1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 21:511 edit
    Did God rest on the seventh day. He/She doesn't sleep or eat or...well all He/She really does is...what, watch us?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 22:39
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Did God rest on the seventh day. He/She doesn't sleep or eat or...well all He/She really does is...what, watch us?
    hmmmm, i suspect that it was because the creation was complete.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 23:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I know you are not going to get this, but here goes anyway.

But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”

(John 5:17 NKJV)

The Instructor
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 23:092 edits
    OK then that's when He/She started watching us and so really didn't rest, right?
    I don't know how many of "us" there were then but it'd have to be a more than one and that'd be a tough job....I mean watching.
    Edit #1 & 2: Oooops I forgot it wasn't just "us" that He/She had to watch.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 01:23
    OK then that's when He/She started watching us and so really didn't rest, right?
    I don't know how many of "us" there were then but it'd have to be a more than one and that'd be a tough job....I mean watching.
    Edit #1 & 2: Oooops I forgot it wasn't just "us" that He/She had to watch.
    You can't forget what you don't know.

The Instructor
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 02:371 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I know you are not going to get this, but here goes anyway.

[b]But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”

(John 5:17 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
    Is Jehovah Still “Resting”?

Two lines of evidence lead us to the conclusion that the seventh day was still under way in the first century C.E. First, consider Jesus’ words to opposers who criticized him for healing on the Sabbath, which they construed as a form of work. The Lord said to them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.” (John 5:16, 17) What was the point? Jesus was being accused of working on the Sabbath. His reply: “My Father has kept working” answered that charge. In effect, Jesus was saying to his critics: ‘My Father and I are engaged in the same type of work. Since my Father has kept working during his millenniums-long Sabbath, it is quite permissible for me to keep working, even on the Sabbath.’ Thus, Jesus implied that as regards the earth, God’s great Sabbath day of rest, the seventh day, had not ended in his day.

A second line of evidence is provided by the apostle Paul. When quoting Genesis 2:2 concerning God’s rest, Paul wrote under inspiration: “We who have exercised faith do enter into the rest.” (Heb. 4:3, 4, 6, 9) So the seventh day was ongoing in Paul’s day. How much longer was that day of rest to continue?

In order to answer that question, we must remember the purpose of the seventh day. Genesis 2:3 explains what it is: “God proceeded to bless the seventh day and make it sacred.” That day was ‘made sacred’—sanctified, or set apart, by Jehovah—in order to bring his purpose to completion. That purpose is for the earth to be inhabited by obedient men and women who will take care of it and all life upon it. (Gen. 1:28) It is toward the realization of that purpose that both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, the “Lord of the sabbath,” have “kept working until now.” (Matt. 12:8) God’s rest day will continue until his purpose in connection with it has been fully realized at the end of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign.

Still working does not mean he is still creating!!!!!!
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 03:127 edits
    Stees, use of the word "rest" in the Hebrew of the Old Testament utilizes a figure of speech known as an anthropomorphism* (or language of accommodation); which ascribes human actions to something not human (in this instance to God). Purpose of its usage is to enable human beings to understand what took place in Eternity Past.

In context the meaning simply conveys the fact that when the work was completed, He was satisfied with what had been accomplished or created, so there was a cessation of that particular activity of deity (similar to us and our behavior at the end of a work week). "TGIF". "Enjoy your weekend; you need some quality downtime". [Though He doesn't get tired]

Time didn't apply until the human race began. In Eternity Past (and Future) a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as a day: though Creation was accomplished in an orderly sequence, 'time' taken would approximate an infinitesimal fraction of a nano second. All things were created by the Word of His Power and are maintained/held together the same way. Nothing will destroy Planet Earth (appointed habitation of the human species) before the perfect timing of His perfect plan.

*Anthropomorphism meaning "the attribution of human characteristics or behavior to a god, animal, or object."
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 04:04
    Originally posted by galveston75

Two lines of evidence lead us to the conclusion that the seventh day was still under way in the first century C.E. First, consider Jesus’ words to opposers who criticized him for healing on the Sabbath, which they construed as a form of work. The Lord said to them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep workin ...[text shortened]... end of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign.

The Watchtower Society is very good at twisting the scriptures to their own destruction.

And count the forbearance of our Lord as salvation. So also our beloved brother Paul wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, speaking of this as he does in all his letters. There are some things in them hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures.

(2 Peter 3:15-16 RSV)

The Instructor
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 04:22
    And future developments turned over to the creatures, except for miracles. Right?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 18:19

who criticized him for healing on the Sabbath, which they construed as a form of work. The Lord said to them: “My Father has kept working until now, and I keep working.” (John 5:16, 17) What was the point? Jesus was being accused of working on the Sabbath. His reply: “My Father has kept working” answered that charge. In ...[text shortened]... end of Christ’s Thousand Year Reign.

There is a thread in this forum about plagiarism in which I call you and robbie out on this intellectual theft. When will you ever post your source? You frequently copy/paste stuff from the watchtower as if it is your your own writing. It is intellectual theft and you should be ashamed of yourself.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 00:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    There is a thread in this forum about plagiarism in which I call you and robbie out on this intellectual theft. When will you ever post your source? You frequently copy/paste stuff from the watchtower as if it is your your own writing. It is intellectual theft and you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Where did I say I wrote this? You obviously see that it is from the Watchtower Society so no doubt others do too. If someone wants to know where it came from, I'd be glad to say.
    So are you just going to do this knee jerk responce or did you actually take the time to read it and look up the scriptures to possible learn something new?
    I think I know the answer so no need for you to respond....
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 00:07
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Watchtower Society is very good at twisting the scriptures to their own destruction.

[b]And count the forbearance of our Lord as salvation. So also our beloved brother Paul wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, speaking of this as he does in all his letters. There are some things in them hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable t ...[text shortened]... wn destruction, as they do the other scriptures.

(2 Peter 3:15-16 RSV)

The Instructor[/b]
    Yep, sorry you don't get it.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 00:181 edit
    Yep, sorry you don't get it.
    I get it. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are not resting. God only rested from His work for one 24-hour day.

The Instructor
  14. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 01:28
    Originally posted by divegeester
    "You're not an intellectually honest Borg member...you stole that idea from your cellmate!" 😵
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 05:031 edit
    Where did I say I wrote this? You obviously see that it is from the Watchtower Society so no doubt others do too. If someone wants to know where it came from, I'd be glad to say.
    So are you just going to do this knee jerk responce or did you actually take the time to read it and look up the scriptures to possible learn something new?
    I think I know the answer so no need for you to respond....
    It's not obvious at all, I suspected you had stollen it and so I googled it. You just topped and tailed it to make it look like your own thinking.

I noticed you avoided posting in the plagiarism thread, it is clear why.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree