1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '18 20:31
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    But you who are Christian cannot answer that question either so you must not have a good grasp of the bible either.
    Ok ok I’ll play; what one question is it you want an answer to sonshouse?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 18:17
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Ok ok I’ll play; what one question is it you want an answer to sonshouse?
    Ok, do humans need food in heaven?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 18:312 edits
    How on earth should Dive know that? I don't think he's been. I doubt he's tasted manna either.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Aug '18 18:52
    “Blessed is everyone who will eat bread in the kingdom of God!”

Luke 14:15
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 03:55
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    “Blessed is everyone who will eat bread in the kingdom of God!”

Luke 14:15
    So they eat, then they have to poop, right?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 04:01
    I have no specific information on this topic, but drawing inference from what is in the bible I’d say no I suppose.

Do you have another question about heaven?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '18 04:02
    So they eat, then they have to poop, right?
    Ah, I see where you were going with that one now, that’s clever.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '18 07:08
    Sonshouse, the problem with your premise in this thread is that it isn’t cohesive with the point you are trying to make about plot-holes in theist theology about heaven. This is not because your doubts about the supernatural are unfounded or illegitimate, it is because you don’t know the bible well enough to play that particular game.

The bible is absolutely clear that there is no sickness nor death in heaven, so whether there are animals there or not is a moot point. There won’t be a requirement for vets.

I’m not even going to bother deconstructing your ‘eating and pooping’ gravel-pit wheel-spin.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Aug '18 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Sonshouse, the problem with your premise in this thread is that it isn’t cohesive with the point you are trying to make about plot-holes in theist theology about heaven. This is not because your doubts about the supernatural are unfounded or illegitimate, it is because you don’t know the bible well enough to play that particular game.

The bible is a ...[text shortened]...

I’m not even going to bother deconstructing your ‘eating and pooping’ gravel-pit wheel-spin.
    No sickness or deaths, so whatever the world population including all those who have died and then everyone is immortal so there would be all those Christians in this heaven, maybe a trillion people, never needing to eat or poop. So essentially, a computer simulation. But it is an exclusive heaven, where 50% or so of all humans never go to heaven but instead go to hell and burn forever.

Of course the people in heaven would not be able to even express remorse over the pain suffered permanently forever and ever.

The whole premise is full of holes so big even a 3rd grader can see through it. In fact I WAS a 3rd grader when I realized all this, and BTW I spend K-8 in a Lutheran school and we had the catechism shoved down our throats on a daily basis.

My concept of a god would be inclusive, where the Neandertal from 100 thousand years ago would be held in just as much love as any modern human anywhere and any time on Earth.

The way religions are organized now are totally EXCLUSIVE. That would be like humans having an ant colony and deciding THOSE ants over there are to be loved but the ones one the left side are to be burned and said human takes a magnifying glass and focuses the rays of the sun on just those ants....

That is something humans are really good at, and religions around the world anthropomorphize gods to be like humans.

If there was some kind of actual god capable of calling in an entire universe or maybe an infinite number of universes I would think it would view all life under the same umbrella of love or concern.

What we have now is the exact opposite of that, where Hindu's kill Muslims, Muslims kill Christians, Christians killing Muslims and so forth.

All this SCREAMS human construct of these religions and the response:
    Religionists pull the 'so now you think you know the mind of god' card but it is in fact the religious set selling people for thousands of years THEY know the mind of god because they write the religious tales of the various religions.

It is in fact the religious who spout the mind of god every day in every brainwashed country of whatever religion holds that country captive.

In short, religion is the scourge of humanity, it only causes pain and war and if you don't believe that, take a look at the middle east right now, Jews against Muslims, and not so friendly with Christians either and in Gaza, Christians are leaving in droves, I know that for a fact, having lived in Israel for years, the hatred is palpable. And every damned religion says only THEY are the true one and if you don't believe that, prove otherwise.
    I say that is not how a god would set up religion.

For one thing, a real omniscient god would easily be able to address every human on earth simultaneously in their own language and just saying to each one, so this is how it is, X, Y and Z is what you need to know and so forth.

But we come up with BS tales in the bible about the tower of babel stories or world wide floods where a petulant god ticked off at some humans kills all land animals to get back at the nasty humans. What utter poppycock and how people can swallow such utter bull is beyond me.

But what makes it clear is the gullibility of humans. If you don't think humans are the most gullible species on the planet all you have to do is look at assswipes like Idi Amin, Hitler, Pol Pot, and our own assswipe Trump, all those people brainwashed a huge segment of the population and those folks don't have enough critical thinking ability to counter that crap and so religion after religion pops up on Earth and political parties popping up through the same dynamics. And those religions AND political parties are 100% diametrically opposed to any other form of either.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 09:36
    No sickness or deaths, so whatever the world population including all those who have died and then everyone is immortal so there would be all those Christians in this heaven, maybe a trillion people, never needing to eat or poop. So essentially, a computer simulation. But it is an exclusive heaven, where 50% or so of all humans never go to heaven but inste ...[text shortened]... hose religions AND political parties are 100% diametrically opposed to any other form of either.
    So, really, this thread is basically your same old, same old screed against Christianity tied up in a different wrapping.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 09:46
    No sickness or deaths, so whatever the world population including all those who have died and then everyone is immortal so there would be all those Christians in this heaven, maybe a trillion people, never needing to eat or poop. So essentially, a computer simulation. But it is an exclusive heaven, where 50% or so of all humans never go to heaven but inste ...[text shortened]... hose religions AND political parties are 100% diametrically opposed to any other form of either.
    Is this post your long-hand for “it’s all bullshyte”?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 09:48
    Yes we know you are an an atheist
    Yes we know you don’t like religion
    Yes we know you had a job sweeping up at NASA
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 10:105 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    So, really, this thread is basically your same old, same old screed against Christianity tied up in a different wrapping.
    Not just Christianity, ALL modern religions brainwash its captives into never ending war with other religions. Prove me wrong and YOUR screed is it is NEVER the fault of religion, it is ALWAYS the fault of PEOPLE. Just like the NRA mantra, Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people.

If you somehow get rid of religion, there will be that much less to go to war over. Of course that is never going to happen because people are mainly 100% gullible and whomever comes up with a god story gets a congregation and than ANOTHER assswipe gets a god story going but a totally different religion starts up, rinse and repeat.
    The ONLY way that tragedy will end is if some religion, doesn't matter which one, finally takes over the entire human population and they ALL are held captive to that one religion, no more religious wars.
    I shudder to think of the consequences to THAT scenario however. Perhaps in the long run it would be better, at best a crap shoot.

Like I have always said, I want freedom FROM religion not freedom OF religion.

And sweeping up at NASA is better than YOU ever will become, Dive.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 11:19
    If you somehow get rid of religion, there will be that much less to go to war over.
    This is the most sense you make in this forum and you’re still wrong.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '18 11:21
    Of course that is never going to happen because people are mainly 100% gullible...
    The funny thing here is that you are possibly the most gullible poster here at RHP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree