1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 07:47
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I am a theist.

There is nothing "loony tunes" about plagiarism or my calling out of Galveston75 about it; plagiarism occurs here from time to time and quite frequently by Galveston75 who has been called out on it several times before by other posters .
    So? You specifically accused him of plagiarism and unethical behavior, for quoting something out of a Watchtower pamphlet, which is a publication put out by the JW for promoting their denomination. You are avoiding my original argument, that all he was doing was using material provided by his group for the purpose of promoting what they believe. The only people who have any right to charge him with plagiarism and unethical behavior would be the JW, specifically those who are responsible for publishing the Watchtower. Do you believe they don't want their parishioners to talk to anyone about what they believe? Wake up genius, and smell yourself.

Whether he has plagiarized other material or not is irrelevant, you are clearly harassing him and playing the accuser here. If Satan is a theist, then I suppose you could be a theist too, but what's the point of keeping up this farce? You've been outed. I've seen how you are on other forums, and I'm sure everyone else has too, so who do you think you're fooling? Look at your own avatar... exactly what kind of image (of yourself) did you intend to project with that?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 08:424 edits
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    So? You specifically accused him of plagiarism and unethical behavior, for quoting something out of a Watchtower pamphlet, which is a publication put out by the JW for promoting their denomination. You are avoiding my original argument, that all he was doing was using material provided by his group for the purpose of promoting what they believe. The only ...[text shortened]... your own avatar... exactly what kind of image (of yourself) did you intend to project with that?
    So? You specifically accused him of plagiarism and unethical behavior, for quoting something out of a Watchtower pamphlet, which is a publication put out by the JW for promoting their denomination.

Yes specifically that, nice summary.

You are avoiding my original argument, that all he was doing was using material provided by his group for the purpose of promoting what they believe. The only people who have any right to charge him with plagiarism and unethical behavior would be the JW, specifically those who are responsible for publishing the Watchtower. Do you believe they don't want their parishioners to talk to anyone about what they believe?

I'm not avoiding your original argument at all, in fact I am addressing it head on. Plagarism is theft, Galveston75 repeatedly steals the intellectual work of other JWs and publishes them here, as his own thoughts. It is irrelevant whether or not the JW corporation approve of this or not, many members of this forum where the incidents occur do not approve of it. Can you see the difference?

Whether he has plagiarized other material or not is irrelevant...

He plagarised the writing of another JW and the fact that I as a member of this forum am calling him out over it, makes it relevant.

...you are clearly harassing him and playing the accuser here.

Do you see what you did there; in order to defend your indefensible argument you accuse me of harassment and being an accuser?

If Satan is a theist, then I suppose you could be a theist too...

Oh, upping the stakes...I'm demon possessed next is it?

You've been outed. I've seen how you are on other forums, and I'm sure everyone else has too, so who do you think you're fooling? Look at your own avatar... exactly what kind of image (of yourself) did you intend to project with that?

Outed as what exactly? I am what I post, as are you. I call it as I see it and I apologise if I'm found to be wrong. I think you attacking my avatar to defend your opinion is probably the end of your credibility in this exchange, but please feel free carry on.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 10:32
    So? You specifically accused him of plagiarism and unethical behavior, for quoting something out of a Watchtower pamphlet, which is a publication put out by the JW for promoting their denomination. You are avoiding my original argument, that all he was doing was using material provided by his group for the purpose of promoting what they believe. The only ...[text shortened]... your own avatar... exactly what kind of image (of yourself) did you intend to project with that?
    Well you take someone else' work and pass it off as your own it is
    plagiarism and unethical behavior. It is mind numbing and brain dead
    posting, it may make who ever is doing it to appear to be much more than
    they are, but it robs everyone of knowing the true source of the words. If
    I wanted to know what the Watchtower said about any topic I'd go the
    Watchtower I would not ask a poster on this site what they thought about
    a topic in hopes I'd get Watchtower info. If the Watchtower promotes this
    type of stuff they have a bunch of brain dead followers who cannot think for
    themselves in their ranks, which may be what they want for all I know.
    Kelly
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 15:07
    It's not just him. Most atheists and phony baloney theists I've talked to do the same. They are able to discuss topics intelligently and rationally, but when it comes to any discussion of God they toss their brains out the window... and you say to make it fair? Now I'm starting to feel guilty. Is it unfair of me to take advantage of this self induced lack of brainpower on the part of atheists and phony baloney theists?
    Meh...you think you're a legend, but you're nothing more than a windbag.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Oct '13 15:55
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Meh...you think you're a legend, but you're nothing more than a windbag.
    I was thinking more of a gasbag?!
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Oct '13 23:14
    "Did God rest on the seventh day. He/She doesn't sleep or eat or...well all He/She really does is...what, watch us?" (OP)

Conversation gradually became derailed. Anyone care to comment further on Stees simple question?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Oct '13 07:221 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Did God rest on the seventh day. He/She doesn't sleep or eat or...well all He/She really does is...what, watch us?" (OP)

Conversation gradually became derailed. Anyone care to comment further on Stees simple question?
    I think the idea here is that God finished this work of creating by creating a rest day for Mankind at the end of the week by ceasing from His work of creating for that one day as an example. Jesus, the Son of God, said that the Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. Jesus also said His Father continues His work and that was two of the excuses He gave to the Jews because of their charges against Him of working on the Sabbath by His healing others on that day of the week

The Instructor.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree