1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 12:291 edit
    @divegeester said
    As pathetic as you claiming I’m associated with the antichrist just because I think you’re a brainwashed zealot who believes everything he’s been told, no matter how horrendous it is, by his Christian mentors over the years?
    When you can not or will not say that scripture is from man or God it is clear you have an issue with scripture not my interpretation of it, so knock off the pathetic attempt to make this about me.

Denial of the text being divine is right up Atheists and Anti Christ position which you take over the Word, grow couple dive, at least be honest about what you believe and don’t believe!
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 13:39
    @kellyjay said
    Well, that is your problem with the Word of God, you pick what you like and leave
    the rest as meaningless, no small wonder you question the scriptures' reliability.
    The picking and choosing was done at the Council of Nicaea in AD 325 by a cadre of Roman Catholic bishops. That was when the canon was established. Prior to that, there were many more scrolls in circulation, held by various Christian churches (each of which could claim to have been founded by one of the Apostles) to have been equally the Word of God. So why do you accept what a cadre of Roman Catholics held to be Scripture and ignore what other bishops, each of whom could trace his lineage back to one of the Apostles, held to be Scripture? The Bible you know did not exist when Jesus walked this Earth; it was invented three hundred years later, redacted from a much larger corpus of writings.
  3. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 15:38
    @fmf said
    Psychologically speaking, religious belief is a way of erecting a set of doctrinal notions and aspirations and projecting them onto one's environment under the guise of being "the truth". In many ways, and for many people, this is the opposite of opening, cleansing and freeing the mind.
    I’m sure many variations exist as with everything in this world. What you’re saying psychologically speaking sounds like just another, a different path a personal variation not one of any true insight or proof on the subject. Yes many feel that way as do the other direction it will be settled one day.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 17:30
    @moonbus said
    The picking and choosing was done at the Council of Nicaea in AD 325 by a cadre of Roman Catholic bishops. That was when the canon was established. Prior to that, there were many more scrolls in circulation, held by various Christian churches (each of which could claim to have been founded by one of the Apostles) to have been equally the Word of God. So why do you accept what ...[text shortened]... is Earth; it was invented three hundred years later, redacted from a much larger corpus of writings.
    The text was never controlled by Catholics it was and is to wide spread across the world and in different languages.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 18:54
    @kellyjay said
    When you can not or will not say that scripture is from man or God it is clear you have an issue with scripture not my interpretation of it, so knock off the pathetic attempt to make this about me.

Denial of the text being divine is right up Atheists and Anti Christ position which you take over the Word, grow couple dive, at least be honest about what you believe and don’t believe!
    As I’ve told you several times, I will answer that question when you have answered mine. Pretending you have forgotten that is dishonest KellyJay.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 18:54
    @divegeester said
    I asked the question for the first time on page 2 6th post. You haven’t replied to that post, nor the second time, and not the third time I asked you.

Your propensity for ignoring posts and questions put to you about your claims and assertions and then claiming you’ve “answered” them is dishonest kellyjay.
    @ignored this then KellyJay,
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 19:38
    @divegeester said
    As I’ve told you several times, I will answer that question when you have answered mine. Pretending you have forgotten that is dishonest KellyJay.
    You need to get your story straight!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 19:53
    @moonbus said
    The picking and choosing was done at the Council of Nicaea in AD 325 by a cadre of Roman Catholic bishops. That was when the canon was established. Prior to that, there were many more scrolls in circulation, held by various Christian churches (each of which could claim to have been founded by one of the Apostles) to have been equally the Word of God. So why do you accept what ...[text shortened]... is Earth; it was invented three hundred years later, redacted from a much larger corpus of writings.
    It has been said that the Bible was written by man, but inspired by God.

It has also been said that the Bible was put together by the Council of Nicea, and the decisions of that Council was also inspired by God.

With the exclusion of many, many writings it does create some doubt.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 19:56
    @kellyjay said
    You need to get your story straight!
    You know it is straight. 2 days ago I asked you a couple of questions which you dodged repeatedly, you then asked me a question and I answered it honourably and you still dodged mine!

You’re a dishonest right wing American religious zealot who has deeply confused his handed down opinions with “truth”.

Don’t you ever look back over these dozens of threads and cringe at your performance.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 19:58
    @chaney3 said
    It has been said that the Bible was written by man, but inspired by God.

It has also been said that the Bible was put together by the Council of Nicea, and the decisions of that Council was also inspired by God.

With the exclusion of many, many writings it does create some doubt.
    The writers and readers of the Quran sincerely believe that their own religious book is the complete, inerrant and literal word of God. There is no “evidence” to say it isn’t, it’s all a matter of faith.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 20:00
    @divegeester said
    You know it is straight. 2 days ago I asked you a couple of questions which you dodged repeatedly, you then asked me a question and I answered it honourably and you still dodged mine!

You’re a dishonest right wing American religious zealot who has deeply confused his handed down opinions with “truth”.

Don’t you ever look back over these dozens of threads and cringe at your performance.
    Maybe you need to form coherent sentences to have them honorably answered by people on the other side of the world?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 20:02
    @cinder23 said
    Maybe you need to form coherent sentences to have them honorably answered by people on the other side of the world?
    Got an example of an incoherent question I’ve asked?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 20:061 edit
    @divegeester said
    Got an example of an incoherent question I’ve asked?
    Well what are the examples gone unanswered, you are raving on about?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 20:08
    @cinder23 said
    Well what are the examples gone unanswered are you are raving on about?
    So you got nothing?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Nov '22 20:081 edit
    @divegeester said
    So you got nothing?
    what are the questions?
    why are you dodging my question?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree