Why we believe

Why we believe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Nov 22

@divegeester said
That isn’t “evidence” kellyjay!

It’s just what you and other Christians choose to believe.
Go speak to those whose faith you find yourself in agreement with the Anti Christ and Atheist you found your herd.

Moves
27 Nov 22

@kellyjay said
Go speak to those whose faith you find yourself in agreement with the Anti Christ and Atheist you found your herd.
I’m not associated with the anti-Christ just because I find you to be intellectually dishonest KellyJay.

c

Moves
27 Nov 22

@kellyjay said
The scriptures tell us who the Lord is and what is required, ignoring it you can miss the truth, but it is Jesus who saves, not our efforts.
"Jesus loves me, this I know, because the Bible tells me so".

This is a children's rhyme, stating what is being debated here. WHY KellyJay do you believe the Bible?

F

Moves
27 Nov 22

@mike69 said
No but that also doesn’t prove one’s not there or that God doesn’t have one with them even so.
This sentence is a strawman.

F

Moves
27 Nov 22

@mike69 said
Where you were born playing a part in what you believe I’ve posted before, and agree.
Yes. Where people are born is probably the key reason why almost all Hindus are Hindus, almost all Muslims are Muslims, and almost all Christians are Christians etc. This does not mean that all these people don't strongly believe in the tenets of their religions.

F

Moves
27 Nov 22

@mike69 said
Not knowing the beginning, middle, and end or being God and it’s his plan leaves us only with guesses. Since we were divided by all of this including language, beliefs etc. then God has a reason and by faith I trust and believe in that. God knows all of the languages and what they include with the world being a small place comparatively from a creator standpoint
Be all this as it may, and to return to the conversation topic, people's professed religions [i.e. their various God figures] correlate very closely to their geographical and cultural contexts.

F

Moves
27 Nov 22
1 edit

@mike69 said
God knows all of the languages and what they include with the world being a small place comparatively from a creator standpoint which I believe you have some favor for just not God?
...which I believe you have some favor for just not God?

I have "favour" for what?

And what does "just not God" mean?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Nov 22

@divegeester said
I’m not associated with the anti-Christ just because I find you to be intellectually dishonest KellyJay.
You know what the definition of an Anti-Christ is don't you?

1 John 2:22
Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.

F

Moves
27 Nov 22

@kellyjay said

Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.

For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.
But I am not a "liar", KellyJay. And I am not a "deceiver". I am simply a non-believer and the term "Anti-Christ" only has relevance and currency between Christians.

Using it to converse with a non-believer like me, as you only just started doing in 2022, having never done so for a decade and a half, during which time my lack of belief and stances have not changed, suggests to me that your discourse-dodging attempted smackdown is simply performative and narcissistic.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Nov 22

@chaney3 said
"Jesus loves me, this I know, because the Bible tells me so".

This is a children's rhyme, stating what is being debated here. WHY KellyJay do you believe the Bible?
Because I am convinced it is the Word of God, by faith with cause. Why do you reject it as the Word of God, and still point to things in it as if it matters?

c

Moves
27 Nov 22

@kellyjay said
Because I am convinced it is the Word of God, by faith with cause. Why do you reject it as the Word of God, and still point to things in it as if it matters?
I don't reject the Bible. However, I DO reject that some things in the Bible cannot be from God. There is a difference.

I happen to think that with our God given brains, we can differentiate between what was likely written by man, without any inspiration from God.

Your insisting on defending vulgar text from the Bible at all costs is stunning.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Nov 22

@chaney3 said
I don't reject the Bible. However, I DO reject that some things in the Bible cannot be from God. There is a difference.

I happen to think that with our God given brains, we can differentiate between what was likely written by man, without any inspiration from God.

Your insisting on defending vulgar text from the Bible at all costs is stunning.
So you like dive cherry-pick those things you like and disregard those things you
don't not attempting to figure out why they are there you just reject them, so that
puts you above the text itself it must conform to you not you to the text in the
context it is in. It then isn't the Word of God, it is the words that chaney3 likes.

Moves
27 Nov 22

@kellyjay said

Well that’s not me is it, and your nasty spite just reveals more about you.

Moves
27 Nov 22

@kellyjay said
So you like dive cherry-pick those things you like and disregard those things you
don't
Outside of your personal opinion of the bible, you are not able to provide a credible rationale of why “cherry picking” is not acceptable.

You are brainwashed into accepting it all and ultimate truth instead of seeking god for insight and revelation.

IP

Moves
27 Nov 22

@mike69 said
Where you fall short is the inability to see ahead and where Christianity is growing the fastest now. We do have internet and television now, what could be next to expand and grow possibly leading to some countries giving free choice without punishment, restrictions, ridicule, and more.
Well, I'm all for religious diversity and tolerance, so the 'possibility' of these things happening is only a good thing as far as I'm concerned.