backwards religion. The wars that have been fought the people who have been killed in the name of God. Also the witch burnings the raping of altar boys the list goes on. What confuses me why don't the people who say or think these thoughts realize that those are people doing ...[text shortened]... t tired of the radicals jumping on that gay bandwagon, when they themself have also sinned
    I'm just trying to be myself. Whether that coincides with Christ is pure coincidence😉
  3. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    15 Aug '10 16:12
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I'm just trying to be myself. Whether that coincides with Christ is pure coincidence😉
    I can dig it, my style is just to try to show peace to everyone. it gets hard tho I admit. I've been blesed enough tosee another day and try it again.😉
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '10 18:48
    ...Also in God's eye sin is sin one is not greater than the other, be it stealing, lying, homosexual etc..
    I'd be interested in your references (either versed, parabolic or exemplified) to this claim on God's view of individual/specific sins please?
  5. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 06:08
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'd be interested in your references (either versed, parabolic or exemplified) to this claim on God's view of individual/specific sins please?
    Matthew 12:31 states every sin and blasphamy will be forgiven men, but the blasphamy against the holy spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him: but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him in this age or in the age to come. Or in the possible stoning of Mary Magdeline. Caught in the act of adultry and Jesus said he who is without sin let him cast the first stone. Everyone dropped their stone. Jesus asked her is there anyone here to condem you? she replied no. Jesus said nor will I you are forgiven and sin no more. At the beginning of the paragragh it states every sin will be forgiven.

So specific sins are cover every sin, Now it does say stealing, murder, homo, rape, bearing false witnes etc. are wrong. But none of those are without reproach. All of those is cover by every sin except blasphamy against the Holy Spirit. Their is a deeper meaning to Matthew 12:31 that I learn while I was in Bible college. I hope I answered your question or at least touched on the answer to some degree
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 07:13
    Matthew 12:31 states every sin and blasphamy will be forgiven men, but the blasphamy against the holy spirit will not be forgiven. Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him: but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him in this age or in the age to come. Or in the possible stoning of Mary Magdeline. C ...[text shortened]... Bible college. I hope I answered your question or at least touched on the answer to some degree
    Can you give me an example of something that would count as blaspheming the Holy Spirit?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 07:15
    It's not about the religion, its a relationship. Read the Word of God (Bible), Pray, and ask for forgivness when you mess up.
    Would Usama bin Ladin be forgiven if he did that?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 07:24
    What confuses me why don't the people who say or think these thoughts realize that those are people doing these things and not God.
    So you don't believe the old Testament to be accurate? It was my understanding that God not only ordered a large number of deaths but went about doing a lot of the smiting himself.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 10:14
    Ok. There are sins against others, (rape,murder,etc.) and there are sins which are only harming oneself,(homosexuality,sex before marriage).

Why bother worrying about sins that are not harming others? Its just a waste of time, and, according to christian doctrine, God will judge.

If you are not harming others why would you worry about those type of sins?
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Aug '10 10:21
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you don't believe the old Testament to be accurate? It was my understanding that God not only ordered a large number of deaths but went about doing a lot of the smiting himself.
    Indeed, it should be remembered that according to the bible god drowned almost the entire human population in the Great Flood. That's just one example of god's genocidal tendencies.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 00:36
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Indeed, it should be remembered that according to the bible god drowned almost the entire human population in the Great Flood. That's just one example of god's genocidal tendencies.
    So in your opinion and of course you were not there to see how things really were, you would put the human race into what the bible describes as a complete evel condition forever? You would want that population of humans to live on to who knows what terrible sufferings instead of God doing what he had to do preserve good and decent people that you are now a descendent of?
    None of us have any idea what the world would have been like today or if we'd even exist today if God had not stepped in and did what he knew had to be done.
    I don't think we as the small humans we are and ones that were not there to see, have any right to question what God saw nesessary to do to preserve our lives today.
    Were you there to see and have the right to judge?
    You say God is a murderer? If he didn't care we would have all been wipped off the face of the earth thousands of years ago.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 04:01
    I can dig it, my style is just to try to show peace to everyone. it gets hard tho I admit. I've been blesed enough tosee another day and try it again.😉
    Go(o)d answer🙂
    You sound down to Earth and practical, which are essential to get through to people with that sort of message. Good on ya, you are like a breath of fresh air. Game?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 05:07
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You say God is a murderer? If he didn't care we would have all been wipped off the face of the earth thousands of years ago.
    Nevertheless, he remains a murderer by definition. Killing because you care, does not change the definition.

But the issue was brought up because the OP claims that all the past killing has been by humans and that God is not responsible. Clearly you strongly disagree with him, so why didn't you criticize him too?
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    17 Aug '10 06:00
    There are a lot of people out there who say and/or think christians are a uptight, backwards religion. The wars that have been fought the people who have been killed in the name of God. Also the witch burnings the raping of altar boys the list goes on. What confuses me why don't the people who say or think these thoughts realize that those are people doing ...[text shortened]... and that shows their love for God in their mind. In no way does that reflect Gods love for us.
    God designed the world that we're in and the people who live in it. That reflects something, doesn't it?
  15. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 02:59
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Can you give me an example of something that would count as blaspheming the Holy Spirit?
    Yes I can Matthew 12:22-23 I will parapharse it but of course I encourage you to read it also. THe basic break down is to perform a Jewish exorsizism, the ones preforming it would the demon what is your name. The demon would would state it's name for example my "name is Legion for we are many" but back to this scripture. This man was a blind mute so when asked it's name it could not speak due to the fact that it's a mute. Jesus comes on the scene and being the Son of God does not need to know it's He can do all, and cast the demon out. The Pharisee said that Juses cast out this demon by the power of Beelzebub. Jesus states that a kingdom can not stand divided the demon can not cast out the devil. Then explains that He (Jesus) casts out demons by the Spirit of God. So by saying that the Spirit that Jesus is connected with to cast out demons was that of Satan. The Spirit in question is the Holy Spirit the Spirit of God and the Pharisee just claimed the God's Spirit is unclean sinful as Satan's is.

As you continue to read the Pharisee, Helenist etc. all said these things in their heart. In verse 12:25 in the book of Matthew say Jesus knew their thoughts. So in your heart you must believe that the Holy Spirit is not pure, and is sinful. If you have any other questions please ask I Love to talk about Jesus. I have my AA in Theology I dont know everything But I am willing to research anything I don't know

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree