Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

1. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    29 Jul '18 14:47
    Will there be pets at all there? If so, what do we do when they get sick? Or will they all be immortal and invulnerable? Or will there be no pets in heaven, only humans?
  2. 29 Jul '18 15:29
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Will there be pets at all there? If so, what do we do when they get sick? Or will they all be immortal and invulnerable? Or will there be no pets in heaven, only humans?
    Do you think we will need atheists in heaven? 🙄
  3. 29 Jul '18 16:18
    Ignorant Lutheran upbringing.
  4. 29 Jul '18 16:28
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Ignorant Lutheran upbringing.
    Another profound utterance of Eladar.
  5. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    29 Jul '18 19:59
    Originally posted by @secondson
    Do you think we will need atheists in heaven? 🙄
    Yes, unless you want to peel your own grapes?

🙂
  6. Standard member Rajk999
    Enjoying
    29 Jul '18 21:22
    The bible says dogs not welcome in the kingdom of God
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Just another day
    29 Jul '18 21:42
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/12/12/pope-francis-dogs-can-go-to-heaven/20296955/
  8. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    29 Jul '18 22:47
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/12/12/pope-francis-dogs-can-go-to-heaven/20296955/
    Dogs but not parakeets or pet hamsters or pet lambs? Do those dogs have to eat?
    How can they be allowed into heaven when dogs don't even know what god is?
  9. 29 Jul '18 23:16
    Dogs but not parakeets or pet hamsters or pet lambs? Do those dogs have to eat?
    How can they be allowed into heaven when dogs don't even know what god is?
    Dogs know what and who god is.
  10. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    30 Jul '18 00:00
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Dogs know what and who god is.
    Dogs know unconditional love.

If, as some here tout, that following God IS the same as loving God, then it's clear that knowing unconditional love IS the same as knowing God.
  11. Subscriber FMF
    Main Poster
    30 Jul '18 00:22
    Originally posted by @suzianne

If, as some here tout, that following God IS the same as loving God, then it's clear that knowing unconditional love IS the same as knowing God.
    Didn't you once declare your belief that dogs have a better understanding of the Christian God than atheists do?
  12. 30 Jul '18 00:53 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @suzianne

The love of god as explained by sonship, KellyJay and the other purveyors of eternal suffering, is certainly not “unconditional”, in fact I would say I don’t know of a single Christian in this forum who would promoted a version of God with “unconditional” love. Except me perhaps.

The monstrous god who will hang in chains and burn alive forever non-Christians or those who reject him is certainly not a god of “unconditional” love.

What say you?
  13. Subscriber sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    30 Jul '18 03:29
    The love of god as explained by sonship, KellyJay and the other purveyors of eternal suffering, is certainly not “unconditional”, in fact I would say I don’t know of a single Christian in this forum who would promoted a version of God with “unconditional” love. Except me perhaps.

The monstrous god who will hang in chains and burn alive forever non-C ...[text shortened]... stians or those who reject him is certainly not a god of “unconditional” love.

What say you?
    All well and good but off topic. Are animals allowed in heaven, and if so, why? Apparently dogs are in but what about the rest? Frogs, mice, birds, fish, etc.
    As in, a heavenly eco system where animals eat each other in the wild and such.
    Put on your thinking caps and come up with a scenario for animals in heaven.
  14. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    30 Jul '18 07:27
    Only humans have souls. Therefore, there will be no pets in heaven. That's the official doctrine.
  15. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    30 Jul '18 07:43

The monstrous god who will hang in chains and burn alive forever non-C ...[text shortened]... stians or those who reject him is certainly not a god of “unconditional” love.

What say you?
    I am of the opinion that God is love, as evidenced by his Son while he was among us.

And yes, such a remarkable love as this must be unconditional. If only we could love him back as he loves us. We seemingly are even unwilling to love others as we love ourselves. One of humans' greatest challenges is to simply be honest in our love, never mind all the rest of it.