1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 05:50
    galveston75 I mean this with all respect. You should know not all are going to believe what you believe. If you make a statement or something you should at least try to defend it. This forum is the Spiritual forum but you should actually expect an argument. I've always believed it's good to try and understand where others are coming from. Does not necessarily mean you have to buy into what there saying but thats what this forum is about. It's good to have your beliefs challenged. Sometimes I learn something not always but sometimes.

Manny
  2. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 06:551 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You were talking as though the religion defined the god, who is subsequently bound by his followers' conception of him.

[b]Any god is attached to only their religion, or is attached only to their followers' views of what is a/the legitimate religion.

Either that or it seemed as though you were claiming to know what such a god would think he is a Christian god, or a Muslim god. Maybe there is a god who has no use for any of them.[/b]
    What I meant is that the legitimacy of any god is determined by that god's believers, yes? And that legitimacy will override that of any other god(s), yes? It's not determined by the god. The god, in whatever form, therefore will not accept all religions because the followers will not accept all religions.

It's a subtle philosophical point that's a huge part of religious praxis.
  3. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 13:116 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Is there a God?
    -and IF there IS a God, why would ‘he’ accept any (even just one) religion!?

After all, why would an all-powerful deity that is vastly more powerful than us and thus has no need for us care in the slightest what we believe or be concerned with any of our affairs?

-if you want an analogy, it would be like me being terribly concerned whether or not some tiny ants in my garden that I made acknowledge my existence and my intellectual superiority to them and would be humiliated if I found out they don’t 😛
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 13:13
    Originally posted by menace71
    galveston75 I mean this with all respect. You should know not all are going to believe what you believe. If you make a statement or something you should at least try to defend it. This forum is the Spiritual forum but you should actually expect an argument. I've always believed it's good to try and understand where others are coming from. Does not necessari ...[text shortened]... ave your beliefs challenged. Sometimes I learn something not always but sometimes.

Manny
    I agree and thanks for your comments. I appreciate it very much...
  5. Pepperland
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 17:30
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Will God accept all religions?
    all of them, except the made up ones like the mormons and islam.

everybody knows mohammed and joseph smith were probably lunatics or charlatans.
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 17:45
    Originally posted by daniel58
    No I don't have to shut up, and yes actually some people are interested in my thoughts.
    you better shut up, or Im gonna have to go to your house and burn it down, with you inside.

who exactly is interested in your thoughts?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 18:581 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    you better shut up, or Im gonna have to go to your house and burn it down, with you inside.

That sounds like a threat on somebody's life???
  8. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    16 Jul '09 20:02

Whoa, you don't even know where I live. galveston75, is interested in my thoughts.
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 15:58
    Originally posted by galveston75
    That sounds like a threat on somebody's life???
    you're damn right its a threat. Im sick of daniel58's BS.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    17 Jul '09 15:59
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Whoa, you don't even know where I live. galveston75, is interested in my thoughts.
    I know you live in texas, I'll use my connections to find out where exactly you live, and I'll go there and burn it down.

really? is he interested in your "thoughts"? why doesn't he say it himself then?
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 18:53
    I know you live in texas, I'll use my connections to find out where exactly you live, and I'll go there and burn it down.

really? is he interested in your "thoughts"? why doesn't he say it himself then?
    How do you know I live in a house? I could be living under a bridge, at be visiting my friend's house to get on the internet, he has sent me several messages to me, we have been talking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree