1. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 03:00
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    God designed the world that we're in and the people who live in it. That reflects something, doesn't it?
    I wish it did but we have free will.
  2. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 03:18
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you don't believe the old Testament to be accurate? It was my understanding that God not only ordered a large number of deaths but went about doing a lot of the smiting himself.
    I do believe in the old testiment without it there is no new testiment. The book of Acts (new testiment) I want say chap 5. God due to lying to the Holy Spirit stroke 2 people dead. God was establishing his foundation and could not have any impurities in His root/foundation. Same with the old testiment. God came to His chosen people, and in His foundation, you can not build on sin. That is why God often told the Jews, do not marry out because you will over time allow things that are not of God to tak e root in your life. Then your child(ren). SO when taking landing everything had to go.

Differnent example a son watches his father get drunk and beat his mother. He is scared and may even hate is father for it. More often than not that same son will grow up and do the same sins as his father. We are born of mind, body and soul. the same spirits that drove the father to beat his wife and be a drunk can pass down to the son. Ephs. 6:10 we wrestle not with flesh and blood but with spirits...Also in teh old testiment you can read alot about genarational curse. The curse is that same spirit pass down getting worse and worse
  3. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 03:29
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Would Usama bin Ladin be forgiven if he did that?
    You have to ask God that, I dont claim to know His judgement. If he can be he reconciled with God. Life is temporary, all you see will be wiped away over time. So I can't say that it's impossible. But knowing what I know of Bin Ladin he aint turning to Jesus anytime soon.
  4. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 03:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Ok. There are sins against others, (rape,murder,etc.) and there are sins which are only harming oneself,(homosexuality,sex before marriage).

Why bother worrying about sins that are not harming others? Its just a waste of time, and, according to christian doctrine, God will judge.

If you are not harming others why would you worry about those type of sins?
    What sin wouldn't harm another or yourself.
  5. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 03:46
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Indeed, it should be remembered that according to the bible god drowned almost the entire human population in the Great Flood. That's just one example of god's genocidal tendencies.
    God was wiping the slate clean. God knows our hearts an not man. What if you were to kill someone, but what you didnt know is that the man you killed was going to yurn his life over to God and save hundreds. God knew that all those people were not going to turn to Him and only excelerate their sins. The flood itself was a baptizism, the water represents a new beginning. a new Life Examples

Jesus babtized once he arose The Holy Spirit cam apon Him His name life You barely hear about Jesus child hood. A new life

Moses crossing the Red Sea (water) once on the other side a new life for him and his people free from slavery. A new life

Moses at birth was being hunted to be killed, was placed in a basket and sailed down the river (water) and was found by the Pharoah's daughter. Now he was in line with royalty. A new life

Jesus was stabbed in the side to varify that He was dead what came out blood and water. A new life (spiritual) That one gets much deeper I enjoyed researching what happened after that. But thats a different subject
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 03:511 edit
    Nevertheless, he remains a murderer by definition. Killing because you care, does not change the definition.

But the issue was brought up because the OP claims that all the past killing has been by humans and that God is not responsible. Clearly you strongly disagree with him, so why didn't you criticize him too?
    But in reality God gives us all life, we would not be here if it weren't for him. He makes it clear in the Bible that he wants all to live and has made the way for that to happen thru his son.
    The ones that God has taken that life back were no doubt ones that had complete evil entensions which God could see and knew it would be harmful to ones that do love life and their fellow humans.
    And he promises that there will be a resurrection of ones deserving of that gift of life again and a chance to change.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 05:251 edit
    Originally posted by realeyez
    1) If some of the people of today have free will and yet never say, murder, then why not all? Why not design people with free will, but more beneficent character tendencies?
    2) What do floods and volcanoes and earthquakes have to do with free will?
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 05:521 edit
    God was wiping the slate clean.
    So lets see...
    You start a thread asking "why the confusion".
    You start the thread off by claiming that all this bad stuff such as mass murdering etc that gets blamed on God is all mans doing.
    Now you admit that God is in fact responsible for some of it - even the most serious cases (wiping out nearly the whole earths population).

Its seems the answer to your question is clear: the confusion is because some Christians can't seem to keep their stories straight.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 06:04
    We dont have unlimited free will, and whatever will we put into action during the course of our lives only serves or hinders ,(or both or neither), the society that you leave behind when your mortal coil is extinguished.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Aug '10 06:09
    What sin wouldn't harm another or yourself.
    masterbation. I would,ve thought, done in the privacy if your own space, that that wouldn't harm anyone else directly. DRinking alcohol. Sex outside of marriage.

You seee this basic distinguisgment I'm trying to make here. I dont think the police should have the right to apprehend someone else harming only themselves-if only that western society is soooooooo hypocritical and nothing else.
  11. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 02:11
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So in your opinion and of course you were not there to see how things really were, you would put the human race into what the bible describes as a complete evel condition forever? You would want that population of humans to live on to who knows what terrible sufferings instead of God doing what he had to do preserve good and decent people that you are no ...[text shortened]... e didn't care we would have all been wipped off the face of the earth thousands of years ago.
    Thank you I Loved your answer,amen to that
  12. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 02:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    masterbation. I would,ve thought, done in the privacy if your own space, that that wouldn't harm anyone else directly. DRinking alcohol. Sex outside of marriage.

You seee this basic distinguisgment I'm trying to make here. I dont think the police should have the right to apprehend someone else harming only themselves-if only that western society is soooooooo hypocritical and nothing else.
    Masterbation allows for lust to take over (buts on deeper spiritual matters), sex before may also have its problems, it takes about 9 months to fully kick in, or std's. drinking kills your liver and brain cells. Bibically speaking your body is a temple for the whole spirit, if one can allow him to enter.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 02:31
    Thank you I Loved your answer,amen to that
    Thanks...
  14. Joined
    10 Jul '07
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 02:38
    So lets see...
    You start a thread asking "why the confusion".
    You start the thread off by claiming that all this bad stuff such as mass murdering etc that gets blamed on God is all mans doing.
    Now you admit that God is in fact responsible for some of it - even the most serious cases (wiping out nearly the whole earths population).

Its seems the answ ...[text shortened]... is clear: the confusion is because some Christians can't seem to keep their stories straight.
    Are you here alive, if God saw it fit He could have wiped us all out, but he did not. How evil were the people on this plant for God to have to basically start over. My main statement is just saying. Have a relationship God thru Jesus. And Love everyone. Thats if you are a christian. If your not a christian whatever religion you decide to practice or if you believe in nothing show love. back to my subject, christians should not to over complicate the religion. For those who believe There is one God and one Son. Why is there so many denominations, we as christians should come together and stop bickering over tradition. That's one of my main points.

As far as the flood Im glad He did it. If God felt that's what needed to be done who am I to question. I have no power. I can set my alarm for work to tomorrow, pick out my outfit, have everthing ready before I go to bed. Then die in my sleep. I dont have the power to even wake myself up. God has to bless me with the next day. So if He sees fit to wipe us all out he can. I just want to be on His team, what's life to God, when it's the next life heaven or hell it's whats important. He even sent His Son down to die for us. Die for our sins, now His Son has everlasting life God wants the same for us.

How good would the earth be if people simply were kind to one another regardless of race religion financial status etc. Thats kind of off my subject but its a nice thought.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 03:48
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Would Usama bin Ladin be forgiven if he did that?
    Hey, Swede, there is only one pivotal issue: faith (confidence) alone in Christ alone.

Only unforgivable sin is rejection of Christ. UBL is nothing special and no exception.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree