1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 13:31
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    Only humans have souls. Therefore, there will be no pets in heaven. That's the official doctrine.
    I wonder how many other religions exclude animals from their heaven?

For instance, if there are humans in heaven, you have to know we carry a kilogram or so of useful bacteria in our bodies so one would suppose we would still need to eat, sleep, poop and such which would imply an eco system needed for at least humans.

So why would there not be an eco system including other animals?

My guess is humans don't know how to generate a viable heaven mythology.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jul '18 14:012 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Are animals allowed in heaven, and if so, why? Apparently dogs are in but what about the rest? Frogs, mice, birds, fish, etc. As in, a heavenly eco system where animals eat each other in the wild and such. Put on your thinking caps and come up with a scenario for animals in heaven.
    I have no idea; Isaiah 11 from verse 6 indicates that possibly there are, but I am not convinced that this passage is talking about heaven, nor if it is indeed even literal.

I'm more interested what it is you think you are onto here with this oddly childlike approach to questioning the afterlife; your tone suggests your usual mockery but the lack of a second shoe dropping infers that you are probably building up to your "it's all bullshyte" catchphrase once you run out of ideas.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 00:58
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I have no idea; Isaiah 11 from verse 6 indicates that possibly there are, but I am not convinced that this passage is talking about heaven, nor if it is indeed even literal.

I'm more interested what it is you think you are onto here with this oddly childlike approach to questioning the afterlife; your tone suggests your usual mockery but the lack of ...[text shortened]... you are probably building up to your "it's all bullshyte" catchphrase once you run out of ideas.
    I just want the religious set to confront plot problems with their heaven myth. Like would humans even survive without animals? So suppose you are blind and have a guide dog, you go to heaven now you can see? All your ills are corrected, say a 104 yo with RA, now they are what 24 and all the boo boo's fixed?
    Do they think there is no ecology in heaven? For instance, would people expect to have to eat, drink water, defecate, pee and so forth? Would they have sex? Would they have kids? Would they even have bodies or would they just be a simulation in some kind of cosmic computer code? Would they talk to their god? Would there be another heaven for say, Muslims?

Or would the Christian heaven be so restrictive there would be very few humans to go to this heaven? Everyone else suffers burns on their bodies forever and ever? Doesn't that seem to be a tad bit extreme for a god to be SO pisssed at these humans it treats them like an 8 yo would take a magnifying glass and burn ants?

Can't you see a problem with all this?
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 02:25
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Didn't you once declare your belief that dogs have a better understanding of the Christian God than atheists do?
    If your aim is to somehow make fun of the things I say in this forum, you'll have to do better than this.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 05:12
    FMF: Didn't you once declare your belief that dogs have a better understanding of the Christian God than atheists do?

Originally posted by @suzianne
    If your aim is to somehow make fun of the things I say in this forum, you'll have to do better than this.
    Are you denying you said it?
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:01
    Even if she said it, it was likely hyperbolic.

Are you incapable or distinguishing as much?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:121 edit
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Even if she said it, it was likely hyperbolic.

Are you incapable or distinguishing as much?
    Nope. It was regular Suzianne fare. It wasn't even one of her scornful diatribes. It was her take on the nature of "unconditional love" ~ something that Christians and dogs can conceive of apparently but atheists can't ~ and she stuck with the assertion as it was questioned by several people. It ran for a few pages. Sober stick-to-her-guns stuff. Sort of standard really. You seem incapable of distinguishing what kind of poster and online persona Suzianne is. Maybe it's some kind of groupist weakness you have.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:13
    Of course not, because it's true.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:16
    FMF: Are you denying you said it?

Of course not, because it's true.
    Thanks for confirming it. It's interesting, though, that you felt me reiterating it was making fun of the things you say on this forum.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:21
    It was her take on the nature of "unconditional love" ~ something that Christians and dogs can conceive of apparently but atheists can't ~
    Didn't you once declare your belief that dogs have a better understanding of the Christian God than atheists do?

"A better understanding of the Christian God", not "unconditional love". Is this new post some sort of attempted "gotcha"?

I'm sure some atheists can understand unconditional love, but it is their failure to connect it with God which separates them from dogs.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:252 edits
    Thanks for confirming it. It's interesting, though, that you felt me reiterating it was making fun of the things you say on this forum.
    It (and the follow-up post) seemed to insinuate that this is somehow a controversial idea.

Perhaps it is... to you.

Do you deny that you brought it up again to somehow gain more 'mileage' against me?

And I said it was you attempting to make fun of me. I never said you succeeded. Edit: Actually I said "somehow making fun of me".
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:30
    It (and the follow-up post) seemed to insinuate that this is somehow a controversial idea.
    It's an utterly ludicrous idea. Completely laughable. It makes you look a fool.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:37
    You seem incapable of distinguishing what kind of poster and online persona Suzianne is.
    You seem to be saying that he doesn't see the real me. Neither one of you do, but that's because that's your choice.

Actually he's rather like you.

Just slap a denigrating label on the people who disagree with you and call it a day.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:42
    Your vision only encompasses the surface. Your biggest failure in these forums is to only perceive people in two dimensions.

But that's not really news.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Jul '18 09:46
    That's you, always looking for the "gotcha".

That's just lazy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree