1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:07
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Whatever!!!
    What an advert for Christianity you are.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:11
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What an advert for Christianity you are.
    and a baby!😛
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:12
    I agree. The question is posed. Prove that man has only been around on the earth for 6000 years. The one stating the argument should at least try to defend it. Even if no one buys your argument.

Manny
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Surely all the other evidence of humans before 6000 years ago has to be swept under the carpet then?
    According to the Biblical account of the creation, the Earth was in fact inhabited before Adam and Eve.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:15
    Will God accept all religions? Also once again what happens to the people who never heard of the Gospel? Never heard of Jesus? Do they get destroyed go to hell for not hearing? Or accepting the Gospel?

Manny
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:17
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    According to the Biblical account of the creation, the Earth was in fact inhabited before Adam and Eve.
    inhabited by whom? Where these earlier people 'lesser' in any way compared with adam and eve?
  7. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:172 edits
    If he claims that it is all god's idea then he doesn't have to take any personal responsibility for his own thoughts, feelings, and actions. I've heard a similar argument from the guy hiding along the Afghan-Pakistani border. It is extremely important for the future of our children that this kind of dysfunctional thought is exposed for what it is - the abdication of personal responsibility. I suspect that most of the people that hold these views will not willingly do anything to further peace and understanding on this planet because the propagation of their beliefs is dependent on making people feel helpless before the inevitable human doom that all their prophesies forecast. Sadly, this attitude is just a defect of character that should be pitied but guarded against for the sake of our children.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:21
    Originally posted by menace71
    Will God accept all religions? Also once again what happens to the people who never heard of the Gospel? Never heard of Jesus? Do they get destroyed go to hell for not hearing? Or accepting the Gospel?

Manny
    lol! thats why they go door-knocking, but at times I bet they wish they had santas magic sleigh!
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:24
    🙂 LOL here we go 😉
    I'm thinking that the Spiritual might be futile.

Manny
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:26
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    If he claims that it is all god's idea then he doesn't have to take any personal responsibility for his own thoughts, feelings, and actions. I've heard a similar argument from the guy hiding along the Afghan-Pakistani border. It is extremely important for the future of our children that this kind of dysfunctional thought is exposed for what it is - the ...[text shortened]... a defect of character that should be pitied but guarded against for the sake of our children.
    I'm claiming only what the bible in black and white says. If none of you can read then let me know and I'll explain it to you. Otherwise read it yourself if you even have one.
    But if you don't believe the Bible, then why are you in this forum?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:33
    I'm claiming only what the bible in black and white says. If none of you can read then let me know and I'll explain it to you. Otherwise read it yourself if you even have one.
    Because its not a 'christian' forum but a 'spirituality' forum.🙂
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:37
    But as i've pointed out, the Bible is incorrect. I was merely intrigued to see how you would explain this innacuracy. All you could do was say 'whatever'.

So are you saying that only people who believe in the Bible are allowed to comment in this forum? What if i was Hindi, or a Sikh? Is my point not valid?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:42
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    But as i've pointed out, the Bible is incorrect. I was merely intrigued to see how you would explain this innacuracy. All you could do was say 'whatever'.

[b]But if you don't believe the Bible, then why are you in this forum?

So are you saying that only people who believe in the Bible are allowed to comment in this forum? What if i was Hindi, or a Sikh? Is my point not valid?[/b]
    I've read many of you post and all your looking for is to argue. Sorry but I'm not intersted.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:45
    I've read many of you post and all your looking for is to argue. Sorry but I'm not intersted.
    ...........and he slips out the back door into the night.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Jul '09 16:471 edit
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    Religious groups who think they alone have what they call Truth and that salvation is dependent on knowing this Truth, is going to be in for the biggest shock when Christ returns. They are suffering from the kind of arrogant delusion similar to the Pharisees who Christ condemned. Chief of these are the Jehovah Witness. They think they have the salvation market cornered.

Christ said over and over that he is going to judge people according to their works. In the conscience of man is the knowledge of good and evil. You dont need to read the Bible to know right from wrong. Does the Bible or Christ have to tell you to
    'love your neighbour' to know that its the right thing to do?
    Or that material things does not bring happiness?
    Or to honour your father and mother?
    The parable of the Good Samaritan was one powerful example of a virtual noboby who becuase of good works will get salvation instead of others like priests etc, who know what is right but dont do it.

Not everybody will hear of Christ but most will. Not everyone will get a chance to become a Christian but you are a follower of Christ if you are following his commandments. There are many who follow the commandments of Christ and are not Christians. These people will also be worthy of salvation, and will be judged accordingly. Hence the reason for this passage which Christians dont like to talk about:

Romans 2:13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
    15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;
    16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

I interpret this passage as .. its those who DO the will of God will get salvation... as opposed to those who just hear the word of God. Even gentiles who know nothing of the law whose conscience guides them to do whats right, they will be found worthy of salvation on judgment day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree