1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 04:38
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Hey, Swede, there is only one pivotal issue: faith (confidence) alone in Christ alone.

Only unforgivable sin is rejection of Christ. UBL is nothing special and no exception.

This is a non-answer.

The question was. "Would Usama bin Ladin be forgiven if he did that?"
    A simple yes or no suffice.

If Usama did just that and went forgiven - would he also be forgiven by the American people? Do the American people follow the forgiveness of Jesus? Would Usama be a free man if he just prayed of forgiveness? No justice needed, because he is forgiven by a higher instance?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 04:59
    Originally posted by realeyez
    Are you here alive, if God saw it fit He could have wiped us all out, but he did not.
    So what are you implying here? That I should be thankful?
    How evil were the people on this plant for God to have to basically start over.
    I don't know, and I don't see the relevance.

My main statement is just saying. Have a relationship God thru Jesus. And Love everyone. Thats if you are a Christian.
    Well then say that. Why introduce confusion by essentially starting off with a misleading post whilst naming your thread "Why the confusion"?

Do you at least admit that your initial post was definitely misleading and very nearly outright false?
    There are many examples of God either instigating violence or committing it himself. Yet you sought to distance him from all such acts. Now you are giving excuses for one such act (while quietly ignoring all the others).
    I am fully aware that you could probably justify every one of the acts, but that is not what you are doing, you are trying to pretend that they don't exist unless you are forced to address them.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 11:09
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

This is a non-answer.

The question was. "Would Usama bin Ladin be forgiven if he did that?"
    A simple yes or no suffice.

If Usama did just that and went forgiven - would he also be forgiven by the American people? Do the American people follow the forgiveness of Jesus? Would Usama be a free man if he just prayed of forgiveness? No justice needed, because he is forgiven by a higher instance?
    The answer to each of your four questions would be in the negative, i.e., 'no'.

Temporal justice (ordained to prevent self destruction) must also be served.
  4. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    19 Aug '10 12:515 edits
    In the eternal purpose of God there is something that the sinner can obtain and something that the sinner cannot obtain.

1. ) The sinner gets to be forgiven of every sin he ever committed. All is cleansed away and no record of his sins before God exists. He is forgiven because his sins were judged on Calvary in Christ's death.

This we ALL can obtain.

Now for what we cannot obtain.

2.) No forgiven sinner can obtain the right to remain the same kind of person he was as when he sinned. He must be, will be, and cannot avoid being transformed into the image of Christ in mind, emotion, thought, will, intention, character and expresion.

Me, you, and even Osama Bin Laden can be redeemed in Christ. But no forgiven sinner can remain forever as he was in personality as when he lived in sin.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 07:23
    Originally posted by realeyez
    Masterbation allows for lust to take over (buts on deeper spiritual matters), sex before may also have its problems, it takes about 9 months to fully kick in, or std's. drinking kills your liver and brain cells. Bibically speaking your body is a temple for the whole spirit, if one can allow him to enter.
    Yeah but it doesn't hurt anyone else. Wasn't that what we were trying to determine?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree