1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:50
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Your vision only encompasses the surface.
    My vision of Christians is that their conception of their God cannot be explained by claiming that dogs are more able to understand that God than atheists can. My vision of you is that you have difficulty processing atheists and what they believe.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:53
    You seem to be saying that he doesn't see the real me.
    This is cyberspace. You really are what you post. I see what you post.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 10:01
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I just want the religious set to confront plot problems with their heaven myth. Like would humans even survive without animals? So suppose you are blind and have a guide dog, you go to heaven now you can see? All your ills are corrected, say a 104 yo with RA, now they are what 24 and all the boo boo's fixed?
    Do they think there is no ecology in heaven? F ...[text shortened]... an 8 yo would take a magnifying glass and burn ants?

Can't you see a problem with all this?
    Your questions are a curious mix of infantile low-brow mockery and ignorance of basic Christian theology sonhouse; incidentally non of these are "plot problems" and you thinking they are is amusing.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 10:02
    Can't you see a problem with all this?
    No, because it's all childlike "where do babies come from" strawmen positions.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 10:02
    Actually [Philokalia is] rather like you.

Just slap a denigrating label on the people who disagree with you and call it a day.
    He singled out Romans1009 as the best high volume poster on this forum when he was active here. That was an interesting label. So we know what kind of forum posting/poster he likes. I don't think I have "slapped a denigrating label" on you, have I? What was it? What denigrating label has Philokalia slapped on you? I missed it. Was it on a thread on this forum?
  6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 11:361 edit

I'm sure some atheists can understand unconditional love, but it is their failure to connect it with God which separates them from dogs.
    Dogs don't connect unconditional love with God either Suzianne, for the rather significant reason that dogs have no concept of God whatsoever.

Also, what you see as unconditional love in dogs is actually the hormone oxytocin in the caudate nucleus of their brains (which aids social bonding) and is genetically born from the pack mentality of mutual survival.

Nothing divine there I'm afraid.
  7. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 13:28
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Your questions are a curious mix of infantile low-brow mockery and ignorance of basic Christian theology sonhouse; incidentally non of these are "plot problems" and you thinking they are is amusing.
    The concept of 'Heaven' is one huge 'plot problem'.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 14:051 edit
    So you can't answer any of the questions I posted or won't. Like, is there an ecology in heaven? Do people have to eat there? Do they live in houses? Are they just congregated on a hill singing hymns? No animals? If there are animals, do they eat? Do humans feed them? Is this a Trump situation, where just asking questions like this is offensive?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 14:151 edit
    So you can't answer any of the questions I posted or won't. Like, is there an ecology in heaven? Do people have to eat there? Do they live in houses? Are they just congregated on a hill singing hymns? No animals? If there are animals, do they eat? Do humans feed them? Is this a Trump situation, where just asking questions like this is offensive?
    I don't have any information on these topics; so no I can't answer you.

No it isn't offensive in the slightest; you seem to think you are being a lot more incisive than you actually are.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 14:15
    Originally posted by @stellspalfie
    The concept of 'Heaven' is one huge 'plot problem'.
    Yes I realise you are an atheist.
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 15:08
    Yes I realise you are an atheist.
    Perceptive and dismissive in seven words, excellent post!!
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 16:01
    As in efficient use of words to get the concepts across. Still, how do Christians view heaven? Would they have actual corporal bodies requiring food and would they reproduce in heaven and are pets allowed or wild animals, in other words, do Christians have any idea at all of the myth they believe in?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 16:01
    Thank you brother.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 16:05
    As in efficient use of words to get the concepts across. Still, how do Christians view heaven? Would they have actual corporal bodies requiring food and would they reproduce in heaven and are pets allowed or wild animals, in other words, do Christians have any idea at all of the myth they believe in?
    If you had a rudimentary knowledge of the Bible you would know the answers two one third of your questions, a Sunday school kid could answer another third and the final third you would be too embarrassed to feel smug about.

These questions are not the barbs you are looking for...
    >>waves hand in magical manner<<
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 19:19
    If you had a rudimentary knowledge of the Bible you would know the answers two one third of your questions, a Sunday school kid could answer another third and the final third you would be too embarrassed to feel smug about.

These questions are not the barbs you are looking for...
    >>waves hand in magical manner<<
    But you who are Christian cannot answer that question either so you must not have a good grasp of the bible either.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree